Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
XBONE:

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed the campaign now I've got a few hours in multiplayer. I'll join the group; my gamer tag is the same as my name here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Agoat posted:

Does anyone play on the Xbone One or is it all PC here

I'm Agoat944 on live if you're a boner

I'm super late to the party having grabbed this game last month. I joined the network but never see anyone on. Gamer tag is fastestgunalive

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Playing daily on x bone. Very depressing to play FD with randoms though. I stick to normal but even then i find that about half the games I'm in we have to re try at least once

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Renoistic posted:

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and am playing the SP. It's surprisingly creative and fun, even if the main character has no personality. Hats off to the devs for putting in the effort. I'm definitely playing it all the way but will probably not touch the MP.

I feel like you kind of get a glimpse of personality as you select the dialogue options. Definitely feel the bromance between cooper and bt by the end

MP is great and you should try it. I haven't played anything this fast paced in years and I found it easy to adapt to. Even the first few hours when I was getting stomped I was having fun because there's a lot going on. I also find it easy to set personal goals for improvement. At first I just focused on learning the basic mechanics, then I tried out all the kits, then I worked on unlocking melee executions, now I'm working to get better at using the grappling hook and trying all the different weapons to find my preferred ones.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RBX posted:

It was a chess move that backfired badly.

Also who's on xbone here? PC is slower now so I'll give console another try. I'll still do PC if we have a crew there too.

They got 165 mil in cash but the remaining two thirds are tied to backside bullshit and stuff like the netacritic scores of the Star Wars game and Titanfall 3 so... yeah.

My x bone gamer tag is fastestgunalive, add! I’m out of town for the next month but I’m still all about playing this game

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Digirat posted:

BT is Cool.
BT is my friend

:yeah:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gifted it to a buddy while it was on sale for the holidays. Was actually planning on doing three or four gift copies but the steam sale got a little out of hand for me this year...

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’s spicy attrition as the custom mode this week. Everyone’s ordnance is ticks! It’s fun but would be better in pilot v pilot as Titans kind of moot it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I played last night for the first time in six months and I still love it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I play hard point and bounty occasionally. Never got into CTF due to the small size.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Haven’t played on Xbox in almost a month but seemed strong still. I’m always down to play though if anyone ever wants to.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If your friends have ea access or origins or whatever it is, i think they get access to tityfall2. I see other people mention it all the time.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Oh no I’m with you on that, I’m just pointing out origins for the poster w/ the battlefield friends. A lot of people are signing up to get early access to bf v so that’s a possibility to get them into titanfall

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Titanfall 2 campaign in GDQ tomorrow https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule/24

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Today’s the two year anniversary, so play a match or two today. Do it for BT

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
A tank or spider tank or would a cool variant to the reaper

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Marvin wants y’all to stay positive

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I like FD but wish it would have received more maps or more variety. The waves start to feel same ish after awhile. I’d love a pilot-only FD mode also so you could do lots of sick movement stuff

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Didn’t they run a titan-only mode where your FD upgrades were in use? I never played it because I wanted to get best Titan papa scorch fully loaded up. I do think he should get two shots with his gun before reloading as normal tho

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I played through the campaign again this weekend because my internet is done. It still owns and BT and cooper’s friendship is the greatest.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m not one to watch others play games but I found videos by iniquity, who plays on Xbox, to be good at demonstrating and offering tips on movement when I first started out, plus he doesn’t have an obnoxious voice. That said I feel you’re probably right because I don’t think I’m that good but generally do well on Xbox even if I haven’t played in a while

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It'd balance itself out pretty well too; Either you're smart enough to pick your engagements with your Titan, or you get hosed from six directions by a dozen Pilots sneaking through buildings around you looking for easy kills.

Yea. Titans would also be balanced differently than in other game modes i presume. Less health, slower, etc.

BR ain’t my thing and I dunno about this but I’ll definitely give it a try. Here’s hoping if it does well then that leads to a full TF3

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Beans posted:

However, I don’t think that is what we are getting. I guess we will find out soon.

Nah, everyone should keep getting wound up over their own baseless what-ifs.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
There’s one in the titanfall subreddit but no proof that it’s from the game or anything.it looks pretty bad tho. So bad I feel like it has to be fake

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Tag yourself, I'm "Skull Town"

Cautiously curious about this. Loved Titanfall 2

Repulsor Tower checking in

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Characters look dumb and no titans or wall running sucks but I’ll give it a fair try. If it’s good I can admit it; if not then I’ll enjoy dunking on it but also I’ll be afraid for tf3

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Beans posted:

There is a lot of talk about the “high skill requirement” for the parkour poo poo in TF2, but I felt like the real genius of the game was that you didn’t have to be good at it. When I picked up TF2 on PS4 the last FPS I played on a console was something on ps2, so I stuck to the single player first. It was great, they somehow managed to nail the aim assist while wall running in such an amazing way i was doing cool as pilot moves in no time.

Yea maybe it’s different on pc but on console I was “competitive” from my very first multiplayer game. Of course I was mostly killing grunts without realizing they were ai but thats ok because it still contributes to the team. It only took a couple more matches to understand I needed to let go of my more traditional FPS habits and embrace the movement aspect. Even now I’ll jump on every few months for a couple matches and do well; there isn’t just the ridiculously skilled players left

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Xarbala posted:

Apex Legends looks pretty good but the people defending it in the Titanfall 2 thread are acting like real shitheads.

Yea for real. like... just go post in the apex thread. Unironically using “reeee” to characterize people’s complaints? What is this, insane people fb political memes?

Like, I feel like most the tf2 fans are fairly reasonable in their criticism; a few have even tried the game and admit it’s well made despite the lack of “titanfall-feel”. Just use this thread to talk about titanfall and use the apex thread to talk about apex.

Also I’m always looking for people to play titanfall 2 with.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Most people in the last few pages of this thread stopped talking about Tf2 two years ago so it's kind of funny that they all just showed up on the spot firstly to doomsay for 48 solid hours and when that had lead to nothing of substance to pretend like this thread is somehow hallowed ground again.

The reason why people originally brought the news to this thread was because the hype was ambiguous and sudden and no other part of the forums was paying attention. The success of AL, regardless of its origin or relation to Tf proper, will have an effect on Tf going forward, and I think that's worth discussing itt if people want to. If you don't like it then don't respond to it, but I don't see how it's a detriment when the thread was already dead except for a few of us still playing and posting.

Yeah, I'm sure Respawn isn't automatically assuming it will be a success though they seem confident in their product. A million people in 1 day with no prior marketing is nothing to sneaze at, and if that expands their base for future projects then great.

Ok

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Are they still running custom playlists? When they did the spicy bois one that was pretty fun

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Despite the saltiness there have been a lot of great reaction gifs and memes made

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I mean, if you wanna put out a full first and last name then go for it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m playing for the first time in two months and drat my skills have atrophied. Still fun tho.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lemming posted:

We're in the Titanfall thread I will not

https://gfycat.com/focusedflusteredkoala

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Ringo Star Get posted:

TF2 was/is 4.50 for digital on Xbox One, worth it. I’ve had it on my PC since a few weeks after release and I don’t regret double dipping. Been convincing my friends to get both TittieBall and Pecs Legs because the guns are awesome and the gameplay is fun.

I originally ragged on AL but it was due to my PC and not giving it enough time, along with the feeling of sadness it wasn’t TF3.

I play on bone, give me an add. Gt same as my username. Been getting in a couple matches every night

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pubg been around for a while though, it was a mod for arma or something. Going totally free and making money off cosmetics and battle passes is relatively new as a concept (outside of mobile gaming). Fortnite showed how viable it was and apex has taken it to the next level. Stand by to see how bad it gets the next few years.

A more apt comparison is probably CoD blackout. RIP.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m glad apex is hitting it big and it’s got some great concepts. Just don’t bring that aesthetic/lore/whatever over into the main titanfall games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I almost always used grapple because it’s just so drat fun and versatile but I’m forcing myself to try out the others for extended periods. Phase shift right now, haven’t really worked it out yet for ace flanking and escapes