Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Betheftda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Everything after "gently caress" is extraneous.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Does that rely on a script extender? If it does, that is unusable on consoles.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

In what game has there ever been a 50k poly gun mesh?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

7seven7 posted:

Cheers, but I was running 0.1.14 when I got the notification. Is there a "Disable updates for this game" option in Steam? It'd be real handy if this is going to be an issue in the future.

There used to be one, but that option was removed completely.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rasmussen posted:

Should have said it was a furry game.

God I hope it spawns as much drama as that furry VN on Steam.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Colon Semicolon posted:

Isn't it Major/Minor? I know that one's causing tons of poo poo because the devs decided to release a totally new iteration and make people pay full price again or something. I doubt anything can be as big of a fuckup as that.

Yea, it's that. From the dev literally writing their self-insert (the character EVEN HAS THE SAME NAME) as the most awesome and well-loved and famous person on the planet, all but four characters being people's actual OCs/fursonas, insulting and inciting attacks against people leaving negative reviews, getting reviews marked as "pre-release" through loving with the release date settings, restricting the Steam forum to only owners of the game and banning negative reviewers from posting, and now this same-price ~Definitive Edition Early Access Version~, it's a beautiful masterpiece of drama.

I checked up on it, since I was linked to it months ago as a joke and suddenly remembered it existed, then I saw the reviews and the drama catalogued within their comments sections and holy poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

putting them all in Data like NMM

NMM has functioned like MO since September of last year, actually. The switchover came at the cost of completely destroying a ton of people' s mod setups, for EVERY game that they had NMM manage, because finishing the update process forced uninstalls, redownloads, and reinstalls of every mod. :suicide:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They could have even just looked at A Tale of Two Wastelands, and seen how to go about things in a way that Bethesda is mostly ok with.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Almost thought that was The Mask.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Is there a mod that lets you customize your companions armor and gear. I forget if there was one in the vanilla game. I didn't see an option for it, but maybe it depends on what you give them.

You can change everyone's equipment except for Nick's clothes, and Strong can only wear "Super Mutant X" armor. Just talk to them and choose trade. When tabbed over to their inventory, you just press the equip button and they'll use it.

They need to carry actual ammo for non-default guns, and you have to take stuff back to add mods to it, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

This isn't really a big one, but are there any mods that improve melee and make it more viable in the long term?

This mod rebalances most of the weapons in the game.

quote:

Melee weapons in general
- Some modifications (especially adding blades to blunt weapon) have a more pronounced effect.
- Also, some modification made more powerful at the cost of additional perk requirements.
For instance, knuckles with long blades require Blacksmith 3, but now they are a pretty deadly weapon, which makes them viable later in a game.

And this mod improves the Shishkabob, which the above mod does not touch..

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nevets posted:

I think corpse despawning is normally tied to cell resets.

Except for those apparently permanent dog and raider corpses right across Sanctuary's bridge. 3 days of real time, weeks spent roaming south of diamond City, and they're still there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Just install a mod that re-enables cheevos, duder.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

axes are a thing fallout...

The bladed tire iron is basically just an axe.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

fish fingers posted:

I have, didn't have any issues with it. Just spoke to the bloke and the quest was done

Kill all raiders and take Nisha's middle school cool mask.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vasudus posted:

I just use AWKCR because it's largely required for a bunch of other mods. I stopped using AE this install cycle because it mucked with so many records and I didn't use anything it offered anyway. Never ran weaponsmith extended though.

I found some instructions somewhere about removing AE dependencies from mods.

Can't remember where it was, but the gist was making an empty esp named Armorsmith Extended, loading the mod you want to edit in FO4edit (or whatever the name is now) removing everything connected to AE, then removing AE as a master.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I've seen this before, but when has that actually been a thing? Everything since Morrowind has gotten at least a year of patches and/or DLC, and even original-release Skyrim got 2 years of them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I haven't updated in months and I can still see the CC messages change when something new is added to it, like the message about Fallout76's release. The patches haven't been purely about the CC since the CC first launched, people just want to whine about the script extender needing to be updated.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 6, 2018

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

isndl posted:

Using mods from the workshop is absolutely asking for trouble. Mods update randomly and sometimes break as a result, modders sometimes throw a fit and delist their mods, and there's zero tools for conflict resolution so sometimes your mods simply can't work due to overwrites.

Or do things like sneak in a retexture of clothing to take a swing at someone who made a negative comment. This happened on the Skyrim workshop when it was first implemented, and since the workshop auto-update every mod you are "subscribed" (you could only install workshop mods by subscribing to them, but could immediately unsubscribe after it installed) to and makes previous versions unavailable, everyone who had it got to experience a manchild's temper tantrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

no clue on vortex. i think the person that originally did MO2 is designing it? and for awhile it was worse than other options? but now its good?

He is, and also decided that you should no longer be allowed to easily change your load order by drag-drop (despite that being the incredibly simple norm from the very beginning), and instead write a giant list of "load rules" for every mod you install.