Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

good OP. here's some more screenshots of this great game (some using GemFX, still tinkering with it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Kemmler also mentions something about ratmen and their warpstone in one of his quest battles. Skaven are pretty significantly present in the background.

I also just ran into Dark Elves. As Empire, I got an event about dark raiders sailing humongous ships and taking slaves in coastal provinces.

Also ran into this in my Bretonnia campaign

Some more screenshots cause why not this game rules

da gobbo flight academy

happy orc & boar

longbeards welcome the challenge

chaos are so over the top it's cheesy-cool

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Welp, I hope it's real. I feel like the New World expansion just makes sense, can't wait to get my hands on Lizardmen.

Also, if they actually add Chaos Dwarfs that'd be rad as gently caress. Hopefully with their big Babylonian (Assyrian?) hats. How would they go about this though? I thought they didn't have an official army book? Also, did anyone ever do a Chaos Dwarf army list writeup in the old thread?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

peer posted:

I think Beastmen could be super cool in this game so I hope they're still planned as one of the first added factions.

Really excited to see what they do with them too! Minotaurs, giant bull cyclops with magic eyeballs, Centaur cav, and I would love to see them animate whatever the gently caress a Jabberslythe is. My only worry is that they're a clear contender for a horde faction, and horde factions are just less fun imo.

Thanks for the Chaos Dwarf info dudes

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Is there any way to prioritize a mod over another?

I have both 'Armoured State Troops' and 'Greatswords wear full plate' mods installed. I prefer the Greatsword skin in the latter mod, but Armoured State Troops overwrites that. Can I prioritize it or is it just incompatible unless edited?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

These patch notes are great. I think the Crypt Horrors were nerfed due to multiplayer 'cheese'. At the same cost of trolls they were just better in every way.

Also, the runes we saw on the Facebook page the other day are still unanswered. They confirmed it has nothing to do with the Blood Knights.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

BLOOD

Why won't you die?

Better cover that head

Instagib landing

A Vampire Lord's Wind of Death rips through a poor quarreler, brutal.

MY BREATH IS DEATH

FIRE AND BLOOD

Blood spurts from a Greatswordsman after an unsuccesful duel with a Manticore

What could this be!?

dear god sigmar

Chunks of frozen blood shatter under the Giant's ice breath

A stray hellcannon shot obliterates a group of Greatswords

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Does anybody else crash when selecting DX12? I can't get it to launch whatsoever. DX11 works just fine.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

drat, Beastmen trailer owned. CA has really upped their game with their trailers. Can't wait to stomp, bleat and poop all over the Empire!

Do we know if the BeastMAN in the trailer is one of their Legendary Lords? I'm not familiar with them.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, I was so ready to sub to that mod until I saw those... bears. I just can't help it, my immersion, I am the worst.

Cygors for Beastmen, will they be living siege engines!? I can't wait to see ranks of infantry squashed by a giant magical boulder.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

This game is really cool, you know that.

That is giving me some huge Harryhausen vibes, I love it. I am so glad they're doing a fantasy game.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

No Harpies or Jabberslythe in the roster :(

They still sound fun as hell though, the Cygor has a miscast aura for enemy wizards and most importantly all Centigor units have the 'Drunken' trait. Hmm.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

where is our Macho Man Randy Savage Wyvern mod anyway?

Wafflecopper posted:

I've seen a couple of posts along the lines of "that's a bit pricey and it's a shame there's no jabberslythe", is that what passes for entertaining nerd rage these days or did I miss something?

I mean, there are some folks going berserk because Total War fans, but it's been pretty tame imo. They do have a point, the exclusion of some of their biggest units and the price sucks a little bit. I'm still picking it up, but it smells slightly of laziness on CA's part.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress u CA no jabberslythe remember carthage!

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I pre-ordered this game, and I'm pre-ordering it's DLC

I am the gamer anti-christ

:hfive: let us smear our feces all over the churches of Sigmar and Ulric

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

drat, summoning a Cygor seems like a pretty drat good spell. Especially for multiplayer where you're not likely going to have 20 unit armies.

beastmen op

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm not quite sure CA is going to go to the extra effort to make it a ranged unit and I'm pretty sure it's just going to swing the rock around.

Ripped from the Steam page:

Cygor: T5 monstrous artillery, special ranged weapon, very long range, causes terror
Abilities: Resilience, Causes Fear, Causes Terror, Soul Eater

Cygor gonna own

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah, wow. Beastmen look like a proper horde faction and much more fun than Warriors of Chaos. Malagor starts with a fuckin' Chaos giant too, drat. It's a shame Malagor starts in the Badlands that I've seen a million times by now, because I quite like his bonuses better and trying out the new lores first should be fun.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Kainser posted:

what if they are as annoying as the norsca :negative:

110 speed Centigor w/ AP Throwing Axes, and more capable than Marauders in melee.

sigmar save us

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Summoning a Feral Manticore was cool, I wonder if that spell can summon anything else.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Is autoresolve still broken for VC where having zombies in an army literally lowered your chances over having no unit in its place at all?

Looks like it. I had a stack of 1 Vampire Lord, 2 Vampiresses, 8 Grave Guard w/ Great Weapons and 2 Terrogheists ready to siege a full stack + garrison of Empire troops. I would have won handily with a 3/4 bar advantage. I added 3 zombies to the army and my success rate when to 1/2. :sigh:

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

^ Nice to see Night Gobbos & Trolls get an LD bonus, but I wish they would make the fanatics proc more often, they're way too poo poo. Good looking patch though, hopefully the customization of Lords in MP means more MP features in the future. Return of Avatar Conquest please.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Patch drops tomorrow with the Beastmen + FLC. I've been holding off starting a new campaign until the patch, I can't wait! Malagor in the Badlands or Khazrak in Estalia?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Deified Data posted:

I'll probably do the grand Campaign with Malagor since you have to start the mini-campaign with Khazrak, unless Khazrak's starting bonus is just too good to pass up. The prospect of starting in Estalia is tempting too, since I've never even set foot down there.

Are you guys going with the grand or mini-campaign first?

Malagor has a +10% campaign movement range and +1 capacity for Bray-Shamans, while Khazrak has +10% Raiding income and +5 Leadership against humans. I'd say Malagor has the better bonuses but Khazrak starts in an interesting and fresh area of the map. Decisions, decisions! I'll definitely be doing the Grand Campaign first though.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Fangz posted:

As Chaos I've actually managed to make an alliance with the Savage Orc respawning hordes a few times, which was interesting. I'd sack a settlement, and they'd follow behind and raze it.

In my current VC campaign, both Greenskins and the big Savage Orc faction thats always a pain in the rear end had 'Vampiric Persuasion' or whatever the trait was. I have them both as Vassals and the Dwarfs are actually holding them both off. It's an interesting campaign.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Okay, so I just fired up a Beastmen custom battle and I wish I had saved the replay, because I don't know what the gently caress happened.

I did a simple Empire (AI) versus me as the Beastmen. I gave them a standard army, 3 Hellstorm Rocket Batteries and 1 Amber Wizard. I had about 6 Ungor Spears w/ Shields and 4 Bestigors as my main line. The Amber Wizard flew over on his griffin, and while I was paying attention to another part of the battle I had noticed my line evaporated. 5 units completely wiped out without routing, almost instantaneously. I hovered over them before they evaporated and saw the 'Flock of Doom' damage/debuff spell at the last second, I can't remember if it was overcasted. The main line was getting peppered with rockets at the same time, so I don't know if they destroyed the health of my units? Did the rocket batteries get buffed? I've tested the spell multiple times just now (both standard and overcasted) and did not get nearly as much damage as the AI did (unless they resisted every attempt, it does have a 'High' chance to be resisted). Let me know if you guys find anything weird with Flock of Doom, gonna go toy around with it some more.

peer posted:

The beastmen variant of Chaos Spawn look cool/gross

The little bull tails sprouting from their heads (do Chaos Spawn have heads?) are adorable and disgusting.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Some things I noticed regarding customizing Heroes and Lords:

- Most melee oriented Heroes and some Lords can buy health potions for around 60 gold. There are two health potions availabile, so for about 120g you can heal your Hero/Lord back to full from the brink of death twice.

- Dwarf Lords have no access to potions, but can buy a Fire Breath ring. Cooldown seems way too long to be useful, doesn't do much damage.

- Runesmiths can buy more passive runes, one which reduces missile damage in his vicinity by 20%. The Dwarf star strengthens.

- Exalted Heroes also have no access to potions, and get a lovely Banner (-6 Missile Parry) and Mark of Khorne instead.

- The new Amber Wizards have no access to any items, every other caster Lord/Hero can buy useful scrolls. Maybe a balance choice because he can ride a fabulous Jade Griffin?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Looks like you unlock Boris Todbringer for Custom Battles if you beat the Eye-for-an-Eye Campaign.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Home to Emperor Gerhold von Scheinfelt, Patriarch Kosmo von Kramer and Jurgen Konstanz, Wearer of Chains.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Trujillo posted:

Killed by my own bray herd. Not sure if this is a bug or some feature I missed.

clearly they do not respect your bleat

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

So, has anybody tested Empire Mortars versus Beastmen? They absolutely melt Beastmen infantry, like evaporate an entire unit before they can even rout. Was explosion damage buffed? Go launch a custom battle with a big Beastmen chaff mainline and give the AI 2-3 mortars. Charge in and see how it goes, its absolutely insane. I think the Rocket Batteries should work too.

edit/ tested with Rocket Batteries, they gently caress poo poo up too but Mortars are more reliable with their accuracy and cost effectiveness.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 29, 2016

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

This is just because the Beastmen have next to no armour, I think. Mortars are similarly lethal against Chaos Marauders.

While I could see it making sense for Beastmen chaff, it doesn't explain Bestigors (100 armour) melting to Mortar fire too. I think something is seriously wrong there. I just watched ONE mortar shot hit the middle of an Ungor Spear Herd, and the explosion rippled out and wiped out probably 80% of the unit. Two shots from a mortar just deletes them from the battlefield.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 29, 2016

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

This definitely doesn't sound right (or match up to my own experience facing mortars as beastmen). What unit size are you playing on?

I'm playing on Ultra. I don't have any mods that gently caress with any sort of unit statistics whatsoever. I'd like to capture it on video, any good game recording programs?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

beastmen poop piles confirmed

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Really, the entire Beastmen melee infantry roster is just there to hold a poo poo line so your 8+ Minotaurs and Devolve can do the actual work.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I like having a couple of Centigors for chasing down routing units, flanking and attacking artillery. Super fast vanguard deploy cav is nice. Giants are cool too because they never run and never die, they're great meatshields.

Chaos Spawn look neat but they're just basically poopier Minotaurs.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I think a solid wall of minotaurs doing their thing has replaced charging Reiksguard as my must-zoom-in favourite. Also I've no idea where cygors are in terms of effectiveness but I love them to bits. Do they actually get any mage smashing bonuses or are they just a giant and trebuchet in one?

Apparently they increase Spellcasters' miscast chance when they're nearby. I haven't really noticed it yet, not sure how large the radius is. I think they have some magic resistance as well.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

drat, missed out on it! Hopefully they post it again today.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I hope the Strigoi Ghoul King has a skill line that buffs the ghoul infantry into something that can be a reliable line infantry. It'd be nice to get some more use out of those poisonous cannibals. Also, I wonder if the ghoul king will get a regeneration skill like the horrors do. Can't wait to see regardless.

And as mentioned earlier, Kemmler is going to need some serious buffs or sidekick Krell if Ghorst gets the DLC treatment i.e. cooler and better skills than vanilla Lords/Heroes ala the Gorebull. Really just makes me wonder why they didn't give VC a Ghoul King LL like Ushoran for a pure melee lord. He has more lore than Ghorst anyway, no?

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I had totally forgot he was riding a Terrorgheist, I hope it's possible for the infantry version too.

Tardcore posted:

I wonder if the Lore of Shadows is a possibility for this next patch?

Did the Vampires get this in tabletop? Someone on reddit said Vlad had access to it. What can we expect from the Lore of Shadows?

• Locked thread