Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Dramicus posted:

Maybe I'm dumb, but if you wait to sell it, wont the price go up since it's limited in number and consumable?

Not necessarily, if the demand is as limited as the supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Truecon420 posted:

I'm aware of the -50% upkeep penalty, but look at my screenshot, there are two separate penalties listed. Here is the first normal one. If you read the flavor text in my first screenshot it seems like a separate penalty, and it implies that I have already captured it. Why would they list it twice with different flavor text, and why wouldn't it say on the faction select screen that your faction has -5 public order as it does with the -50% upkeep?

Happens to me too. And not just once, but in multiple fresh campaigns, with some or all mods disabled. So it's nothing to do with mods - the Angrund campaign is just hosed. There's a post on the OF complaining about it too, which hasn't received any response since it was posted on the 20th.

Can anyone else start a fresh campaign and not have this bug pop up? (Happens on turn 2 for me. Every time.)

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

At least Athel Loren should be good ground to defend. I imagine Welfs would always be able to see through foilage, and be able to snipe while hidden.

Also, writing this out, I'm really going to hate fighting Wood Elves, even moreso than Marauder Horsemen stacks.

Good news! Wood elves will have marauder horsemen with longbows, possibly with armor-piercing arrows, probably with the strider trait which makes them immune to terrain penalties. They will also almost certainly have a flying variant as well.

Also included:

- Dwarf-toughness monstrous infantry
- Troll-toughness monstrous infantry
- Giant-tier monster
- Slayers that don't suck
- Vanguard-deploying archers with stalk that will likely be able to shoot while remaining hidden
- VC tier regen via the Lore of Life
- And much, much more broken-rear end cheese. Prepare your anus.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

They also have exactly one unit of line infantry, Eternal Guard, and they are lightly armored and expensive.

Assuming dryads, treefolk, and treemen get implemented the way I think they will (high armor to reflect their TT armor saves), you should be able to use dryads as your fighting line, anchored by treefolk and treemen. These will be nice, tough infantry to soak arrows while your archers use their superior range to wipe out theirs.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks though. I'm just hoping they won't be a horde race.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

2nd opinion please to make sure.

Second opinion, weighing in. Madmac is correct; chariot archers are literally worse than an empty slot, because at least an empty slot does not cost upkeep.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Are they good for ANY race?

What would have to be done to fix 'em? Make them the equivalent of little chariot-mounted bolt throwers?

The only race that has them right now is greenskins. And maybe beastmen. I don't have beastmen, so I don't know.

To fix them? More models. Multiple shooters on each chariot. Higher rate of fire. Anything that makes them put out about as much volume of fire as ranged cav would put them about on the same level.

Chariot mounted bolt throwers would be p cool. Like the carriage ballistae from Rome 1.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, it sounds like your home province is the only one that has the unit recruitment buildings, but you can global recruit for your armies based on which legendary lord you take. Orion lets you global recruit all elf units instantly, but tree people units require a special resource generated by your conquered lands. With the treeman LL it's the opposite, tree people instantly, but elves require the special resource.

^^^^ They also have a ranged unit hero that can fire while hidden. Also mounted flying archers. Also shotgun arrows that hit multiple units.

Edit: Fighting against wood elf AI is going to be so loving terrible. Picture an army of chaos horse marauders that can be swapped to poison or fire attacks and also are flying, forever.

You know, I've been Eeyoring about the warhawk riders for a couple months now, but it looks like CA have figured out a way to make them not completely cancer. They appear to be a sort of flying "chariot" unit with the low model count that implies, so at least they shouldn't be able to completely decimate enemy armies from complete safety.

Then they decided there wasn't enough cancer, so they made it so Welf archers can fire while moving. With shotgun arrows :v:

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Welp, that's a winged hussar riding a polar bear, all right. If he doesn't have a bionic eye that shoots lasers I just don't know what the gently caress.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

I had to make a gif of some of the eagle animations because they're just too good.

Ha! :rip: that guy.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Ok cool. I have like 6 amber. I'll just invest it in the hall building line and buy like, the 4 amber-costing techs I like the most.

Huh, Dwarves confederated Angrund...

So now I'm sitting here, with one WE holding, barely any $$, -6 amber and my dudes won't heal and I can't seem to destroy anything to get amber back because it's all research choices and the main fortress building chain which, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to destroy. Oh right cause I guess you can't?

This amber mechanic is getting my dander up.

That's what you get for trying to make friends in a game about murdering poo poo.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Deified Data posted:

I've always wondered about this.

From playing Chaos we all know that the AI is omnipresent and knows where you are whether you've met before or not, so I wonder how this interacts with the Beastmen ambush stance? Do they still know where your army is but technically can't interact with it unless they spot the ambush?

Yes, that's correct.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Aurubin posted:

I have a fever dream where TW:W makes so much money that CA just throws the Tyranids or something in there. Cause why not.

Given how much success TWW has already had, being only 1/3 done, it's all but certain CA will make a TW40K eventually. Probably in the same vein as FOTS.

This entire excursion into fantasy has been a license to print money for CA (and likely for GW, too). Anyone who thinks they're going to just turn that license in when TWW is done and go back to Totally Serious Business Which Is Stronger Swedish Pikes or Spanish Pikes: Total War is either lying to himself, or actually retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

LordAbaddon posted:

So i've been having fun with my beastmen campaign running around and making GBS threads all over the empire (it might even be the first TW campaign i finish :dance:), and it got me wondering. How are beastmen in the multiplayer, I haven't spent much time on that part of the game but i'm liking the faction enough that i'd like to mash it into armies controlled by other people.

How are you playing videogames without arms? That's pretty impressive.

• Locked thread