Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

Im just saying people literally made fun of me itt for saying tsm getting a free 3 game ban against AS was significant and here he is against the 2nd place at last worlds and one of the expected contenders for this worlds absolutely carrying.

CLG was playing like poo poo and got loving stomped and they used the bootcamp to the best that they could. Just because Sol would have been up during the NA playoffs does not mean CLG would have even won that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
should we go back in the thread to find the people talking about how great Huhi was to shame them

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

I hope this shuts up huhi haters. This guy carried in playoffs had most mvps(for clg) in regular split and playoffs.

He gets solo killed by Jensen or Bjergsen sometimes but he still is a monster in teamfights and great teamplayer.

eek

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has darshan ever played jayce before

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quickshot would be such a better caster if he had any loving knowledge about how league of legends is played.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

Quickshot would be such a better caster if he had any loving knowledge about how league of legends is played.

H2K HAS GOTTEN A KILL

*they blew 4 ultimates, 3 flashes and gave up map presence in order to secure a kill*

wait why is Samsung ahead in dragons, gold and towers - Quickshot probably

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ungulateman posted:

who needs competency when you have top lane ekko

lol yeah that was totally the problem with this game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

It really was, because despite Odo winning all early game, Ekko just scaled hard enough that Odo couldn't do anything about his split-pushing. SSG got so many objectives because Ekko and Nidalee are so broken they can take objectives all game on their own (Nidalee can solo Drake and Ekko can split-push forever with his ult)

It's not like this is the first game where this is discovered. The picks/bans were terrible but the overall strategy was just as bad. SSG is on a different level than H2K and it shows because even after the first blood pretty much every lane was behind in CS.

But let's ignore all of this and put it on a single pick though v:shobon:v

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like let's give Crown his signature champion and also give Ekko and Nid and then act loving surprised at the outcome.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ungulateman posted:

more relevantly, banning mf and not prioritising zyra, because you are aggressively attempting to lose bot lane

feel like we should blame Jayce this game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

Shouldn't let anyone get Jayce and Jhin on the same team. With even a small lead their siege will be unstoppable. It's really miserable from what I've seen this tournament.

i'm glad we can agree that we can blame this upcoming loss to Jayce

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok folks who do blame for h2k's loss this game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao samsung is winning 4v5 and taking towers on all factors of the map using the same style as last game and h2k still can't adapt to it

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
H2k lost in picks and bans again.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philip Rivers posted:

I think Phreak is a pretty good caster.

*inhales*

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you are just now figuring out that photoshop is a thing in marketing or pr pieces then maybe you should turn the rock over.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

MLB is trying really hard to stop people from even posting gifs on twitter, so if they're partnering with them for league content enjoy all of the takedown requests on youtube videos from here on out.

MLB has one of the best online presences of the major sports and has had since 1998 and even more when they launched the streaming mlb.tv service. Their policy has always been focused on the team and network focused for online stuff, which means if somebody is doing take downs for gifs on twitter it's a network or team. (Some teams have a much better online presence than others like the Mariners and Orioles over a team like the Yankees or Marlins, but all online content is basically on a per team basis)

But whatever.

Asema fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 17, 2016

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hold up one second let me post a link from 2015 for this argument because everything is set in stone phew lad

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i follow a poo poo ton of MLB bullshit throughout the season and fuckin laffo if you wanna fear monger over an article from 2015 but whatever

like there is an entire gif community on all the baseball subreddits designed to making baseball gifs throughout the season but HOLD UP

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MLB has always said they want to continue reaching out to the younger audience

Deadspin and a bunch of GIF twitter accounts got blocked in 2015 but it wasn't because of the MLB:

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/653755057385639936

If the 2016 MLB season was any indicator in regards to loving GIFS ON TWITTER then there literally isn't anything to freak out about holy loving poo poo

I also brought up that they've had a great online presence since 1998 because they've gotten a lot of good will from it. While it's still 2016 and you are incapable of watching NFL games without a subscription they've been doing it since the early 2000's and at a cheap as gently caress price. Out of all the big sports the NBA/NHL have better online presences but the MLB is still up there in how it handles the online scope of it's sport. Them coming into league is a very very very good thing because their infrastructure and streaming capabilities are loving absurd and would do nothing but good things for League

Asema fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 17, 2016

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop posted:

there's actually a really good video that explores this in depth here:

https://youtu.be/y9K18CGEeiI

hot take :wow:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd say something about Riot being dumb if they made a deal that put their twitch streaming at risk but it is the e-sports side of Riot we are talking about and boy do they make some really dumb decisions.

If they really are moving towards MLB AM then they probably want to launch their own streaming services so they don't have to deal with Twitch. MLB AM already has the technology available for picture in picture or to select an audio track without bothering the source video along with a long list of features that Riot could use for their streams. (Like during worlds where there was different streams going on for player experience/new player experience and the regular old stream this could all have been handled with a setting within the html5 player that MLB.tv uses).

They could pull a GSL and offer a low quality / one stream and audio for their twitch stream while offering 4k / bunch of options on their own service.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we even assume that riot knows what riot is doin

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

It's like if Skip Bayless and Chris Cunningham had a show together

please don't make me throw up

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

Not surprisingly, Reignover is out of IMT. Another one bites the dust! Pretty incredible for a team that looked like the most dominant western League team for about two splits.

most dominate but couldn't advance to the finals in either playoffs

v:shobon:v

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EU can't get much worse than 2016 though right?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just a reminder that TSM is going into the season with Wildturtle as ADC again lmao

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Our goal is to win worlds.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah as much as I want to hate TSM and Regi, I'm not about to go make a deal with Richard Lewis and his bullshit to feel morally superior.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LS was laughed out of the starcraft community and almost got banned from MLG for being a hot headed dimwit that literally threw punches at people so it's almost poetic that he fits right in onto a pedestal for the League crowd.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That last team fight holy moly

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Riot is going to have to tell SKT to cut back streaming on LCS days.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

Cloud 9 is kind of bad sometimes for a team that's regularly competing for first place...

It's kinda obvious that they are ok with being the #2 seed. They've been experimenting with team comps and players over the past few weeks.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes Phreak. Gragas, Karma, Maokai with Talon and Jihn IS a full AD comp.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah releasing them doesn't suddenly fix all of the issue or waste of time or anything that actually happen. Like it's good on the players to seek opportunity elsewhere but this shouldn't be the desired outcome.

The desired outcome is getting rid of the very obvious corruption in Riot OCE and to make sure practices are put in place to stop this entire ordeal from happening again.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I could go 0/8 in a game and not be blamed for it. What a life.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Redmark posted:

They'll still both have 3 teams. Losing a first seed is unfortunate, but hell it worked out for EU last season.

Actually doesn't the #3 seed have to play through a different tournament bracket (with the wildcards) just to get into groups now?

edit;

they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
G2 wins one game and it's like they won worlds holy poo poo can phreak just shut up for two seconds

• Locked thread