Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Vargs posted:

40k, the most cringeworthy setting this side of Fallout Equestria.

Have we already forgotten Age of Sigmar or are we pretending it doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

I wish shieldless infantry units would have some kind of advantage over the shielded versions, instead of just being worse in every way.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I will say though that the autoresolve being way off can be seriously annoying, as dwarves I'd always be heavily unfavored yet I'd handily win with minimal losses. I ended up having to play out every tedious minor skirmish because if I didn't a half stack of greenskins would ransack my T2 settlements

:shepicide:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Fangz posted:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

The sounds of it suggest it's a pretty small addition, though.

Unless I'm blind or stupid, nothing in that post suggests it's smaller than any of the other race packs :confused:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

kind of embarrassing that the only person itt who can detect an obvious troll is also the person stupid enough to type all the other words in this post

i think maybe Stephen9001 is trolling too :ssh:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Perestroika posted:

Whatever it is, if you guess it right you apparently get some code to redeem somewhere. Perhaps some cosmetic DLC?

It's a wallpaper, for now, which looks suspiciously like the kind of makeshift town man-sized rats might dwell in, if they existed. The page indicates there are seven more rewards to come as the "ritual" page updates over time

peer
Jan 17, 2004

sept. 28th is the release date we've been given.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Oh wow they're bringing back fimirs???

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Stephen9001 posted:

I can't help but wonder what people's reaction to a race that reproduces by kidnapping and raping men would be like

A fantasy race that kidnapped men to breed with them would almost certainly be drawn as sexy amazons so probably no male nerd would complain

peer
Jan 17, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

He is a unique ability of Kremmler.

That's lame. Hopefully some modder will make him a passive always-on summon instead.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Someone already made a mod to turn Krell into a permanent "legendary hero", essentially just a boosted, unique Wight King, if anyone's interested

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083806981

peer
Jan 17, 2004

I think it's probably referring to CA's 30th anniversary, not the 30th of july

edit: which would be august 18th

peer
Jan 17, 2004

True nerds know the old model is great and the new is terrible, just like treemen

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Plague rats are the best rats, Skryre are lame. Go suck on a poison globe.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

aaaaa I didn't think we'd actually get the hell pit abomination

peer
Jan 17, 2004

If it's Thanquol I hope we get the cool skeletal-rat-automaton incarnation of Boneripper rather than the awful, Age of Sigmar-y end times version

Please CA I know you have better taste than GW does

peer
Jan 17, 2004

They should reintroduce Squalor as a mechanic but have it give bonuses instead

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Here's the roster, for anyone who missed it (like me)

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

No Ratlings or Jezzails

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Kaza42 posted:

Honestly, given the incredible work they put into the Hellpit Abomination and the Doomwheel, I think they use their resources wisely. HPAs are going to be way more fun to kill than ratling gunners

Yeah, I don't mind. And we do get rat ogre mounts for lords :toot:

edit: though yeah leaving out verminlords does seem odd

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Blood dragons are the lamest tryhardest of undead, let's throw them on the Age of Sigmar pretend-they-don't-exist pile with demigryphs and stormfiends

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Sassassin is always wrong about everything but calling someone a bitch IS inherently misogynistic and excusing it with "it's very common" is stupid

peer
Jan 17, 2004

It's a few pages back by now but someone discovered he'd liked a bunch of nazi videos on youtube or nazi music on spotify or some poo poo.

edit: beaten

peer fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 3, 2017

peer
Jan 17, 2004

You can buy the DLC and just play as trees while still murdering elves

peer
Jan 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i mean fantasy is waaaaay less fash than 40k

But has far greater overlap with historical wargaming fans, which are probably 75% nazis

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Well I mean they just straight up used "cathay" and "nippon" rather than change anything at all

edit: BUT there's also "albion" where it rains every day so it's not only the far east of the warhammer world that's supremely low-effort

peer fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 10, 2017

peer
Jan 17, 2004

All new models are worse than their older versions because GW has had an obsessive drive to make their miniatures look more "epic", "awesome" and "badass", which hardly ever works out.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

edit: maybe I'm wrong

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Panfilo posted:

It's really bizarre how much some of these grognards prefer the older historical games to this one, given that the older ones had much less unit variety across all factions.

It's harder to point to a sentient tree-monster or an orc riding a boar and say "these are my ancestors and I would still be this badass today if it wasn't for feminism/immigration"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

unwantedplatypus posted:

Durthu is my granddad and I dare you to prove otherwise

• Locked thread