Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

oh baby, there's probably going to be an announcement about whatever this project is

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For real though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

there was a bigass video of the new deus ex that I want to watch. Apparently they added *deep sigh* cards and loot crates to it though

No way

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Do you have a Fry Wallet meme for every game franchise every produced

Uh I heard Fallout 4 will have some new content creator community spotlight features, anyone hear about that?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It kind of looks like contra but with a life meter

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

hes picking up bokoblin horns and poo poo off fallen enemies there is crafting lol. and he found a Common Bow in an unguarded chest just out in the world. this will not be a traditional zelda in anyway, it seems

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

i'm cautiously optimistic about this. i'm a little burnt out on modern not link between worlds zelda. also japanese open world games i think are usually pretty ftw? I can only think of dragon's dogma right now though, heh

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

JRPGs have crafting usually, right? I was trying to think of japanese open world games beyond dogema and mgsv (which are both extremely win) and I think the rest are jrpgs. Which are like some of the o.g.s of crafting.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Monster hunter is another good example because on paper it's the worst kind of Loot Treadmill ever where the goal for most missions is to repeat them for random drops but the core gameplay is so varied and deep and fun that really even if you go in thinking "I need X y and Z to make this gear set" you're really thinking "oh hell yeah I get fight monster X y and z again!"

Yeah. I think you are on to something. Monster Hunter is sort of amazing in that it works at all. Imagine Monster Hunter but with Elder Scrolls combat, lol

Also, coincidentally, games in this weird non-category are like some of my favorite of all time.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Has there ever been a game that has item durability that has been better because of it? Despite that, some insanely good games have had the most assy durability mechanics. 🤔

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

me: hello id like to preorder final fantasy 15
gamestop cuck: you should also preorder no mans sky
me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my coworker interrupting your conversation: DUDE no man's sky

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

man, i can't even imagine working on the same game for 10 years. if i work on a project for 2 years it feels like forever

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

There's bosses on the overworld in Zelda

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I went to look at this for some reason and :yikes:

in here it's

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I hope the inevitable SMG5 is a full budget mainline release

super mario galaxy .. 5?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Miyamoto beating it shirtless :xd:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Normie gaming round table: I'm actually really surprised at the lack of open world aaa superhero games right now. As popular as it is right now, it's strange that we haven't seen much since Spider-Man 2 and hulk incredible destruction. Saints row 4 was fun but I don't think that's a game marketed towards the superhero bubble.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I heard about infinity shutting down, but my first thought was that maybe Sumo can develop another sonic racing game instead now

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Latest video update about FFXV revealed they added an option to turn the game into a turn based RPG

Hmmm. This .. I don't know. What's it trying to be

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

After 20 years of development, they decided to make it turn based?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, maybe it's for the best. I'll give it a chance. Last time I paid attention to the game the impressions I was reading was that it was like monster hunter or something

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah... I think I can beat it.

Lol yeah I immediately thought of the imp zone monster gamers

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh yah the new rhythm heaven game will be sick. Isn't that out soon-ish

Bwuh? I thought these were only Japan things these days. If not, that owns!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

a new IP? ooh

Woah. I didn't even notice that. And for the 3ds. zomg!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

sega just announced that they're going to announce something about sonic in july

announcement annoucements

:pray: sonic racing :pray:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

its live now wow!!!! but i want a p[hysical version...

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Kojima is a weeaboo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Shadow Weeb

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

If you notice the only non-DC superheroes were in Disney Infinity because ever since Marvel started making 6 billion dollars a year on movies about homos in spandex looking sad, they're hyper protective of their canon or whatever and won't let anybody but an internal company make games about them. But now they shuttered them too so maybe Marvel v Capcom 4 is in the pipeline. DC doesn't care because they're not as successful

Found an epic post with an interview on the 'gaf about this:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1235407

quote:

They want to find excellent teams and then dedicate the IPs to them so they can focus on quality.

That probably rules out marvel vs capcom :laugh:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

He also mentioned he has a pitch for okami 2 :pray:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

This is allowed if it's a tie fighter game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU