Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icantfindaname posted:

Today's 538 podcast involves Nate Silver really seriously, unfunnily, darkly saying that the radical left twitter mockery of centrists is fundamentally racist/sexist, and a bad idea. No mention of corncobs, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's referencing

Nate silver retire you hack fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried no man's sky for an hour and it seems okay but lately I've been playing a lot of IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban and shooting Nazis. I wasted like ten minutes in a bomber circling around making passes on a train shooting at me with machine guns

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
c-spam gunpla group build challenge would be fun

my gunpla and chill shirt just showed up in the mail, and I still need to finish my patlabor kit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo, what should we do? Ball Gundam? Zakus? Something not too pricey/hard to get

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think you'd want a simpler design that people could do different stuff with, like a GM or a Hi-Mock or something.

Or an (ed) Ball(s) but honestly the HG Ball kit kinda sucks.

yeah I guess the Ball is a bad start. we could all do a basic Zaku and encourage people to be creative painting them and what not?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

if we do anything i'd hope it can be in december cause i can't afford any new models till then

winter c-spam gouf troop would be rad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like less than 10 bucks on some various gunpla sites, too. Mad doable https://www.cambridgelsat.com/bookstore/bandai-hobby-hgbf-1-144-hi-mock-model-kit/B00P5R148U/

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Aug 20, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hi mock indeed, puny attempts to mold robots into the shape of a human without thinking how the robot will shape you :smugdog:

the pastime of building miniature versions of massive, impractical weapons of war is a psychological catharsis where the worker who is alienated from the product of their labor imagines constructing the tools of their liberation - massive and impractical, as is any attempt to overthrow the capitalist nation-state's illegitimate citizens

as the forces of capital have divided our local communities into disenfranchised individuals, a group build is the communal effort to reconnect with our primal desires of realizing a greater future (i.e. one where humanity can construct massive titans of steel and circuitry)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

u should make this:

that robot doesn't give a gently caress about looking like any organic life form

that robot succ

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm excited for the C-SPAM Hi-Mock Challenge. Should it be organized with a deadline and a separate thread and so on?

Yeah! I started drafting a post, I was thinking of starting it at the beginning of September and we all try to finish it by the end of the month?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was looking at the miniature thread, they did a month too. But it was an established thing, every month they did a model. Plus everybody in there is already at least somewhat dedicated and experienced modeler. I think the C-SPAM challenge should last a bit longer, like September and October?

That would be good! We'll call it the October Gunpla Revolution

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punchymcpunch posted:

how hard is it to paint a gundam if youve never done it?

e : see post above me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

therell be like 8 antifa mechs 2 trumpbots and a corndroid when we do this

all part of the plan

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this dog is just as bad as the nazis!!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

New Star Citizen demo looking good.

you joke but I watched their Gamescom demo live and h o l y s h I t what a trainwreck

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a Surface Pro tablet with an 8BitDo controller and have been turning it into a retroarch machine, so I can go through all the classics when I'm traveling across China and Japan later this year

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all of babylon 5 is on the internet for free: https://www.go90.com/videos/9dcpZWjg5E4

it is the c-spam of space political drama

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

day crew: weak, flamboyant, looking down on the good people of the galaxy

nite crew: strong, civilized, well dressed, plotting to overthrow the tyrants for the freedom of all

E: also this

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Sep 15, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mother! is a really good CSPAM! movie, go into it blind

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jehuty on pc means metal gear legacy collection pc is near

our salvation is near

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is the funniest story i've ever heard of the navy trying to crack down on sodomy and I nearly died laughing

https://soundcloud.com/the-dollop/56-newport-sex-scandal-1

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Star Citizen subforum in Games rebranded to a general crowdfunding pisstake forum, if any of you want your late stage capitalism fix: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=212

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so jealous that seems rad as hell

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-phPaAF5h4

i hope everyone is excited for the return of all american hero kurt angle tonight at WWE Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, starting at 8PM EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any other C-Spammers playing Destiny 2 on PC? I'm crawling through the campaign and might do it again as I hosed up and picked the wrong starting class.

• Locked thread