Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This looks drat cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

el B posted:

Ugh stop trying to cram "the bond" between a pilot and titan down my throat. Gonna skip the campaign for sure now.

Why is this an issue?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What would be bettah?

Do you also hate Terminator 2? I mean, I hope the game goes full-on T2 and you end up teaching your mech a fist-bump or something. I'm glad that they're emphasizing that the Titan is unique and that you guys are symbiotic to your survival. The lone super-soldier with all of the tools at his disposal has been done to death, I'm glad that your greatest tool is also your robo-bro.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait to get up inside Northstar.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

el B posted:

What do you guys think were the most touching and poignant moment(s) from The Transformers movies?

When that annoying gently caress gets glassed towards the beginning of 4, didn't see that poo poo coming. Or Optimus Prime killing Kelsey Grammer.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

He learns the thumbs up, gently caress yeah, GOTY.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AirRaid posted:

BT is a cross between d0g and GladOS.

gently caress yeah.

Seriously, how can you not love this?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the Mountain Dew and Doritos poo poo has an exclusive Warpaint for just the ION Titan, but apparently there's a Target brand camo theme you can apply to anything? :psyduck:

Also gently caress me if I'm not getting both. Time to raid Target.

edit: It also seems like you can unlock the Ronin Titan early, which means that unlocking Titans is back which loving sucks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mountain Dew and Doritos that have stickers on them according to this page.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

IronDoge posted:

BT learning the thumbs up gesture can only lead to one ending:

I want him to remain loyal, but part of me kinda wants the giant "gently caress you" of letting the player get killed to complete the objective.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

runchild posted:

That's what Robo-Davy Crockett is, according to the McFarlane toy.

Why couldn't NECA get the Titanfall license, McFarlane sucks with the complete lack of articulation.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I see people on Facebook with the Titanfall branded Mountain Dew and poo poo but I can't find it locally, anyone have any luck being a sad individual?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

I haven't been able to find any codes, despite looking at Target for those camo codes. Luckily I have bros who gave me enough regular codes to get all the regular unlocks.

What does the Buffalo Wild Wings stuff get you?

Apparently a Wing print for the Titan nose cones.

Just came back from the market, no luck there either. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Seems like it, yeah.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What if you're a stupid gently caress who ordered a physical copy because it comes with a helmet?

:negative:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

pro: helmet
con: helmet

deciding factor: at least you aren't $15,000 deep into Star Citizen

Now that's one rabbit hole I'll never descend. gently caress that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

Same, but what if you decided to get a digital copy too because you're an even bigger idiot and hates money?

:negative:

Heh, I ordered the PS4 Vanguard Edition just for the swag and was going to just eBay the game since I don't have a PS4 and just get the game digitally. Then I called the PS4 order because the PC version got the Vanguard Edition.

The worst part is Amazon hasn't updated the order or even given me a god drat arrival date. I better get it release day god drat it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that he liked it a lot in a stream today, couldn't stop thinking about it in fact, and he's a straight shooter.

Gerstmann's a retard so this is kinda worrisome, isn't he the guy that basically hates video games but loves clickers?

fadam posted:

1060 for recommended specs, jeeeesus.

It's the Source Engine, loving hoooooow?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Everyone getting nervous about the PC specs, read this:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

Why such a janky resolution?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So guess what, the PC Vanguard Edition is cheaper because it comes with the Standard Edition of the game and not the Deluxe Edition, so I ordered it on Origin anyway. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope beating the Campaign and collecting poo poo nets us cool poo poo for MP.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gunder posted:

Someone on Reddit said that completing the campaign gives you absolutely nothing.

God drat it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, it's out if we play pretend via VPN!?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

yep, just have to connect to VPN and launch the game, then you can disconnect and play without 3 second ping

game loving owns btw

I thought it was going to be mid day today at the earliest but drat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I have absolutely no problem with microtransactions as long as they're purely cosmetic and you actually buy the thing you want instead of just more random chances to get it (looking at you, Mass Effect 3). I may even throw down a few bucks myself for a fancier Spectre scarf.

I don't mind microtransactions as long as they don't go the Gears of War 4 route and put everything being an RNG-paywall. Seriously, I'll buy cosmetic poo poo just to play dress-up if I know I'm actually buying the said thing I want and not a "box" that rolls several possible items.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Lol at the thought of going to battlefield to get away from people shouting slurs 24/7

Actually there haven't been many people in BF1 being total shitheels; more often than not my games are filled with generally helpful people. It's really god drat strange.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So you have to remain under the VPN to keep playing? I launched the game "from" Singapore and it ran fine, but I turned of the VPN and my game is locked away again.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

runchild posted:

While the Advocate Gifts are "loot box" style rewards, I've seen a dev say that they will never be purchasable with real money. And I've noticed that the camos and such that come from Advocate Gifts can be unlocked with merits so you don't have to wait for random chance to get the one you really want. But then the cosmetics unlocked via challenges can't be bought so you really have to earn them. Seems like they're doing everything right.

Fantastic.

Been running through Singleplayer and it's really fun, looks drat good too but I'm seemingly halfway through about an hour in. I'm also playing on Master difficulty while looking for the helmets. drat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So if you're going through the SP, don't do it on Master, it's pretty hard, hard to the point where it's not the most fun because BT is apparently made from tin-foil and the pilot dies just by being looked at. It's really, really frustrating.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone able to find a game? I sat in matchmaking for 10 minutes and it never got more than 2 players in the search.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo the Master difficulty is god awful, and the game wasn't designed for it. I'm fighting the Northstar boss and ever shot of his will take all of your shields and then some, once he uses his rockets you're basically going to lose all your health because there's nowhere to actually take cover while he flies around quickly going full Itano Circus with homing missiles. All of your Titan weapons are peashooters to top it off.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dunno what's up with my PC Vanguard Edition but Amazon has no info about it being shipped. Great.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

But the game owns.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

So to those that have the 2x xp boost from the dew and doritos thing, just so you know:

:siren: It actually doubles you score in game meaning you can easily win any game with it enabled!:siren:

That's right, tf2 is a pay to win (eat/drink to win) game.

Oh for fucks sake, I've seen some games where one team is just making GBS threads on the other team and easily winning with more than double of the points, now this explains it.

Also, how do I claim my Doritos bullshit? I entered the codes on the site and unlocked stuff and linked my EA account and even got a Comms message about it in-game but I don't see anywhere in the game to actually claim it and none of it is unlocked.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone else feel like the Titans are just too easy to kill now? They easily just melt away and I don't feel like the utter bad-rear end piloting them like I used to since I have to play super cautiously. Also the boarding animation for the Titans is so god drat long it seems.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real talk the Mountain Dew Ion Titan is a pretty dope skin, also, I have a Red Baron skin for Ion and I have no clue how the gently caress I got it but it owns and I hope all of the other Titans have it too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gunder posted:

Battlefield 1 purchase gets you the Red Baron Ion skin. Only works on Ion.

:smith:

What's the max level for everything? I assume it's 50 for players but are weapons and Titans 50 too?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's no more Sentries to hack is there? I'm not too impressed with the maps this time around, they look detailed but they're kinda... boring I guess?

TF1's maps felt like something was going on, we had really cool sandy desert maps, there were sentries, alien life, a map that only had Spectres and just really varied designs. It all feels samey in this game. Also the Reapers are really god drat dull.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ShineDog posted:

I really like the game, but yeah, the maps don't quite have the originals character.

One of the maps doesn't even have drop-ship intros I think, it takes place in a canyon. Also, one of the maps is probably the worst loving design, not because of aesthetics (I actually like them) but because it's 90% indoors so when you call your Titan there's 3 different spots where it'll actually drop and you have to run most of the map just to get to it. It's awful.

Sab669 posted:

So what is the point of the Factions for MP? Does it effect anything other than who is standing in the ship we jump out of at the start of a game?

I'm curious about this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Raged posted:

Look like Origin is being raped by someone mad about losing stuff in fifa

https://twitter.com/0day_x

I wish I was joking. Probably some Saudi prince pissed he got caught using cheats.

I can't see anything, I don't have a Twitter though. Have any screens?