Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Well TBH the Quad rockets in the first game were garbage, and the XO16 Chaingun is just a lovely version of Legions minigun, so I don't know how that would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Photux posted:

Is there a aim assist associated with the 40mm? I'm pretty sure the "tracker" refers to the lock-on system for the missiles, not to any auto aim for the 40mm.

Yeah the 40mm shells definitely have a mild homing effect. I've seen them bend horizontally.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

What can you even get from the codes anyway? I know there's some execution, and maybe a camo? That works on everything?

I'd throw a couple of bucks at someone for that target camo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

A little clarifying

- Half of your bonus cash is lost when you die, and killing pilots has you steal 10% of their pre-death total (so yes cash disappears into the aether when pilots die)

Clarification on the clarification - Killing pilots lets you steal half of their bonus. Half of your bonus goes to the pilot that killed you when you die. The "10%" you are seeing on the hud near the stolen bonus, is the 10% build time on your titan you recieve for killing a pilot.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Are you supposed to enter those at https://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/redeem/ ? because I just get "invalid code" or "error redeeming code" every time someone posts one. Maybe I'm just too late. Despite being minutes after posting sometimes. :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol welp bought more Dew and Doritos codes because I feel like being Santa and they're cheap.

Yo if I send you codes make sure you actually use them.....

If you haven't used the dew and doritos promo yet reply here and I'll PM you three codes. If I already sent you codes but you didn't get what you wanted also reply and I'll send you two more.

Yo I missed out first time round could I get some codes? :buddy:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol welp bought more Dew and Doritos codes because I feel like being Santa and they're cheap.

Hey thanks man, used my codes and got the execution. :tipshat:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I have had codes once from you but "only" got sent 2, so I qualify for more? :v:

You are truly giant robot santa.

E: woops I missed an entire page of posts, ignore if I'm way too late.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I recorded some Gooses.

https://gfycat.com/RelievedDeadHorsefly

gently caress those guys in particular.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

But then using scorch against marshmallow firing legion would only make him tastier.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Fuligin posted:

I'd be a bigger fan of the epilogue if successfully escaping or destroying the transport gave you another merit or credits or something

If you win a match you get a "Victory" merit, and a pip on your faction merit.

If you successfully evac you get a merit for successful evac (replacing the "Victory" merit), and a pip on your faction merit. Identical XP progress for a win or a successful evac.

"Good Performance" is completely seperate to that and based on the challenges you see on the pause menu of the game during a match.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

FiestaNinja posted:

As the guy said above, firewall is a good way to light them. To explain a bit further I think when you shoot them out and they first land they start releasing the gas but it takes a second to get to a wide enough dispersal that a random nearby cannon shot can set them off. Directly hitting the canisters themselves at any time will set them off (no idea if you could barrel-bomb people by shooting them in mid-air, probably?) and otherwise you need your AoE (or any AoE from anyone) to land roughly wherever the gas has gotten to.

This is correct.

Here's a protip for scorch - angle your canisters onto the roof of the dropship then set that poo poo on fire. :supaburn:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Never ADS the Volt. It makes it harder to aim with.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Numbers go up!

Honestly regenning isn't an issue because you should have enough credits to buy the handful of things you really need. Especially after the second one.

Now at Gen4 I have every single bit of kit I use unlocked, including Low Profile which is 225 credits, and Stim which unlocks at level 3 and costs 180 credits. I took that because I could not be bothered to wait 2 levels and I had 300 credits to spend at that point. Plus a bunch of weapons unlocked. 100 Credits for a weapon is a good deal. I can just grab something if I want it, since it takes ~10 levels to earn 100 credits.

I wish the net worth thing actually worked, I'd be interested to see how much I've earned in my career at G4.19 (next level I'm going to run scorch and blaze it)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So this happened last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYgv7YodjU4

Ronin can own when you go balls out with him.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

radintorov posted:

The more I use it, the more I like the Firestar.
Especially when I nail someone in the face with it. :getin:

Even if the face you stick it to is your team-mate's, who is wallrunning to smack that same enemy dude in the face. I had that drat thing attached to me for like 10 seconds after that kill. :v: Wish I'd recorded my view of that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

One of the best :fuckoff: moments I've seen.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

This used to be my MO but it seems like people have really wised up to nuclear eject and rarely fall for it anymore.

I dunno I only picked up Nuke Ronin a day or two ago and I am doing poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztK7-PjN4Q

Pretty much every other match.

Would've been a quad kill if Amebix hadn't MGL sniped the Ion on the right just before my nuke went off. :argh:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So this happened...

Then we switched to attrition and met another goon group. That was a good match, which we ended up losing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

AirRaid posted:

I dunno I only picked up Nuke Ronin a day or two ago and I am doing poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztK7-PjN4Q

Pretty much every other match.

Would've been a quad kill if Amebix hadn't MGL sniped the Ion on the right just before my nuke went off. :argh:

Apparently I forgot that Shadowplay automatically uploads videos as private, this should work now. :downs:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This is what you get for killing me with my own phase shift. :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGb9Qp5Kzd4

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

No, there is no server browser, sorry.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

He's an area denial titan. Gas lanes, thermite corners. He also melts Ronin with his shield.

Watch me be not awful with him.
https://youtu.be/xJh5DwMb35c

You did alright with scorch there but holy cow your situational awareness is awful. Luckily the people you were playing against seemed to be worse, So many times that match I was screaming ITS BEHIND YOU. You walked past a titan in a dome shield and never checked to see if it was coming at you, you nearly killed a reaper then it jumped on a roof and you turned your back on it. So many times there was a threat then you turned away and ignored it. :psyduck:

I mean, you did well, but against a slightly more competent team you'd have died a whole bunch more there.

Also Charge Hack charge rifle is bad, you could do more damage with pretty much any other AT weapon.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Geight posted:

I like that other people use the Archer because it creates moment where a missile is flying at my doomed Titan and I splatter the guy that fired it before hammering my eject button and peacing out. It's a cool weapon that creates fun moments like that, whereas the electro-ball launcher just royally fucks up Titans and has barely any feedback.

The other good thing is, as Ronin, watching the "Pilot Locking" warning, watching huge dumb obvious missile incoming, and just Phase Dashing through it. :dance:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Well okay then.

Redeemed them all, I have run out of Advocate gift Banners. Got a bunch of Pilot Camos and a couple patches at the end.

Also 22 coliseum tickets and ~500 credits.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

chumbler posted:

Edit: Also, now that I've hit 50, how do I regen?

Get another 10 merits to get to "51" where it will say "Regen Available", then there will be a big button on your MP lobby screen (you cannot be in a party or it won't show)

Magnus Condomus posted:

Welp, got a new Nuclear Eject multikill that I'll probably never be able to top:

http://i.imgur.com/Wq7zqyr.gifv

:eyepop:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 1, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When you Shift, there's a scattering of sparkles in the direction you were headed. A good way to keep a bead on a Ronin is to back off and guess at where he'll likely pop out again.

Ronin is way more predictable though because he pretty much only goes in a straight line.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The laser is, usually. The 40mm has just enough deviation and travel time that it isn't as good an instant delete button for pilots on console. It's still excellent at the job compared to other Titan primaries but the Ion laser is magnificent at it.

Thing is Ion's laser has 2 uses max and then it's on cool down for a while. Less than 2 if you've used any other abilities.

Tone has... how many shots in it's clip? With a solid rate of fire.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mailer posted:

The worst goddamn thing about the trial weekend is that the Volt is level 27. :/

Alternator hasn't been bad, but cmon. I want that Volt goodness.

If you've been playing all wseekend and haven't earned 100 credits to unlock it yet I don't know what to tell you.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mailer posted:

I really wish there were more people playing. I'm happy with Attrition but having <200 people just turns the start of the game into checking the roster and counting the [ADV] tags to see if you're on the party stomp team.

Are there any other local data centres to you? Those 200 are all the people on your current data centre, and there might be more on another one with a similar ping.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I think you get a pip for assists with the AT weapons. My MGL is like G6 or something from just constant use.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

Got any of these left? I'll take one if there's one going. :buddy:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mill Village posted:

Apparently you can spawn trap people on Crash Site so you only spawn in this little corner at the back of the map.

On the flip side, on Crash Site attrittion if your entire team holes up in the back corner where the A point is in Hardpoint, you can really effectively camp and murder anything that tries to come in, since your AIs will spawn around you and not get mown down much at all, and there's a good chokepoint.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I just picked this game up for PC. None of the game modes work except 'Angel City 24/7' because it just gets stuck on Searching for Players 1/12 infinitely.

Is this some weird bug or nobody playing those modes like CTF or Free for All

Have you tried swapping data centers? On the main menu on the bottom left it shows what center you're connected to and if you click it you can choose a different one (give it a sec to populate, it'll ping them all). There may be another data center with a similar ping, could try that and see if there's more people on.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 16, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

MrBond posted:

If I understand the icons right it looked like a party of 5 and there was definitely some coordination going on. :(

Given that I'm the second person to mention spawn camping on this page I'm guessing someone on the internet has figured out how to rig that.

I'm shocked it's taken as long as it has done for the internet at large to figure it out. I saw the potential for really bad spawn traps (there's 2) on Drydock literally at launch. You can get pushed back to either the area behind the building across the canal from C, or the little walled off area behind the crane, and get held there pretty badly. If a team utilises a couple of tones and a couple of pilots with sonar knife you can really easily see which way pilots are trying to escape and lock it down horribly. There was a screenshot early on from a goonstack which held a team like 400-25 on drydock in hardpoint because they just locked them in super fast and they didnt get out all match.

Crash Site has the opportunity for that a bit but it's easier to break out I think. And actually in attrition it can be beneficial, like i said.

As mentioned above, the best way to break it is to literally haul rear end out as fast as you can. Hope you don't get sonar'd to hell, go sideways and get far enough away that you get into a different spawn zone. On drydock if you can break to the canals either side of the map you'll generally get out. All it takes is one person to make it and the spawn area will shift.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mill Village posted:

The Crash Site spawn trap is on the C flag in Hardpoint. You get jammed into a corner and you can't get out.

There's a side passage out of there which is the better option for getting out of that part. If there's a guy or two watching it well I can see how that area might be awful though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

hey guys I have more Dew & Doritos codes so if you just gotta have that execution or sick Ion dew skin holla, (or if you used codes before and didn't get them) :madmax:

I'll totes take a couple if you got em. I still haven't managed to get the dumb Ion skin.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

I finally did it - I killed the loving evac shuttle as it was flying away. it started flying as I had a train of Tone rockets] cancer flying at it and I popped it with a 40mm and riiiight before it teleports away it instead poofed into an explosion and the enemy team was salty.

Is there a good program for recording stuff that isn't going to kill my lovely processor machine? I've got a 1070 but my proc is wicked old.

As Magnus Condomus said, use Shadowplay. You can set it to save the last X minutes/seconds of gameplay. I have it set to 1 minute, so it's constantly recording and I just hit save to write the last minute to a file, and I don't see any impact on performance (I haven't actually compared FPS but there is nothing noticable). I have as 1070 and a 2500K at stock clock (because I'm too lazy to actually install the CM212 cooler I have sat on a shelf next to me).

The files shadowplay kicks out (MP4) can be easily trimmed by AVIDemux or something similar for upload to youtube or gfycat or whatever.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anyone noticed that the guy on the right during Ash's intro animation (at 0:19) should get sliced in half by her sword?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Titanfall 2 sorely needs a quick-command wheel. Just being able to pop stuff like "[PLAYER] NEEDS HELP", or "I NEED A BATTERY".

Emotes that also work in Titans would be fantastic too.

I kind of get annoyed with people saying "HEy I need a battery someone help me out", because if anyone has a battery (at least in the goon groups I play in), it gets announced. If you're yelling that you need a battery and no one has a battery on them, it's not going to happen realistically and you come across kind of like a child. Throw yourself in front of that giant robot and put your life at risk so I can have a bit more health in my giant robot!

Supporting friendly titans is cool but really calling out that you have a battery and asking who needs it is far better than calling that you need one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Great, what about the EU Goons side of things? Not sure I really want to be playing with the pubbies. Gameplay looks really cool though, very past paced and fluid looking. Am I right on this?

Yes you are right. EU PC Goons hang out on the Reticulated Splines Discord (check the OP) and there is a group going most evenings for a few hours, then we take a break and some people form up again later. Sometimes we have enough people to form up 2 groups in the Discord.