Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Completely uninterested in a single-player campaign, but that multiplayer trailer looked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I hope beating the Campaign and collecting poo poo nets us cool poo poo for MP.

Someone on Reddit said that completing the campaign gives you absolutely nothing.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

I am a total moron when it comes to VPNs, is there a free one that I can use to unlock this jump man simulator?

Check your PMs.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Deakul posted:

Is there a server browser? I hate being at the mercy of matchmaking unless it's really loving quick to find a game(BF1's matchmaking is actually ok for instance).

Nope, it's all matchmaking.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How does ejecting work this time around? Eject is supposedly bound to the X key on the keyboard, yet everytime I press it while doomed, nothing happens. I've tried mashing, pressing, and holding. Nothing works.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Peewi posted:

Mash E to eject while doomed. Press X and then mash E to eject any other time.

There's a prompt for it.

Thanks!

What's up with the doomed state this time around? It doesn't seem to do damage over time to you anymore. It almost feels like a second health bar now. Do you take more damage now when doomed?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone actually use the grappling hook? I've found myself only using the sonar dart or the stim.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The maps feel a lot smaller to me though.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

So to those that have the 2x xp boost from the dew and doritos thing, just so you know:

:siren: It actually doubles you score in game meaning you can easily win any game with it enabled!:siren:

That's right, tf2 is a pay to win (eat/drink to win) game.

loving seriously? I hope that this promotion isn't running in the UK.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

People on PC seem to have gotten a LOT better at Titanfall than they were a few months after the original game launched. I used to be able to top the tables in most matches in the first few months of Titanfall being released. Tf2, on the other hand, sees me getting pretty much insta-killed whenever I see an enemy. I barely realise that they're on the screen at all sometimes before I'm dead.

Edit: I guess this might be the people that never stopped playing the original in the intervening years?

Gunder fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 29, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there an EU Goon PC network yet?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

:siren:There is now a network for Euro PC goons. It's called European Goonion (Clan Tag BRXT :britain:), and the happy hour is at 9pm GMT.:siren:

It's public for the moment, so just search for European Goonion and join.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Hell yes! THANK YOU

Mind if I let one of my non-goon friends join?

No problem.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I think the cries of DEAD GAME are a bit premature, even on PC. I just got a match for Last Titan Standing, followed by Hardpoint. Only had to queue for LTS for a few seconds before it filled up. That being said, it was loving stupid to release this game this week.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Night Blade posted:

Does origin have a stats page or something?

When you enter into matchmaking you can see the current population in your region, and when you select the match type it shows you how many people are currently in the queue.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Real talk the Mountain Dew Ion Titan is a pretty dope skin, also, I have a Red Baron skin for Ion and I have no clue how the gently caress I got it but it owns and I hope all of the other Titans have it too.

Battlefield 1 purchase gets you the Red Baron Ion skin. Only works on Ion.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I can't remember how the time to kill was in TF1. Is TTK much faster this time around? It certainly feels pretty quick.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone have a complete understanding of how the Amped Weapons boost works? How much extra damage does it provide exactly? Does it wear off if you don't use it fast enough? Does it only last one clip? One kill? I've tried googling, but no one seems to have hard numbers.

It's pretty difficult to tell how much of a damage difference it makes because the time to kill is so short.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 30, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

If you're a Euro then join BRXT.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Conot posted:

Except there are two people online on BRXT vs 10 in LLJK

You see the dilemma

The BRXT happy hour is 9pm GMT if that makes it any easier.

Edit: Tonight it's 8pm because the daylight savings change over hosed it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Unfortunately the Smart Pistol is kinda bad for killing other pilots in TF2. It's pretty good for killing AI in Attrition and Bounty Hunt though.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Melee them in the face when they're doomed.

Don't you have to press and HOLD melee on a doomed titan? I think just tapping the button will only do a normal punch.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wish the end of Ion's execution was cooler. There's not enough graphical report to the burst of gunfire he fires into the titan's cockpit. It looks like he puts the gun in there, leaves it there for a second and then just removes it again. It could do with some energy bolts coming out the back of the titan, like he's shooting all the way through it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Quasipox posted:

I'm really bummed that sales don't seem to be great though. It's a shame it's getting dropped between BF and CoD.

Yeah, EA poo poo the bed on this one. I think it would have done much better if they had delayed it until January or February.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

victrix posted:

Scorch's flame shield does like 2.5 bars of damage if you get the whole thing on a target, and it blocks any incoming damage :stare:

If you're standing in thermite while he's ramming that shield down your throat, you are deeeeead.

Won't Scorch also be pretty much dead from standing in his own fire too?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Ion seems a little underpowered in the damage department. Her splitter rifle does pretty awful damage unless you use the alt fire mode, and I don't think her other abilities make up for the missing damage.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You are bad at Ion. Laser shot on a titan weakspot does massive damage and you can corner peak with it to completely whittle down titans while taking no damage yourself. It's also an instant kill hit scan weapon so if you get good at twitching you can just destroy anyone any time you can even see half a pixel of a pilot. Also laser core does many damages.

Also I have no idea how to embedd webms

https://gfycat.com/ShockingMasculineAnkolewatusi

:thumbsup:

"weakspots" are the red parts that get highlighted when you look at an enemy titan, right? Are they the same thing as a crit? Do you know if Ion's default "get energy back when critting" kit is good?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Lemming posted:

Jump around like an insane maniac and never ADS, basically

Pair it with the drugs robot for maximum effectiveness

The Alternator is even better at this.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

When you regen as a pilot, do you keep any weapons or weapon mod unlocks? I just want my pimped out Alternator. :smith:

Also, do you get a permanent XP boost from regen like you did in TF1?

Edit: thanks for the nose art^^^

Gunder fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 2, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Fuligin posted:

is there a reason to use anything but map hack once you unlock it? Most of the boosts seem really weak (ticks lol)

Pilot sentry is great on hardpoint. Ticks also do more work than you might imagine. I don't use them personally, but my friend swears by them.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Prophecy120 posted:

The end-game mission where you get to fight along side the other Pilots in the enemy ship, wall running and breaching the windows was really cool. I wish they included more of that in the campaign.

Yeah, I feel like the only person that was pretty underwhelmed by most of the campaign. The last hour was cool, but everything up to that was pretty average.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Given that all the planned DLC map packs and so on are going to be free, I think it's safe to assume that Titanfall 2 will have quite a tail on any platform.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Prophecy120 posted:

I switched from my R-201 setup to a level 1 Alternator and my kill count doubled in the matter of a game or two. That little gun is such a beast, it's almost unfair.

Yup, it's what makes me top the scoreboard in most games. Can't function without it. I tried going back to the R-201, and came almost last. It's such a different playstyle.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just tried out the R-97 for run n' gun SMG hip spraying. Not great. Seems to either come down to its low accuracy or low damage, and the high fire rate doesn't make up for those shortcomings when compared to the Alternator.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Lemming posted:

No way. More people is not always more better. 6v6 is great and means each individual person can make a large contribution, you don't spend a ton of time getting back into the fight, and Titans and stuff don't just get blitzed down immediately by a thousand things shooting at them all at once.

Yeah, I think 6v6 is plenty. Even 8v8 feels way too chaotic. The old PC gaming mantra of more players = better has never been true.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Played an Attrition match as Tone there. Couldn't tell any difference. Killed four or five enemy titans 1v1 until I eventually had to eject.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is the Dice Roll boost weighted evenly? I seem to get an awful lot of Anti-Titan Sentries from it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Eldragon posted:

Is there a recommended Pilot class for newbies, or a some hints and tricks?

I started out using Grappling hook, but I find I don't use it as much as I should.

My best success has been popping Cloak whenever I need to cross an open space or start taking fire. Probably not the most effective use?

I see a lot of people using Stim, What's the secret to using it the most effectively?

A lot of people make the mistake of trying to play like it's Call of Duty, ie constantly aiming down the sights before firing etc. Don't do this. Pick one of the SMGs, the CAR is fine, and just shoot from the hip constantly.

I tend to pop Stim when I get into a head to head duel, as it makes hitting you pretty difficult as long as you're strafing around and moving constantly. It's also a handy "Oh poo poo, that Tone saw me" button for escaping those 40mm shots. Also, don't forget that Stim rapidly decreases the amount of time it takes for your health to start to regen, so if you got winged by some pilot, then popping stim to get out the way and get your health back before they round the corner can be helpful for recovering from surprise attacks.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is MP dead on PC already or did I just choose a bad time to try it out? Only had 400~ people in lobby.

It gets like that late at night/early morning EU time. You still get into decent matches within seconds though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Romes128 posted:

Yeah. If you spawn at the bottom.

There's another spawn point?

Seriously though, does it ever seem like you only ever spawn on the same side of the map?