Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Really I'd say the golden standard for CA streams was Joey/James last year, but they've both been promoted to better things as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIoiBUdXcAEjPW-.jpg:large

Lord Skill Posters are a thing again I guess.

Kroq-gar Looks like he'll be the Saurus/Big Dino focused choice, which makes sense. Other that that no real surprises except finding out vaguely what his items do.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Jum-Jum posted:

Then whats left for Mazdamundi? Skinks and...?

Temple Guard, for sure. They had special rules when guarding a Slaan-Priest in TT.

Though really for Mazdamundi you're going to be mostly magic focused anyway. He did have a huge red tree they previewed a while back but it was mostly one point skills and the capstone was the big bubble of magic protection instead of the usual +LD/Defense most lords get.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
That's correct. Empire rebels are typically empire troops, but high level of Vampire or Chaos corruption will result in Vampire or Chaos rebels.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Ah, the classic full stack of Miners with Blasting Charges that starts right on top of you build.

I miss the old vanguard zones.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Eimi posted:

Is it just me or are those stat lines rather...unimpressive. They are even buffed by something in those shots. Especially in comparison to the dark elf unit statline from the Malekith battle. The attack is definitely buffed by something, possibly a new effect to martial prowess, but the unbuffed stats are 36 melee attack, 42 defense with prowess up. Pretty pitiful. Executioners meanwhile rock 115 armor, 36/36 atk/def, which is lower at the start but once the swordmasters lose prowess they will have more, and 4 more weapon damage. Black Guard have 115 armor, 36/46 atk/def, and 9 more damage over Phoenix guard. In this case, well they are just a straight upgrade over Phoenix Guard in every conceivable way. Do CA over power factions in a preview build? Because otherwise :psyduck:

Those are pretty old stat cards from a couple months ago and High Elves basically seem to have better stats in each new build but yeah it's a point of concern.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJNZjfxWsAAD4W7.jpg:large

CA put this up last night for some reason.

Morathi looking pretty good.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJNZjfhXUAEmVtL.jpg:large

Malekith Skill Chart.

quote:

What're people's thoughts on the beastmen grand campaign? Fun or not?

Beastmen are tons of fun. You get to play a stealthy ambush based horde that's unlike any other race in the game.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Zore posted:

Mannfred is probably better individually than either of them though, at least once he picks up the Sword of Unholy Power.

That thing is insane and lets him poo poo out magic forever.

Yeah, Mannfred has always been the most powerful Vampire Lord on the battlefield. Vlad/Isabella are insane more because of their crazy campaign and army bonuses.

Both Vampire Starts are comparatively powerful and easy compared to most factions though. Just don't start with Ghorst, the poor neglected soul.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Because CA took some scraps about Norsca and turned them into one of the coolest factions in the game. Having more or less creative freedom when it comes to making armies now that Warhammer tabletop is dead is pretty sweet in that aspect.

Also just general variety in armies and forces makes the game more interesting.

Don't want to turn this into another multi-page discussion of "here's Araby and why it's good" :v:

This is true, but the thing about Norsca is that they took two well known characters from Warriors of Chaos and a bunch of units (War Mammoth, Skinwolves, Fimir) from Monstrous Arcanum and built the faction mostly around that.

There's no equivalent forgeworld supplement that gives a bunch of models and stats for potential Araby characters and monsters so the bar is actually a lot higher than with Norsca. I think we'll probably see Araby still because they've hinted at it but I've got no idea what they're going to do for playable Legendary Lords especially.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Also CA's twitch stream shows them scheduled to stream a different LL/Campaign every day starting Monday.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
So small confirmed change to Lord Spellcasters in game 2:

1. Lords max out spells with two points instead of 3, eg first point gives spell, overcast, and reduced cooldown, second point for cost reduction, vs Hero Spellcasters learning spells more slowly. Spells with no overcast can be maxed out with one point.

2. Lord Casters start with two spells unlocked instead of one. Skrolk starts with Pestilent Breath and Imbue Poison for example.

Don't think the changes apply to hybrid melee/caster Lords, but not sure yet.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Also, watching the TB stream for a bit...

Skrolk seems really strong. He's decent in melee, his basic breath spell actually does quite respectable damage, likely because of damage spells being buffed generally. He's got 50% upkeep reduction of pestilens units and starts with Plague Monks x3, Censer Bearers, and one Catapult. Starting position seems easy but slow, you start with one minor lizardmen faction to stomp on and are surrounded by ruins otherwise. You do start fairly close to the Dwarves though.

OTOH he does inherently spread corruption which isn't actually too helpful for Skaven. Also food is a bit more of a concern then I would have guessed, it depletes pretty quickly and you can only produce it from special building sites or from combat and the penalties for running out are massive.

Minor tidbit, Warpstone Tokens is a Skaven passive skill that gives +13 winds but increases miscast chance by 5%. Skrolk also gets a unique skill that gives him terror, another one that's a -MA aura, one that gives more Plague Priests/Plague units buffs and a bunch of other skills.

Also Red tree seems consistent with most of the other one ones I've seen in Game 2, the first tier gives you a bunch of 3 point skills to dump points into, second tier is all one point skills.

madmac fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 16, 2017

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Nymix posted:

I'm completely new to TW games, and Warhammer has been my first experience. Absolutely loved it so far but the longer I play the more noticeable it becomes that the AI will only willingly engage with a huge advantage. I seem to never get attacked unless the enemy has a ridiculously overwhelming numerical advantage - obviously this is a legit tactic but I'm a scrub who just wants to smash things and so it's getting pretty frustrating. Is this an issue other people have? I'd much prefer it if the AI was a tad more ballsy and would still willingly engage with a slight-to-moderate advantage (ie; still beatable by pleb/average tier gamer).

Download the advanced AI mod, among other things it tweaks the AI to be more willing to engage.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

It gets pretty tiring watching people who are so brain dead that they can't show off the game be the only ones who get early access. I get it they have more followers yadda yadda but jesus

Apparently the normal youtubers will be able to start showing footage on Saturday.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

cheese posted:

I think one of the first DLC's is called "A Great Discovery" or something and has skaven background. They can't put Skaven in and not give us Warlock Jezzails and Rattling Guns.

Eh, if they want to add Skaven units they can do that with the usual lord pack. I think the experiment will be something else.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I'd probably rate Grim and the Grave a lot lower if it wasn't for Volkmar being my favorite Empire Lord, plus Flaggelants, Blazing Sun Knights and Arclectors for the full crusader package. You don't get a new start position though, and the Vampire side of the pack is definitely weaksauce. Ghorst is lamer than a lot of vanilla lords at this point, your extra units are carts with auras, and they've got arguably the least interesting RoRs. At least the generic Ghoul Lord is kinda cool.

It's definitely the weaker of the two lord packs, but OTOH it's like 5 bucks on sale so whatever.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Carcer posted:

Doesn't magical damage bypass armor?

Nope. Magical Damage bypasses physical resist but is weak to magic resist.

Fire damage is similar, it just adds damage to units that are weak to fire and less damage to units with resist to fire.

Spells don't bypass armor either, btw. Different spells have varying effectiveness against armor.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

BillBear posted:

When do you guys think we'll get Araby? Bridge DLC between 2 and 3 like Norsca were?

Some CA guy in an interview said recently that it'll be a longer wait for Game 3 because they're putting out the next historical game first.

That does probably mean we'll get more Game 2 DLC though since it'll have to endure longer than Game 1 did.

Other than that all we know is that they've hinted super hard that Tomb Kings will be the first race DLC and whatever other races we get will be further down the road.

quote:

The only army book faction we can get as DLC is Tomb Kings, so I'd guess after them, but before any other minor faction given Araby at least has an army from Warmaster to be based on. So I am placing my bet as, say, the fifth DLC after the two Lord packs, Tomb Kings and the obligatory Blood Pack.

I don't know about that, given the other plausible options are Zombie Pirates (Full army list+LL from White Dwarf) and Tilea/Dogs of War (Full armybook and model range just a little dated) which I daresay both trump Warmaster for ease of adapting.

That's also assuming they don't decide to capitalize on selling DLC for the Mortal Empires campaign. Notably the last update included new voice work for Kislev and new followers for the Southern Realms, so there might be a little prep work being done there. There's also the fact that Southern Realms have a larger presence than Empire on the Vortex Campaign map.

Mind you I do think they'll do Araby, but I don't think they'll be next after Tomb Kings necessarily.

madmac fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

Ninjahund has been streaming legendary Skrolk skaven for 8 hours and is fighting for his life at every turn.
It's like playing a Skarsnik campaign for the first time with a punishing food mechanic on top.
Their lovely basic units and garrisons get like 2 pixels worth of respect in autoresolve.

Ahahaha. He had Teclis locked down to the Turtle Isles, and then sent a full stack of clanrats to finish him off only to find out that Teclis's two small armies are made up entirely of Swordmasters, Phoenixes, and Dragons.

• Locked thread