Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

While I'm sure this game will be alright I'm not so sure it can compete in the FPS multiplayer category with Battlefield 1 on nearly identical release dates. I might wait a week or two to see how the playerbase fares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Destroy all robots.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I look forward to pretending I'm a 30 foot tall ninja and reflecting people's bullets back in their dumb faces.

P.S. Title sucks, boo to whoever changed that.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

BT learning the thumbs up gesture can only lead to one ending:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

runchild posted:

Best AT weapon IMO is hacked charge beam with Amped Wall. It is hilarious to throw a never ending series of lasers into a Titan's face while they futilely try to kill you through your impenetrable shield.

Never even considering this combo, I'll have to add it to my anti-titan class for when we're outnumbered in titans.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I find sniping isn't all that great unless the enemy team likes to camp on roofs. Then I just sit on an opposite roof cloaked and pick them all off. Otherwise everyone moves around way too much to score reliable hits. Popping people with a Kraber feels so drat good though.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The Softball Launcher + Electric Smoke grenades are my jam in bounty hunt.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Eldragon posted:

I can see why few bothers with snipers, pilots are fast and the ranges are short. You'll pick off a ton of bots but only the worst sort of pilots with the sniper rifle.

But the LMG, I tried it a few times and I just don't see what niche it fills that isn't already covered by the AR or SMG? Am I just using it wrong or is the Tier 0 AR just do the same job but better?

I have an A-Wall + DMR class for maps I know that start out with long sightlines. It usually nabs me a couple kills before the enemy team catches on and I switch to something else. It's a cheap trick, but hey people keep falling for it.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Night Blade posted:

PSA time : don't download the latest nvidia drivers. They gently caress over Titanfall 2 performance big time.

Jitters, lag and in one instance the game for 10 seconds played exclusively in a tiny corner of my screen.

Its affecting the 1000 series cards, 900 series seem to be unaffected.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I could swear I've seen the Kraber projectile arc at longer ranges. It doesn't seem to be an instant hit either.

edit: After looking at some videos, the Kraber is most definitely not hitscan.

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 18, 2016

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

a shameful boehner posted:

I didn't know this. That explains the earlier linked video where there were 3-4 sentry turrets down.

Is there any visual indicator or HUD icon reflecting that you have multiple boosts stored? Because I don't think I've seen any.

At the bottom left there'll be a indicator for your boost and tickboxes next to it if it has more than one use. They ticks will stack up as you acquire more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

I tried to use the Anti Titan Sentry last night, wow that thing is bad.

The trick is to save them all until the end and put them next to the fleeing dropship. 3-4 will kill it super fast.