Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Of course Meteos the KDA king would build the GA :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Speaking of Twitch I can't even find LPL on that site, though it seems to be live on Youtube?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
So how do you pronounce Jensen, anyway? When I google it it seems like it's supposed to be soft, but the casters always say it with a hard J.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
ugh Echo Fox are hard to watch

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
For all that people complain about teammates and dynamic queue and all that poo poo one might think that there would be at least some movement back toward 1v1 competitive, but nope I guess that ship's sailed forever :negative:
People will choose to play team games and blame others for being bad until the end of time...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
lol LGD

sad

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Twitch chat is losing its mind over Jynthe.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
High IQ play from Huni

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I'm so glad Huni exists :allears:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I usually don't think tilt is that much of a thing but Huni was so loving tilted, and everyone called it the moment he picked Riven

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
tbh while Dota has a lot of viable strategies I don't find most of them very interesting

There's tradeoffs to the different balance approaches. If there's anything wrong with League I don't think it's because their philosophy is so flawed, it's just that Riot makes baffling decisions sometimes (probably because they have way too many chefs for the one kitchen, whereas Icefrog has a single vision for his game).

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Has precedent in actual football. Real Madrid A and B team.

I believe the limit is stricter. For example Bayern B can rise to the third-level league at most, not sure if it's the same in Spain. Of course in LoL we only have two levels so basically we get the current policy.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

TeenageArchipelago posted:

A fun thing that Regi mentioned and was forgotten was that riot can cap practice times but aren't and that is sad and not good

uhhhh if he wants this he might as well ask for Riot to run all the teams because how else is that even enforceable

like you'd have to force people to live in your gamer house to play professionally, that's insane

Redmark fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 23, 2016

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I find it difficult to believe that the owners would actually go through with leaving the LCS. Like maybe Fnatic could, but what do the other guys even have other than bad CSGO teams?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
As someone who has gone through his fair share of bullshit interview questions all of that seems totally believable and commonplace (if bullshit).

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I like Doa but not really Monte :shrug:

(RIP old GSL days)

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Elwind Trundle taking negative damage.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I remember one of the SC2 GSLs was playing Gangnam Style before it got famous and nerd circles (ie. teamliquid) were going nuts about it. I thought it was just a meme or something :shobon: (I guess it ended up being one, just on a grander scale)

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I want a Chinese team to win but at this point I'm just hoping EDG doesn't lose to H2K. Clearlove please handle these lucker dogs

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

imo Monte is being somewhat delusional with that second tweet. I cannot think of a single commentator that people truly tune in for across games (outside of maybe the fighting game community, which operates differently to esports). Like how many people followed Joe Miller and Deman that weren't already watching CS?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I like how Regi probably had a weaker case than Monte if anything, but managed to pull a huge PR victory by knowing when to talk and when to shut up. Tryndamere and Monte on the other hand...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Calax posted:

They start the week I move from the midwest to the west coast.

le sigh.

I'll do one better, I'll be in China for a period pretty much exactly matching the tournament schedule. Riot's conspiring to never let me watch Worlds in a decent timezone :argh:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Samsung/Splyce out of group D would be the best timeline

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
wew back from a month in China. Couldn't access SA so spent my time reading Chinese League boards. It was basically like laboring in a salt mine, there were some honestly incredible levels of depression :yayclod:

I found it pretty funny that LPL this year was basically NA in Season 4 worlds. I guess the non-Korean regions are officially all the same poo poo now, clowns upon clowns.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
There's not any one thing that non-Korean regions can change and be immediately competitive. Reapered couldn't make Clown 9 not Clown 9. They basically have to become Korea, in terms of player pool, mindset, social factors, infra, solo queue, ping, esports tradition, everything. I doubt it's going to happen, if the gap closes it's going to be from Korea getting worse.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

moush posted:

Why do people always get upset that prizepools are low? No major sport has great prizepools for their championship games. The superbowl only pays each player on the winning team $100k each. Sports will always be about marketing and sponsorships and not playing for a prize.

I understand League people might feel inadequate when they compare themselves to Dota 2 TI, but that's purely groupfunded. The high prize pool and no other stable income kind of ruins the Dota esports scene since it's the only thing that matters all year long so you get weird team moves.

I understand why people care but it's still weird to me how eager people are to throw money at Riot/Valve. Like fans are literally begging them to create new and innovative ways of letting them buy more hats with a small cut going to esports. If you really have too much money burning a hole in your wallet you might as well just donate to your favorite player/team at that point...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Not the greatest Jhin ult of all time.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
If Ambition only hit the Q ;_;

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
man that's a sad ending

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
welp welp welp welp

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
he held it so long you just knew it was going to be a disaster

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Meteos would be loving this game

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Flappy Bert posted:

YOU GOT A 3 MAN POPPY ULT JUST BURN DOWN ELDER DRAGON YOU GOD drat MORONS

cannot emptyquote hard enough

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
what the gently caress

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
phew time for the 25-minute SKT closeout now

:negative:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
holy gently caress Bang's reactions on the qss flash

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
FOR DIGNITAS

ALSO CJ

revenge of the clowns

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Savage Cracker posted:

My god. The recent spree of clowns attacking people at night was just leading up this.

Even the clown drakes, my god

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
someone's going to throw at baron, it is written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013