Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Roosevelt posted:

yesterday i had my first conference call with a significant number of people involved, and the first 10 minutes was exactly like that conference call simulator website, with the confusion, muffled audio, and mute button requests. someone was playing pokemon or something and you could hear all the beeps and boops. after a while someone who was apparently on their phone in the car rolled the window down, so whooshing noise drowned out the presenter for a couple minutes.

the meeting ran over an hour, was about our terrible insurance plan, and centered around a powerpoint. the presenter couldn't figure out how to screen share, so instead we watched a black screen while they described what the slides looked like.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Mad Wack posted:

Our 25 person conf call once got to listen to a VP order a shamrock shake from a mcdonalds drive thru, taste it, and send it back

thats a real power play

amazing

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Arcsech posted:

i dunno,
works

change "McDonald's" to "shamrock" and that's a 5

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

duTrieux. posted:

sane companies actually do this.

there aren't many sane companies.

I know for a fact there's at least one govt agency that does this. hosed up because true

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

flakeloaf posted:

mr. handsfree

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Lyon posted:

murder mystery webex theater

murdering anyone that uses WebEx does seem like a good start imo

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

indigi posted:

any articles about bats this month?

Nice!

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Thanks Ants posted:

*joins webex* "hey i'm here"
*mute mic, do other stuff for an hour*
*unmute mic* "thanks for that guys, good presentation, bye"

i've never identified with a post so hard in all my life

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Miss-Bomarc posted:

(joins call)
"Hi everybody, so this meeting is--
(oh, I better mute my phone so I'm not That rear end in a top hat)
"THANK YOU FOR PRESSING THE MUTE COMMAND."
"YOU ARE NOW MUTED."
"TO UN-MUTE, HIT STAR-6."
"TO PLACE THE CALL ON HOLD, HIT STAR-4."
"TO LEAVE THE CONFERENCE, HIT STAR-2."
"TO HEAR OTHER PHONE COMMAND OPTIONS, HIT STAR-8."
"YOU WILL NOW BE RETURNED TO THE CONFERENCE."
"-omarc? Miss-Bomarc? Hello?"
"THANK YOU FOR PRESSING THE UN-MUTE COMMAND."
"YOU ARE NO LONGER MUTED."
"TO MUTE YOUR HANDSET, HIT STAR-6..."

do you not just mute your actual phone or what

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Bloody posted:

i have not checked my work voice mail nor answered my work phone in over two years

same, op

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Iridium posted:

edit- and/or the meeting that everyone else agreed to cancel in an email chain you weren't added to.

meeting invite forwarded to you so you don't get the cancellation notice/room change/time change

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Thanks Ants posted:

was it this thread where all the dick popups were shown as grey squares because the host was only sharing the application

yeah lol

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Cat Face Joe posted:

i make like three times as much as her and wish i was dead every moment of every day lol

hell, same but without the figgies

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

i remember dp dough

it was good when i was a collegeling

:respek:

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

my goth gf posted:

https://dpdough.com/locations/college-park/

it's good for when you want some cheapish food that's decent and edible

the official food of "gently caress i'm at this party and have never been hungrier in my life"

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I haven't been to the college park area in at least ten years but I remember it being really boring

if you're older than like 23 it blows rear end

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

my goth gf posted:

yeah the flag's pretty dope

i'm from michigan and moved here for work, been here about a year

where

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

yeah no poo poo

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Rex-Goliath posted:

why it's good to have the personal cell #s of all your close coworkers

lol yeah lemme give out my personal cell number to my coworkers pause not

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert
good lord i'm on a troubleshooting call (loving owned) and it's rapidly devolving into The Nightmare Telecon

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert
featuring:
BOOP BEEP every 10 seconds, causing the sitrep to be started over
kid in the background yelling "WHO IS THAT"
poor audio quality
re-interpretation of the problem every 15 seconds
people talking past each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert

Agile Vector posted:

i never thought id say this but adobe connect is so good by comparison

The Forbidden Phrase...

• Locked thread