Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

but what if the nexus finds out? Then they'll double hide their mods! :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

OP suggestion, we might as well include the links to both Fallout 4 threads as well as the New Vegas/New Vegas modding threads.

I also cannot understate how awesome the CROSS Jetpack is. This rarely not creepy/annoying Fallout 4 mod demo video shows it off back it was just in beta.

The jetpack owns. I got bored of power armor fairly early on, but still being able to jet pack up onto building roofs and stuff is great. Now if only VATS worked mid-air :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Raygereio posted:

If it's your very first time playing FO4, then none. Go play the game for at least few hours, until you have good idea of what sort of stuff you'd want to add/change/remove.

If you get into building settlements, Place Everywhere is practically required if you want to make cool stuff. :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nevets posted:

To this I'd add Infinite settlement budgets Snappable junk fences Don't call me settler for stuff that should be in the vanilla game. Don't call me settler has a bunch of options / tools you can ignore, I use it mostly for the auto renaming and deleting old corpses.

Yeah, Don't Call Me Settler is also really good. The ability to auto-assign settlers is a godsend.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

So, in the case of "stolen" mods (a concept I still find dubious, considering Bethesda 100% owns any mod created for their games, end of story,) that are put up for the xbox, doesn't that mean that the modder could just... put them up themselves? Meaning that the only reason they don't is some childish disdain towards console users and/or bethesda? I mean, if they don't want to properly support an xbox release they could just put it up as is and say that, "hey, I'm not going to fix any issues that might pop up for this version, but here it is."

I feel like even if someone offered to port the mod over and make it properly console friendly, giving full credit to the original modder, they'd still refuse, which is ridiculous.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Talkie Toaster posted:

The fact they've setup at DMCA takedown notice for pirated mods suggests they believe there's a legal aspect to it. Nobody wants a lawsuit kicking off.

Plus pissing off modders is bad for their strategy of 'use mods as a selling point'- people may stop making them. Sure, getting a mod pirated is largely inconsequential, but still, there's plenty of other hobbies you can have where you don't have to deal with these annoyances. Why force yourself to ignore them when you could just do something else for fun?

as long as there are nexus users to endlessly fellate them they'll never stop modding. Even the modders who take their mods down in protest against big mean ol' bethesda will throw them back up when they start to miss having praise heaped upon them by mindless internet strangers

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the power armor one is real bad because there's already an effect in the game that makes a gun do 25% more damage, all the time

Kimsemus posted:

> Kill a Legendary Super Mutant Behemoth

>Rewarded with pipe shotgun that does 20% more damage to robots whilst standing still

cooooooooooool :thumbsup:

here you go my friend

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is there a mod than makes the Institute Pistol/Rifle not incredibly gigantic takes up half my screen?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3999/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Are there any mods that remove the UI prompt for the intimidate perks? It's really annoying to have that box crosshair pop up whenever I aim at something and it makes me regret taking those perks in the first place.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Is the new DLC worth getting? people seem to be dunking on it pretty hard and I hardly have a use for assembly lines.

Any ETA when FO4Edit is going to have full support as well?

Do you like building dumb settlement stuff even if it has barely any/no practical application? It's good if you choose to embrace the autistic minecraft child that dwells within us all

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

oh my god I was wondering if the mortar worked on living things

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

welp I wanted to spend more time building useless conveyor belts but the game updated and F4SE isn't compatible yet :(

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Mosnar posted:

Opt out of betas and you should be fine ...

the update is live now, apparently

also steam has the bad habit of downloading updates even when I've opted out of everything? It's dumb.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Have you tried the recycler?
For me, junk items are fed in but are not broken down into components. They just slowly trickle out and large items will jam up the works.

It works fine for me. Looks like there's something buggy that's weirdly only making it not work for some people but not others.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I wish it didn't do anything at all so I didn't have the name of a pompous homophobic shitlord come up every time I launch the game

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Rename it Bovine University.

that would imply it's just for brahmin!

:unsmigghh:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it increases the settlement building budget.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Whirly, your tiny vertibird buddy http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13449/

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I just cringe thinking about what a performance hit all those individual pieces would cause. My bigass over-built factory already drops my framerate a decent amount, I can't imagine how bad it would be if every wall had insulation, individually placed frames, etc.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

jadebullet posted:

So the Raiders and supermutants redux mods are currently hidden on Nexus because "afraid someone will steal my mod." Does anyone know of a way to get them?

wait a few days until they put it back up, which they probably will

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know if anyone has created a mod that adds a British Redcoat military uniform yet?

I don't know, but you can get a variety of lovingly crafted, high-res Nazi SS uniforms if you want! :unsmigghh:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Reb posted:

EDIT: Never mind, they are both back up.

what'd I tell ya guys, you'll only have to wait a few days if a nexus modder takes something down in protest.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

:allears:

and by that I mean gently caress yooooooooooou (to the nexus guys not anyone in this thread)

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Scavver mod looks neat, hope they can fix that problem where he loots everything from your workbench.

Segmentation Fault posted:

I don't think it's fair for mods to get uploaded to bethesda.net without the original author's consent (or at least proper credit given to the author). The PC Master Race bullshit is just that, but content creators need to have control over attribution and distribution of their content. It doesn't matter if it's a movie, a song, a game, a video, or a mod. Content scalpers are awful, and when you deny authors the right to control the distribution of their work, you end up with bullshit like vines getting uploaded to youtube getting uploaded to instagram getting uploaded to facebook, with millions of watermarks and the original author's identity removed. How many videos have you seen on Instagram or Facebook of poo poo you already saw on Youtube or Vine, but with the creator's identity removed and the scalper's identity plastered on top? That poo poo's totally unfair to the creators, and it's happened before.

Acting as if the nexus/bethesa.net situation stuff is just drama is ignoring actual plagiarism.

the mod author can get the stolen mod taken down, so who cares

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

If someone makes a texture or a model for a mod wouldn't they own that texture or model. If someone records voice acting for a mod wouldn't they own that. It's more complex than just Bethesda can do whatever.

no

quote:

(a) All Customized Game Materials created by you are exclusively owned by LICENSOR and/or its licensors (as the case may be) and you hereby transfer, assign and convey to LICENSOR all right, title and interest in and to the Customized Game Materials and LICENSOR and its permitted licensors may use any Customized Game Materials made publicly available to you for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to for purposes of advertising and promoting the Software;

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Noirex posted:

SuperMutantWorkShop - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15160/ SuperMutantClothes - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13185/

Every mod this guy does is an instant download. What is it about the Japanese modders and their well made yet crazy mods?

a good mod.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, it's like Topsy-Turvy Town when it comes to Bethgame mods, where it's the Westerners making waifu mods and the Japanese making the good stuff.

if Skyrim is any indication Japan produces plenty of waifu mods, it's just that a lot of japanese mods actually aren't hosted on the Nexus.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

not the games fault my man

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Reb posted:

Jesus loving Christ, you weren't kidding about that scope. If that could be fixed in someway, then it would be totally usable. I mean, that is a shitload of screen space it takes up: http://imgur.com/LE2EFoN

couldn't be worse than the default institute weapo- MY GOD

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

More good news for you: Talkie Toaster has already made a robot crafting mod for FO4 (although he insists it's not Certified, and that will come later). Robot Home Defence

I plopped two sentry bots down in one of my settlements with this and continued building, and then, inexplicably, they both spontaneously exploded and took out all my crops and turrets

not really sure what went on there, but since then I've limited myself to protectrons.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe this comes from Better Settlers but I got attacked by Deathclaw at Sunshine and one of my farmers was killed and had a synth component on her.

that's something in the default game. Any settler (and even brahmin!) have the chance to be a synth, a lot the time this has no real effect other than that they have a synth component on their body. If you're hostile to the institute there's also the chance that a settler could be a synth infiltrator. Those will eventually become hostile and open fire on your other settlers.

Fun fact: Sturges is a synth! :eng101:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

mpyro posted:

That would explain why the game crashed a lot.

Would WotC also cause the game to freeze up for a few seconds every once in a while, while things loaded or is it from everything on ultra?

the freezes are from it deciding whether or not to suddenly spawn a mutant suicider directly on top of you

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what are some good armor mods that actually require CBBE

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

WotC is fun for about an hour or two but it quickly becomes really, really tiresome. It's just a mess of enemies thrown all over the place with no rhyme or reason (why are there exploding molerats EVERYWHERE?) and the way it'll spawn them right in front of you is stupid. Add the performance issues it can cause and the terrible, terrible menus and it's just a really poo poo mod.

edit: basically the only reason people use it is because it's really the only mod of it's type available, unfortunately.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Super Mutant Settlers is good

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

this adds that functionality.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

pmchem posted:

I wonder if he would've been hired by Bethsoft years ago if not for seeming like he'd be a nightmare to work with.

has any modder ever actually gotten a job via their mods? I would think that to be hired one would need, y'know, qualifications beyond "I changed this thing in your videogame"

like seriously why on earth would they ever consider hiring Arthmoor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I should have specified that I meant in regards to Bethesda and their games, not necessarily all mods across all games ever :v: