Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The GECK is out! (via Bethesda's new launcher)

Links
Fallout 4 Console Commands

Mod Organizers
Mod Organizer 2 (MO)
Preferred 'round these parts
Nexus Mod Mananger
Hot garbage

Tools
Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)
Used by a few mods for extended scripting features, most notably Place Everywhere.
FO4Edit
FO4Edit is a simple and effective .esp editor, especially useful for fixing levelled-list conflicts (with weapon mods generally):

Tweaks
Fallout 4 Configuration Tool
Set lots of options about the game. Annoyingly sets all your .ini files to read-only every time you save and exit.

INI's are located in "My Documents\My Games\Fallout4\" ie. C:\Users\[NAME]\My Documents\My Games\Fallout4\
Load order files are in "C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\Fallout4" You can get to this folder easily by pressing Windows+R (run) and typing %localappdata%

A Note on .ini's:
There are now three files: Fallout4Custom.ini, Fallout4Prefs.ini and Fallout4.ini
From my understanding Fallout4.ini loads first, then Fallout4Prefs.ini is applied for generic settings like video settings, and finally Fallout4Custom.ini is applied for custom user settings.
This means that Fallout4Custom.ini should be the only .ini you need to edit (although Fallout4Prefs probably works just as well)

Disable mouse acceleration:
In the [Controls] section add/change this line:
bMouseAcceleration=0
*Make fMouseHeadingYScale 2 times the amount of fMouseHeadingXScale if you want to remove mouse input Y-scaling*

Change FOV from 70:
[Display]
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90

Turn off character glow: *this has the same effect as ENB's default "DisableFakeLights=true" setting*
[General]
sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off

Maximize decals:
[Display]
fDecalLifetime=600.0000
fDecalLOD0=7000.0000 ;long distance bullet holes
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=500 ;vanilla 250

[Decals]
uMaxDecals=1000 ;vanilla 500

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lcJW4O7g9w&t=464s
This video shows updates to Ambient Occlusion and Indirect Lighting from the May 23rd 2016 update of ENB.
ENB
ENB is less necessary than it was for Skyrim, but this program will still add tweaks and fixes to Fallout 4's rendering system.
Reshade
If you want to change the visual look of the game, search on the nexus for a reshade preset.
Reshade is a generic program that intercepts Direct3d calls to alter the renderer.
*ENB and ReShade work fine together*

Shadow Boost
The author of ENB noticed that shadow rendering was the biggest hitch in the rendering pipeline, so this mod was offshot from ENB.
There are a few settings in ShadowBoost.ini that will adjust shadows if your fps falls below a certain number.
ENBoost
This is simply an .ini for ENB to use, presumably so systems with more RAM/VRAM can force to game to use larger memory pools, ideally to avoid HDD/SDD bottlenecking performance.

Weapon Balance Overhaul
Makes pipeweapons more useful later on, balances all weapons away from the combat rifle being the most useful. Increased power of uniques.
More Realistic Stealth and Sneaking
I increased stealth durations for a more realistic feel. You need to use this and tell your friends on the nexus how cool it is.
We are the Minutemen
Minutemen overhaul so you might actually use that flaregun.

Vivid Fallout
Replaces many textures with versions that are improved, or have their resolution lowered while retaining quality.
Grasslands
"Unhealthy" version adds some nice subtle grass color to the wasteland .
True Storms or Vivid Weathers
Very nice weather mods.
Natural and Atmospheric Commonwealth (NAC)
A natural-looking atmosphere overhaul that is not compatible with but includes many features of Darker Nights, True Storms, Vivid Weathers, Fr4nnson's Light Tweaks, Enhanced Lights and FX, and Fog Out.
Darker Nights
Dont forget the True Storms patch.
Enhanced Color Correction
Changes game variables for a better color balance (no ENB/ReShade required)
Light Tweaks
Reverb and Ambience Overhaul
Turn down 'ambient volume' and 'reverb' sliders in audio menu for a less intense effect (these settings sometimes have problems saving)

Better Skylanes Flight 1981 Crash Site
Improved unique crash site location.
Believable Drumlin Diner
Get version 1.0 for a lite experience.
Better Quarry Sites
Improved Quarry textures.
Rebuilt Jamaica Plain
Rebuilds the broken buildings. Nice but adds too much lag to the area.
Better UFO Crash Site
No Fog inside the Institute
I haven't even been there but gently caress fog!
Faction Housing Overhaul
Player faction reward housing overhaul.
Unique Uniques
New textures for uniques and detachable unique mods.

More Where That Came From
"Adds 111 new lore-friendly, thematically appropriate songs to Diamond City Radio" (also adds 'filler' files other mods can use to insert their own tracks)
Elvani's Track Pack for Diamond City Radio
Adds more tracks to Diamond City Radio, designed to work with More Where that Came From.
Existence 2.0
An attempt to add a lore-friendly radio station hosted by a drat robot

Character
These will only appear in character creation, and won't be applied to NPCs:
Lots More Male Hairstyles
Lots More Female Hairstyles
Lots More Facial Hair
Ponytail Hairstyles
Eyes of Beauty
Replacers: (will appear on every character)
Appealing Moles

Misc
Enhanced Blood
Ammo Retexture
Adds more realistic and higher definition ammo boxes.
Chem Redux
Better looking chems. Recommended no-glow version.
Fallout 4 HD Reworked
HD versions of some annoyingly low-quality textures.

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)
Serves as a base for many mods. You just need it.
Armorsmith Extended
Adds functionality to armorsmithing and serves as a base for many mods.
CROSS Pre-war Cybernetics
CROSS has a series of mods worth checking out especially if you like crafting.

Atomic Surgery
Prettier companions.
Great Actors
Prettier companions and NPCs.
Everyone's Best Friend
Make Dogmeat not count as a companion.

Raider Overhaul
Adds custom textures, equipment and raider types.
Super Mutant Redux
More super mutant types.
Legendary Helmets
Makes it so helmets can spawn with legendary effects.
Levelled Spawns
"Adds over 260 thought-out spawning points."
More Spawns
Adds 'thousands' of new spawns.
War of the Commonwealth
Adds an intense enemy spawning system that tends to spawn too many enemies which can cause crashes. The options system is terrible!
NPCs Travel
A mod that adds scripted NPC travellers. Spawning at the edge of the player's radius, they add dynamic life and skirmishes to the wasteland. Gunshots in the distance are often travellers that cross and fight.
Sexy Hancock
Make Hancock more memorable looking. And drat sexy.

Extended Dialogue Interface
Replaces "Full Dialogue Interface." Custom and improved dialogue interface, which retrieves dialogue strings automatically.
DEF UI
A UI maximized for higher resolutions and probably the best overall UI
Valacil's Item Sorting
The new standard if you are looking for item sorting.
Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI
Requires DEF UI and Val's item sorting, adds icons next to item names in inventory.

*Install Def_UI+Val+ICONLIBS2 for icons in inventory*

Settlement Keywords Expanded
Standardized settlement keywords
Better Settlers
Run a holotape to adjust settler options including mortality.*Get the optional patch and required mods to add more clothes to settlers*
Settler Management Software
Run the holotape at a terminal to list and adjust settler roles.
Immersive Vendors
Better looking vendors.
Quiter Settlements
Less dumb noise in settlements.
Longer Power Lines
FFS
Stairs Ladders Ramps
Simple and effective
Dialogue Settler Fix
Makes settlers less likely to say something stupid
Spring Cleaning or Scrap Everything
Scrap almost everything in settlements. Apparently the 'cell reset/sprint bug' has been officially patched.
Homemaker
Another thorough building system.
Stackable Concrete Foundations
Functional Displays
Adds some great displays with snap points.
Invisible Furniture
Add placeable markers for settlers to perform different actions.
Place Everywhere
Put stuff wherever you want, comes with hotkeys to help placement. Requires F4SE.
Snappable Junk Fences
Fix the gaps between junk pieces.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 11, 2020

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Power Armor Fast Exit and Enter
Increase speed of enter/exit power armor animations.

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
Made by the long-time official unofficial modding team.
Mo Betta Scrap
Changes junk to be more reasonable and have ingredients you would expect.
Realistic Ragdoll Force
Makes ragdolls more realistic.
Ragdoll Collision
Dead bodies collide and can pile up. Also makes the character collide with bodies.
Shell Rain
Adjusts shell limits and durations so you can sperg out over the ruins of battle.
Pipboy Shadows
Changes the pipboy light type to cast shadows. Looks pretty cool but is actually dependant on what direction your pipboy is facing and is sometimes easily occluded.
Shorter NPC Greeting Distance
You flatter yourself, NPC.
Faster Terminals
Like anyone has ever seen a computer actually print out characters that slow.
Button Lowered Weapons
Kind of annoying to use
Auto Lowered Weapons
Use this or the other one, this works well but there is no way to keep your weapon up without aiming.
Sleep or Save (SOS)
For survival, choose to save on a bed instead of having to sleep.
Prewar Safes
Pipeweapons in prewar safes? I don't think so mister, perhaps you haven't considered my immersion.
Carry Weight Tweaks
Better carry weight settings
Craftable Weapons Armor Clothing Ammo Junk
Craft many more items for do-it-yourselfers
Easy Lockpicking
If you're tired of the minigame after it being in every Bethesda game

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 11, 2020

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
~

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 3, 2020

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
together we can make the biggest OP in history

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 10, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Rasmussen posted:

I really like wotc but it makes my game stutter a fair bit with all the extra NPCs spawning.

On the other hand it inspired me to do a heavy weapon build because of how many dudes can spawn in groups. They blow up real nice.
Yes I wanted to like this mod, but I simply cannot be adding mods that add crashes, or I will go crazy.

A mod like Levelled Spawns on the other hand, is harmless to add as it adds some well-thought-out-spawn without using an bloated scripting system that spawns too many enemies.

Does anyone have any experience with More Spawns?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Azhais posted:

edit: Also, on the topic of general mods, if you're going to recommend snap and build and Homemaker (which as of Monday at least completely overwrites the menus such that you can't access anything added in far harbor)
I havent tried snap n build and homemaker, I was going thru the old links. This is why I was afraid to add mods I havent used, but bug reports are good. Is snap n build funky too?

Meant to add Settlement keywords in the last edit, thanks

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Will go over more mods and give the Weapons section a good go next time I update the OP

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Everyone should try the latest ENB, the Ambient Occlusion looks better than the game's version in most cases, and is a lot cheaper to proccess. Turn AO off in your FO4 launcher then update ENB and shift+tab and turn on SSAO under "Effect"

http://enbdev.com/mod_fallout4_v0307.htm

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 10, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Weapons mods are up in the first post! Or is it the 5th post? Get your rear end to the first page for the new weapons section!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

What if you could buy or craft several different levels of temporary one use autohack holotapes to do the job for you? just slam those tapes into the computers and let them do the work.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15033/ :cool:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh this is OP levels of pretty drat good, Saint Sputnik could you possibly add this to the perk revamp as well?
Ya I added it in my game, but haven't used it yet. I try to test most mods before I put em in the OP, so I will just continue going through mods and adding them at this point. I also think there will be a better version of this mod at some point, personally I think you should pick up hacking holotapes that you can use to hack terminals, but I don't think all terminals allow you to put in holotapes. Not to mention there's probably a way to replace the hacking minigame with a .swf and just make a better one.

edit: I tried Hacking 101 and it's confirmed pretty great, you craft the auto-hacks from some electronics parts then press R on the computer and it makes a little hacking noise before unlocking

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 16, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I updated Def_UI then added Val's sorting and ICONLIBS and it works great. But somewhere along the line my HUD status icons (thirst, hunger, sleep, etc) disappeared. Anyone have any idea why this could happen?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Gonkish posted:

The 1.3.0 update is hosed up and seems to be for a wide range of resolutions and aspect ratios. The guy who updates it is aware but I don't know what he's doing about it, aside from reacting to the stupid poo poo storm of nexus retards spamming the comments by becoming one with the poop.

Thanks, was able to restore functionality by using files I still had in the recycle bin.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is there any mod that will stop all the settlers in Sanctuary Hills from obsessively milling around the area where the workbench is? They have beds and jobs and stuff but when they aren't farming they just wanna bash their heads against the city wall near where the workbench is all night.

Some of the programming surrounding the settlers is unforgivable, and I haven't seen mods to fix this behavior yet. If you use Better Settlers, there is an option to make settlers mortal (which they should have been off the bat but the AI is too stupid). I like to make it so they can die because finding their corpses and trying to figure out what happened is pretty funny and, let's be honest, they are disposable.

However the thoughtful group at Bethesda made a settlement with a highly radioactive pool of water in the middle, and a spawnpoint for settlers that is right next to the highly radioactive water. This wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't only ONE point for settlers to spawn at, or there was some sort of system that moved them to things before you wake-up/fast travel to the location. But nope, they all spawn in one retard ball and then stand there, save for 1 or 2 wandering off, getting radiated and dying. They literally all spawn in one place and then don't react to the damage at all and die. Like c'mon, there are people being paid to design this poo poo?

Anyway, the pile of bodies is still pretty funny.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Segmentation Fault posted:

You can scrap the car and the barrels to remove the radiation.
holy poo poo!!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
oops

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
i quoted the first post instead of edit it twice im going to go j/o instead

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Nah, I imagine ENBoost for FO4 was created because the engine is similar enough (to Skyrim's) that it's an easy hack to recreate. I'm pretty technically proficient, but I can still only barely make out the description page; as far as I can tell there are only one setting in ENBoost that does anything:

VideoMemorySizeMb- A setting that hardcodes (into memory) a number that is a bizzare combination of VRAM + system RAM, for instance 16GB RAM users should set it to 10,000 but this still doesn't take into account VRAM size. The purpose of this hack is almost entirely to prevent pagefile usage so that HDD (or SSD too) speeds don't bottleneck performance. However, setting this value too high for your system will almost certainly create its own problems.

The other settings don't seem to do much:

DisableFakeLights - Probably a nice small performance fix that disables some lights on characters. Maybe the same as "cl off" ini setting?
ApplyStabilityPatch - Goes back to Skyrim days, probably does not affect much if anything any more, author admits "is almost useless for some users"
ForceVSync - Works different than the vsync that comes with the game apparently
EnableFPSLimit - Like vsync, already in the game settings.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ya well ENB itself is pretty great and now I can't even look at the vanilla game without sperging out about ambient occlusion

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Holybat posted:

I've been using Shadow Boost to try to get an OK framerate in Boston proper. One thing that's been driving me crazy though is that the game doesn't render shadows at close range until I'm right on top of them, and this is even in zones that my PC can normally handle fine. Does the game just not render shadows until you're right on top of them? And I mean more specifically shadows for things like tree branches?
If you use shadowsboost, then if your framerate drops below fTargetFramerate (in the shadowboost.ini), it will continue to lower the shadow render distance until your framerate is above that limit. You can try pushing out the minimum shadow distance by increasing fShadowDrawDistMin.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Works well with this mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15648/

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
a

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Jon Do posted:

I'm curious from the modders; is that stuff just not possible/accessible? People are into settlement stuff and "there's no reason to do it" was a super common complaint, so I'm afraid there's just some sort of limitation.
More thorough settlement management and settler attributes are something I hope comes with the Vault-Tec DLC ("perform experiments on your dwellers"), especially since the settlement functionality still seems unfinished. So we will still have to wait to see what Bethesda does with the last 2 DLC; after that I imagine someone will come out with a settler overhaul or whatnot.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Man, the guy who does Weaponsmith Extended or whatever Gambit does is really determined to push that annoying a million different types of ammo and super ammo you can change on the fly mod on people. His response to people making the understandible complaint of 'why for the love of god did you change the 10MM pistol ammo I cannot find bullets at the start' with 'I can't do anything use console lol'.
I think everyone should just get in the habit of downloading all the guns they want and fixing the levelled lists, only because the alternatives are thin. I thought about attempting to write a FO4Edit script that automatically patches all your levelled lists and spits out a patch, but I've never used Pascal or whatever the gently caress it is. Seems pretty feasible if someone knew what they were doing, but I guess no one does. I don't even know why the behavior in the engine is to overwrite levelled lists, if you open them in FO4Edit, you can tell they are all supposed to be loaded, but for whatever reason they behavior is to only accept the last one. This is another thing I thought would have been "fixed" by now, I expect soon something will come along to merge levelled lists (Wrye Bash saves the day maybe), or someone will hack the functionality.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Entropic posted:

:stare:

I don't think I'm quite up to the level of roleplaying where I want to make sure my walls have internal insulation and proper studding that I'll never see.
It's a cool mod, but your game is gonna be rendering all those studs and bits of insulation behind the walls.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Modders afraid of their mod being stolen, so they remove it from the nexus, forcing it to be hosted somewhere else.

Dunno if dropbox will support files this big but here is the mutant one and ill add the other in a lil bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qsfrx4mieblesq/Super%20Mutant%20Redux%20v1.0.7z?dl=0

Raider overhual (500+mb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1epwzj7qzvahqqd/Raider%20Overhaul%209_3.7z?dl=0

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 29, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Smol posted:

Nope. Why isn't stuff from that list in the OP though? I tried looking at the Armor/Clothing section there, it had like three mods.
Hey, I'm not sure there are actually any good ones, but the clothing/armor section is definitely the last unfinished part of the OP, after that I'll going through my load order once more and take any suggestions for mods to go in the OP. I tried to keep them all general interest, quality-assured, and for things that people might not think to search for. Like if you are looking for CBBE, stuff you just type CBBE into the nexus so I wouldnt bother. I used to also be pretty careful with mods that were buggy, but now that the CK is out and the cell-reset bug is apparently fixed, mods are generally bug free.

Azhais posted:

What does it even fix? I've got hundreds of hours in this game and I installed it for my last couple runs and can't say i noticed any changes. Every bug I hit previously that I was hoping it fixed still happened. Doesn't seem like a great loss, especially since his patch includes all sorts of "I just didn't like this" type changes iirc
The unofficial patch will just fix a bunch of tiny things like clipping errors or landscape holes, and it's made by a bunch of smart people who made the unofficial patches in the old games. Don't think it can ever hurt to install it besides some compatability with other mods.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Brainamp posted:

So I'm running into the problem of like half my mods just not working even after being installed correctly. Anything involving power armor, like fusion core drain and the fast enter/exit animations, and the settlement workshop crap, like homemaker and scrap everything. Have these mods just not been updated for the latest patch or something?
All this stuff should work, the power armor animations are simple replacers (replaces a couple animation files) so it seems like your 'enable modding' might not be set (the Fallout4Custom.ini setting):

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

since the files seem to not be taking precedence over the vanilla files? Or MO sounds kinda messed up

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I think the FOV setting is correct (Pipboy FOV vs game FOV), best to put those lines into Fallout4Custom.ini because they might be overwritten if you hard-edit Fallout4.ini.

These are the full set of decal settings:

[Display]
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=125
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=500

[Decals]
uMaxDecals=1000
uMaxSkinDecals=200
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=10

So there are a certain number of skin decals that can be drawn (125 per frame vs 200 max), and that total per frame is a subset of the max decals per frame (500). I changed some of these settings myself, but tried to double the numbers instead of messing with them too much. I might have set the max per actor to 10 and increased the total MaxSkinDecals, so it would max out at 20 characters with 10 blood splatters each (as opposed to 5 characters with 40 decals, or whatever the vanilla setting is). I'm sure these numbers can be tweaked better, but the idea was more overall decals. Can probably increase the max per actor, but then should also increase uMaxSkinDecals- thanks for the feedback though.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

pmchem posted:

When modders talk about using xEdit if you want to remove an item from levelled lists, is that the same as FO4Edit? Or what should I be using to take custom weapons out of raider LLs?
Just use FO4Edit, load up the offending mod or your whole load order if you don't know which mod it is. Find and select the leveled list on the left (something like LL_Raider) then delete whatever you want in the right side. Close the app to save changed .esp's

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I don't think you can go wrong using the unofficial patch, there are likely lots of small quality-of-life improvements and a few spergy balance changes. In one way, it's an additional level of quality-assurance that will patch up tiny holes in the map, clipping errors, etc

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Might add a few of them to my post near the OP, don't think the OP itself is ever going to be updated at this rate, I keep finding some gems. I fear though with Skyrim mods needing to be redone the Nexus for Fallout 4 may get a bit more quiet.

Despite consistent sideways comments about the OP never being updated, it will get a large update when I goddamn feel like it. Feel free to keep putting poorly formatted novelty mods in your section

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 31, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

concise posted:

Is the OP up to date enough to select mods from? I'm new to the game and looking for essential vanilla+ types of things.
Hey, I haven't added new mods to the OP in a while, but I'm really careful to only put mods on there that are up-to-date and that I've either tested, or checked out enough that I believe they are quality bug-free mods. Vanilla+ is the kinda of thing I was going for instead of quantity.

Perhaps the only thing to note is that a handful of the weapons have been merged here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16387/

(post script: that is why I got so triggered by SeanBeans [sorry] because I have read every post in this thread and check literally every new mod added to the nexus, download the ones that seem OP-worthy, and test them myself when Fallout-4 mania hits me every few months)

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 7, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

beyonder posted:

I've been plagued with very random CTDs, can happen whenever wherever. Trotting from A to B and pop, going from indoors to outdoors and vice versa etc so I can't pinpoint it. Can anyone spot anything funky or a mod that could cause it in the load order?
Can't say I spot anything particular, personally I run 255+ mods and rarely crash. If you are looking to troubleshoot crashing problems, the process I would use is something like this:

First, try to remember when the crashes started, sort your mods by date, and see if any recent mods seem problematic or just remove recently added mods. Also check the date on mods to see if any are particularly out-of-date and should be updated.
Second, temporarily uninstall any mods that have an effect that is more likely to cause crashes than others. For instance, uninstall True Storms and its patches since they can activate at any time. Mods that to enemy levelled lists are worth checking, and any mods that rely on scripting.
Third, temporarily uninstall huge chunks or your mod list, like 1/4 of your mod list, and go test your game. You can leave on mods that won't cause crashes (like 20x terminal display or hush_dogmeat are in no way going to cause random crashes). If there are still crashes, uninstall more mods, if the crashes have stopped, narrow down the mods you uninstalled to try to figure out which was causing crashes.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kaptain K posted:

I've got 16gb of ram but Fallout 4 just can't seem to load assets very well, even if I sprint in one direction for awhile it'll go into a loading pause or just load the cell with no collision/geometry and other times everything will just have lovely textures. This really shouldn't be happening, should it?
Loading times will be bottlenecked by your storage device, always make sure to put Fallout4 on your SSD boys and girls.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If you want to fix conflicts, use FO4Edit. To show only conflicts, load up your whole load order, and right click on the list and choose 'Apply filter for conflict losers' and this will narrow the list down to mod conflicts. After this, the best practice is to rearrange your mods in order to fix the conflicts that can be fixed that way; then create a new plugin to act as a patch that fixes conflicts using the methods describes in the "how do I merge weapon mod levelled lists?" video from the first post. Basically, you create a new plugin and drag each conflict cell over to the patch plugin, based on which data you think should take precedence. If you don't want to create a patch plugin (which will become reliant on having other .esp's loaded and could make removing mods difficult), you can just [go to conflict losers and] drag over the data to whichever mod is last in the load order, which will hard-modify the plugin. This is a pretty quick and simple fix, but you'll lose these changes if you ever update that mod.

No program is going to be able to intelligently determine mod conflicts, other than glaring problems.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
IMO, those are 2 of the best mods out there and should be in anyone's mod setup

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I've been meaning to update the OP for a while, the last time I tried the nexus was down and I ragequit. I dunno if the big list is kept up to date but maybe Seanbeans can make a new thread with it if he has the energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

turn off the TV posted:

Holy moly, there's a mod that allows you to import and export custom settlements.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22442/
This is awesome, I hope it's the basis for future mods. If anyone ever gets a multiplayer mod working, this seems like a great way to have synchronized settlements.