Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The GIG posted:

God Homestead is still such a garbage map even in FD. Who looked at a map that's mostly a wide open plain with very little cover and decided "Yes this is the perfect map for a horde mode"
I finally got Homestead in FD yesterday and despite my hate for it in the other game modes I actually think it's one of the better FD maps. Liked it more than Kodai and Rise at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Pro-tip: Be careful when nuke rodeoing Nuke titans next to other nuke titans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFJELYBi3o
:saddowns:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Being able to toggle the TF1 music on is loving amazing by the way and it's a shame that they apparently forgot to include the toggle in the console versions because this poo poo's making me nostalgic as gently caress

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah my main complaint about FD is that it goes all titans so quickly. Not that I don't love titan gameplay but I think it should be a better balance between pilot and titan. It's like one wave of grunts for 2 minutes and there aren't even that many, then bo nothing but titans for the next 20 minutes.
Titanfall 1 FD had a map where the gimmick was that you couldn't call down your titan (and the waves are balanced around that), so hopefully they bring that map gimmick back.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

xxEightxx posted:

Is it a legit strat to buy batteries between rounds to heal teammates or am I just outing myself as a noob? None of the other options look good since I spend about 90% of my time in my Titan.
If you ain't buying arc traps you loving up dawg

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Just port all TF1 maps imho

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

General Battuta posted:

I miss quad rocket Stryder so much :( Come back, quad rockets
:same: and also Triple Threat, aka a cool gun with a cool name

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
On the topic of Titanfall 1 nostalgia I really miss the Accelerator Chaingun. The Monarch version is cool too but not nearly as awesome as the original because 1) you only get 40 (50 with Arc Rounds) shots versus the 160 from the first game, 2) it's a final upgrade for Monarch so if you're not doing FD and you're not that great it can be difficult to get and 3) OG Chaingun looked, animated, and felt way cooler (especially with the way the crosshair bounced up and down on your screen independent from your view like your titan was having difficulty compensating for the recoil) :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

as someone who missed TF1 was Titanfall 1 better in any way besides fanboy grass is always greener poo poo

or is it just grass is always greener poo poo
I'll say the one thing the first game did head and shoulders over the second game was presentation and immersion with poo poo like all the animations being first-person and having AI minions show up in every game mode rather than just 3 (and in which 2 of them they're always enemies). Beyond that it's really just personal preference, like I personally preferred the overall aesthetic of the first game, and I liked being able to fully customize your Titan. Old-school rodeo was a blast too. Overall I'd definitely say TF2 is the better game to play, but there's just a bunch of very specific things I prefer from the first game that aren't necessarily bad in the second game, but I just liked the first game's version of it for one reason or the other.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

limited posted:

I imagine they gave the AI scorches aimbots because otherwise they wouldn't be a remote threat as soon as you left ground level. They don't seem to use the canisters from what I've seen, ( I'd guess because programming when to use it would be a pain in the rear end ) so they won't flood a roof with gas then light your rear end up, or punch you near the edge. They're still pretty helpless from a distance though.
They definitely use canisters, at least against your titan

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Blind Duke posted:

Long Range Mode with Legion feels like a trap with this mode. Your clip is nowhere near large enough to get enough hits to build core fast enough. Short range mode feels like it hits often enough to build your core and enjoy some infinite ammo for a while.
I disagree; I sit in long range mode about 75% of the time and feel I'm far more effective with it. LR power shot is far more versatile (use Hidden Compartment) and being able to reliably hit crit spots is important. I'm usually popping 10+ cores a match doing this.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I've got Legion to aegis 20 and while everyone is enamoured by the final upgrade (and for good reason, because it's awesome), I think drill shot is the real star. A 1.5x damage increase per enemy pierced with no cap is insane, especially if you get a map like Blackwater or Rise where it's easy to hit multiple titans.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Energy Transfer is probably the better choice overall but I kinda feel that Arc Rounds are underappreciated due to how fast you can knock down particle walls and Legion/Scorch shields. Take Arc Rounds and the Accelerator and make shooting shields your #1 priority so your DPS titans can do their job better. As a bonus, the extra ammo makes the Accelerator more fun!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

runchild posted:

My understanding is that any long range powershot that passes through one enemy will then do more damage to any subsequent enemy it hits, and will then do even more damage to a potential third enemy, etc. It's not a buff that powers up subsequent shots, but a situational effect applied to individual shots.
Yeah it's this; every penetration increases the damage of that shot by 1.5x. So if you're playing something like Blackwater and got say, 4 titans in a line the first will take 2000 damage, the second will take 3000, the third will take 4500 and the fourth will take 6750. Given how the AI likes to walk in a line it's insanely good.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=569k8Z7UQc4

Gunder posted:

No wallrunning or giant robots
pass

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Mordja posted:

Why are you talking so much about Lawbreakers in the TF2 thread, as though they have anything to do with one another? Go do it in the LB one, Christ.
Probs cause some idiot posted in here trying to get people to play it and part of the sell was "Titanfall but no wall running or robots" and it's like "hmmm yes just what I wanted :thunk:"

Oh and I guess the game is garbage or something I dunno

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Frothy's ideas about titan combat are loving stupid actually

But hey, at least he's advocating for the most important portion of titanfall players: ctf spergs
Man I respect Frothy for being p decent at the game but dude's a real salt mine. "Why is the Smart Pistol still in the game?? :qq:" uhhh because it's fun you idiot

Though maybe it's me that's the real salt mine because it's people like him that got the Smart Pistol changed into a worthless boost and also highly likely the reason AI spawns were removed in non-Attrition/BH game modes.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Skyscraper posted:

Some of them weren't terrible, but I feel like the pistol nerfs were something that nobody asked for and only serve to make pistol banners take longer.
Pistol nerfs were like some monkey's paw-esque type poo poo with TF2 going back to 3 weapon slots

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey, you can still replace the scope with a RDS, so it makes even less sense because the lovely scope is just its ironsights. :v:
Which makes me sad because I loved the R-101's iron sights with the red dot front post (like how the Spitfire sights are) and wish they were in the game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Wazzit posted:

Yeah just hold the block button when phase shifting as Ronin. I think it's a small caveat for Ronin being able to block 90 loving percent of damage from all directions shrugging off Laser, Rocket, Flame cores like it's nothing.
IIRC it's only 75 or 70% normally, but goes up to 90% while Sword Core is active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Digirat posted:

When smart core is running does it matter which mode you're in?
Smart Core will inherit the damage fall-off of whatever mode you're in so if you can it's best to swap to long range mode for Smart Core just so you can do max damage further out.