Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm still trying to figure out how ahq was planning on winning that game if intz hadn't handed them the baron at 24 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Vermain posted:

They won more-or-less off the back of Bard ult picks with Liss followup.

Yeah, but they really shouldn't have been able to

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
hahaha that ace in the hole was sweet

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
was that the fastest game ever at worlds?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

What's the idea behind finishing Ruby Sightstone before starting on Locket in pro play? My thought would be that getting your Locker up is more valuable than the Sightstone upgrade but I keep seeing it.

It's better if you're actively trying not to fight for the foreseeable future. A case can also be made that if you do want to fight, your opponents probably won't so you still won't get a lot of value from the aura in comparison to the extra picks you can create with more wards

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Rofl that baron call. Also, does SSG have the perfect comp for this patch?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

yes, i can't believe the power of cross map plays with tahm kench atm

also its not hurting ssg that cuvee is literally playing the games of his life at worlds

The cross map plays definitely won them this game but somehow they also have great disengage and peel, decent waveclear, 3 tanky bodies to deny the poke comp and plenty of late game damage between the sivir and cassiopeia. The more I think of it the less I know how reapered was ever planning on winning this past 25 minutes

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
What's jayce's winrate this worlds? Where can I find info like that?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

henkman posted:

50% after this game I think

If I got it right, it's only slightly below with 7 wins to 8 losses. That surprised me.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Fun fact: c9 destroyed 5 turrets over the entire series. None of those were inner turrets

woops, I only looked at top

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 14, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
please don't talk for 10 minutes about this botlane matchup, krepo

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Lol, gotta love jankos walking into toplane to show his flair after he did gently caress all to get the kill on gnar

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
open pls

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
got to say that steyos has been pretty on point with ulting kicks

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
h2k are actually closing this out really badly, which is pretty much all on jankos

also lol @ sperging out over an irrelevant and minimal inaccuracy in the opening line of a league of legends article

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Nook posted:

jayce hammer q is super cool

it also has the lee sin Q effect where if you land your QE combo in ranged form and then run through your gate you HAVE to go for the hammer form Q

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
kira with the zilean pick to speed up the series and get this poo poo over with even quicker

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
a zilean not one-shotting caster minions with max-level Q is just sad

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
rofl where did that bard go

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'll forever remember the blitz top game. That was fun

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

flyingkiwi posted:

Turns out all that extra AD and AP doesn't matter when your squishies still instantly die

Also, it was relatively little extra AP and AD. Karma, Elise and Poppy all build next to no pure damage items and even Caitlyn builds 2 AS items and QSS (only built 120 AD in total). Only Viktor really benefited from the bonus AP

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Monathin posted:

I'm just now getting home, what'd I miss with game one?

Game 1 was good. Two extremely good and evenly matched teams going at it for 45 minutes or so iirc

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Firebert posted:

Peanut always goes full/nearly full AP Elise and Viktor has Hex Core and probably had at least 900 ap by that point

628 AP on viktor during that last fight actually. Ori had 668 without the three buffs. I concede the point about Peanut's elise but her AP ratios are relatively poo poo anyway

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Lol, do ROX even know which ADC they want to have support?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
soloq is hosed the next two weeks lol

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
skt? hello?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Schiavona posted:

Who was that lovely S2 or S3 NA team that only won one game all season through a cheese rear end AP nidalee bot lane? Dragonborn or something?

ROX is channelling a good version of them.

Was DB in S3, yeah, with a soraka/nid botlane vs EG. HosaN played nid

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Imagine Montecristo's reaction changing from the last game into this one. It's like he's making love to the two most beautiful women in the world, he finishes and rolls over and they're both Steve Buscemi

lmao

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
rip anyone who wanted to get to the next ranked tier in the next two weeks

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
gently caress all-korean (semi-)finals man, that poo poo is always boring

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I can't wait for faker to pull out the on-hit midlane nautilus as a counter to the MF now. I'm going to be so sad if the next game is going to be full of meta champs again

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Moatman posted:

Personally I'm hoping for AP Assassin Blitz, Malph, or Nautilus
e: Maybe Sej? I don't remember which AP tanks can instapop people.

Seju can't anymore afaik.

If this goes to a game 5 I think marc merrill needs to step in and force both teams to go ultimate bravery

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
rofl, never has the first pick ashe been this scary

please pick twitch faker :(

LOL

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Lovechop posted:

i want faker to lose to mf support 3 games in a row, then just pick up his chair and throw it into the crowd

i do want SKT to win though, but yeah ROX has to win this one just so we can see the support MF draw a ban in game 4

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
the 2nd stream is pretty good, and it's focusing on bot this game!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
yeah he's a loving caricature but zirene and gate are pretty good

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
yeah you really need to flash that, wolf

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
wolf's dodge rate is actually pathetic

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Okay I can't believe I'm about to give Serious Analysis of Ashe/MF but

You gotta ban Ashe and you can't pick Zyra before they lock in their support pick.

That 'and' should be an 'or', cause I think the MF support pick is pretty worthless without Ashe but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

flyingkiwi posted:

Blank did that last game as well

yeah. few things look more sad than an ulting olaf fleeing the enemy team and hitting the ground running

• Locked thread