Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this rules. the rock rules

one weird thing gbs can agree on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

yogizh posted:

It is for some people. Being overly attached to standard situations (like math) equals being dumb as a brick. Big part of IQ tests is the part about being flexible in unusual situations.
There are people (a loving lot) who can't get over normal math rules. It will take them longer time to realize, that there are no rules stated about solving this puzzle = lower scores on IQ test.
All real intelligence tests measure time as a rule.

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Typically the tests only cover speed of resolution not creativity in the answer, it asks to fix the equation, which is to make it a true mathematical statement. Under the condition of moving only one match. There are rules to solving, you just have to do it in a manner that is fastest and simplest for you to figure out.

Pretty much every intelligence test, especially mensa's, are full of stupid improbable and really bad examples. Like the Robinhood Gold Bridge test. The problem is that their tests have fixed one answer solutions in their testing apparatus.

Heinlein said it best about them, "It's nice to see people with my level of intelligence, Collectively."

holy poo poo shut the gently caress up

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

falz posted:

Who the gently caress is Mery

quite contrary

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

caught this on windows 98's facebook

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Here's a nice one that just popped up

truly a pig in lipstick

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

where winona's big brown beaver

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Mr. 47 posted:

I think they prefer to be called Will and Jada.

:eyepop:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's more the carbs and sugar that make people fat, not the cheese :eng101:

why isn't this retarded poo poo being posted in image form by my hilariously fat aunt

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Probably because she's like one of my in-laws who continually tells me that they've done a low-carb diet before and it worked great, and they could totally go back on it whenever they want, and they totally will next week or some poo poo, yet they can barely walk up a flight of stairs because their knees are trying to deal with the weight, and meanwhile, I've lost almost 40 lbs in a few months :allears:

I eat bacon, too! :ssh:

Edit: to tie this into fb poo poo, I use one weird trick that everybody HATES. Number #3 will surprise you!

Do you eat a vegetable with your bacon

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

notZaar posted:

So not only does he somehow fail to recognize Trump's insane and iconic combover, he thinks the cartoon is a meme.

my sweet summer child

in 6 months every picture is going to be referred to as a meme from your grandma to your uncle that has no idea how to use a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Lichy posted:

that woman is like a 6 but that guy is like a -1 and a serial killer

can't blame her, dude's got a nice cock

• Locked thread