Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wouldn't feel comfortable publicising a Nazi-made mod that people (who are largely unaware, hopefully) pay money to support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Luminous Cow posted:

This isn't anger. I just find it hilarious that people in this thread are acting like not using a mod for a video game or cancelling their $1 donation is taking a stand against the racists or something.

Choosing not to give one money based purely on his political beliefs is absolutely making a stand.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sedisp posted:

So thinking about picking up the elf dlc, I really like the idea of a ranged focused faction but anyone have any experience on how fun they actually are?

In the campaign they're far more effective as an infantry-focused faction due to how OP eternal guard become (also wardancers).

They're the only faction I've enjoyed playing as in this game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Third World Reggin posted:

this is actually something I worry about

part of me wants just movement to be less so it still feels larger

but that map is huge and lol at the idea of conquering it all or any part of it

then when they combine it, like I am never gonna see not north america and not south america

I really like the idea that in the grandest campaign I'm not going to necessarily see all of the map on every playthrough. Having a crusade to the new world be an optional endeavour in pursuit of my overall goals sounds rad as hell to me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I bet High Elves diplomacy won't do poo poo on higher difficulties with all the ai bonuses.

They have nice unit cards though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ze Pollack posted:

oh, neat, missed that the Loremasters of Hoeth were a hero option

the Loremasters are interesting; fluffwise they're mages who don't bother with any kind of combat magics, instead working on far more subtle, long-lasting enchantments with zero battlefield applications. that said, if they HAVE to fight, they can still brute-force any one of the eight 'signature spells,' the ones a mage of fire/light/life/metal/shadow/death/heavens/beasts starts off with.

also, as graduated Swordmasters, they're both capable and willing to swing around a greatsword and heavy armor while doing so.

the story of Teclis' life does a dramatic U-turn when the Loremasters get ahold of him and start poking him, asking "how the gently caress did you survive to the age of majority, a stiff breeze not only could have taken you out it should have."

the following montage consists of equal parts WIELDING PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER and convincing him to do enough bicep curls to be able to lift his loving staff unaided

Bro mages best mages.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How competitive can we expect the ai to be after 100 turns? Most long campaigns can be finished before that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wood Elves basic stats are garbage too so I'm not worried about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Randarkman posted:

I do. However it's from a few weeks at most after the game was released. I don't know if it will even load and it will almost certainly not play out the same way due to stat changes and other updates.

These are the best ones to watch.

• Locked thread