Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
As some comedian pointed out, while cooking and dresses are commonly seen as the purview of women, the most famous chefs and fashion designers are men so it's kind of a silly thought even disregarding it's sexism. Was it George Carlin pointed that out? Can't recall, must try and look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

One thing I am slightly pissed off about is the disparity between the collector's editions for the US versus europe. I posted this image on another forum, I'll post it here too;

And suddenly I don't feel so bad I probably won't be able to get a collector's edition. The map and case were the only two things I wanted out of it and both are missing. The European cover art is annoying too, though mostly because Link is looking back over his shoulder in a rather cheesy way. If it had him staring out over the horizon like the American one then I'd probably prefer it to the American one simply because the colors are nicer.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm still annoyed the EU special edition has no map or case, the only things worth buying one for.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pops Mgee posted:

Lunk or Lonk are the best names. Nothing else compares.

Liink or bust.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, he does use the Tri-force , have a super sword, talk with mystical beings beyond time and so on. He's not far off. He just needs a cloak with a deep hood really.

Maybe an X-Wing knock off. He can borrow Fox McClouds.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Lemming posted:

There's no "good" time to announce this sort of thing because people will always find a way to get pissed off about it, because that's how "gamers" are. They're the kind of people who look for a reason to be mad rather than having a concrete set of wants/needs and then evaluating from there.

That's not "gamers", that's just people in general. You'll find the same kind of thought in fans of anything, from music to parachuting. Not all of them of course, but that mix of pessimism and hyperbolic anger exists across the spectrum, not just in one group. It's more pronounced in some groups, but that's almost certainly because those groups are bigger and more visible, not because its exclusive to or even really any more prominent in those groups.

tsob fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 15, 2017

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mahoning posted:

Can't people just admit they want to collect toys and not try to hide it behind the fact that these amiibos do something useful?

A toy is cool. A toy that is both a toy and DLC is better, since it's still a toy whenever you want, but you get an extra benefit as well. Nintendo hit gold with ambiios really. They're not toys, but they do make nice little shelf or desk ornaments, and many adults want that more than toys really.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Do it right

Aponu
Bpono
Cponi
Dpone
Epona

It should obviously be Aponi. Or take a leaf from Robbie Williams and name your horses "Some Horse" and "Another Horse".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You can download a harmonica app for the Sheika Slate from the Play Store.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm gonna be a dopey uncle and try and find a horse that somewhat resembles my niece's horse, then give him the same name - then let her pick out at least one more for me to tame and let her name it, simply because she loves horses and I'm hoping a few Switch games might lure her and her brother away from Minecraft for a bit so I can stop seeing and hearing roughly the same thing every time they visit the house. I think her horse's name is Bob. So at least one of mine will have a very uninspired and boring name.

I'm hoping that you can name your dogs too, since you can apparently tame dogs in the game as well. In which case I'll probably take a leaf from a friend's book and name one Chainsaw. Because it's just a cool word.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is the oribital strike weapon just a wooden model of himself that is dropped from a satellite like a rod from God?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not even gonna be touching this thread Friday, Saturday or probably for several days after that. Not because of a fear of spoilers, but because I'm reading it now to tide me over till the game comes out and I won't have that need when I own the game and can play it at will. I'll probably drop in to see other people's experiences and see the gifs of them after a week or two, but I really doubt I'll be visiting the thread for a while at least.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm off all weekend too. Though I do have to walk the dog, which will take up a bit of each day. Still, if the adverts are right that shouldn't stop me Switching up my Zelda.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yeah, looks like sadly my worries are valid, and this game has no big epic dungeons that get more difficult as you progress and feel like you're invading some evil place.

What makes it look like that out of interest? I didn't think anyone was allowed discuss them for a few days yet.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why can't physical editions come with a digital code for the game? Or at least special editions, since you're already paying an inflated price. I'd be a lot more tempted by that artbook if I could just download a copy of the game I've already paid for afterwards, rather than futzing around with cartridges.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh yeah, can't wait to finally replay Minish Cap after so many years. And I'd be able to sooner if they hadn't stealth dropped Metroid Prime on me, the jerks! :argh:

Speaking of, is there any word on a Switch version of Wind Waker? I have played it before, but I'd still like to play it again.

Cojawfee posted:

They just delayed it to 2024 because they can't get Calamity Tingle's voice right.

The real problem is finding the right dong to stuff into a morphsuit for the mocap. The interviews are loving aaaawkward!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Heavy Metal posted:

And in general we need all new tricks and little things to excite us. I felt like on the Todd Howard-esque you can scale every mountain and touch every piece of grass in 5 zillion miles, well, we did that. Let's make games smaller and more interesting. And I say that as somebody who considers BoTW a masterpiece GOTY and one of the best ever. I just feel like my main pet peeve is even really really great games have these aspects that feel like time wasters.

If they kind of made the world a little more killer vs filler, shaving off say 30% of the travel time, to me that would be perfect for a sequel. The arms race to make the biggest most huge open world I feel has happened already, and now we gotta go another way to keep it fresh.

One of the main things that made Breath of the Wild compelling is that it was already doing this, and it's game world is actually comparatively small and just a lot denser than the game maps in things like later day Assassin's Creeds, Far Crys, Just Causes, Grand Theft Auto 5 etc. If you look at a list of the biggest maps in games, Breath of the Wild comes in at 28th, with 22 square miles of gameplay real estate compared to the 400 square miles of game world in something like Just Cause 3 released 3 years prior. Which is probably just the smallest map in that kind of game, with dedicated driving games, MMOs etc. having way larger maps again.

I can't say as I agree with the complaint personally, because I found the game map in Breath of the Wild interesting enough that wandering around it, doing side quests was really the main draw compared to the narrative. Which I only really paid attention to once I felt like I'd already done everything I was going to do (i.e. I couldn't find the last few shrines and didn't want to use an FAQ to tell me where they were) and I'm pretty sure that was both the common and probably intended experience. I suppose being able to sprint for longer would be nice, cause yeah I barely used horses too and found them kind of redundant since they were nearly always more hassle than they were worth and it's not like I was physically travelling around the game world in a specific direction for that long very often anyway, but it'd be a minor concern that I wouldn't care if the game fixed. I found weapons breaking so often far more annoying, and I'm honestly not even sure how you'd fix that as such since the weapons breaking so often is what makes you mess about with so many different weapons and I definitely don't just want to constantly be crafting a dozen new weapons that have only minor number increases in stats I don't give a poo poo about.

Amppelix posted:

no it would not have been lmao

i have no idea why everyone really wants the ability to be yelled at by 13-year olds online

the stickers communication system in triforce heroes is literally the perfect amount of interaction i want to have with strangers online. if you're playing with friends just get on a call

The best experience I've ever had with online multiplayer was Journey, and there was literally no way to communicate in that game beyond making chirps that don't really mean or signify anything beyond "look at me". The few times I played it and connected with another player for a while though, the other player was always really eager to show off a little tip they knew, or just wait around so that both of us could finish the area together.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It'll be interesting to see how/if the towns from BotW have changed. Hateno Village is visible in the last trailer and appears mostly unchanged other than a tree being replaced by one of the green swirl things and mysterious sparkles on the ground. I have to imagine they didn't just leave them mostly untouched. Also hope they added new locales.

Was kinda hoping this game would be set long enough after BotW that the world would have begun to rebuild but so far it doesn't look like that'll be the case :(

I wonder if your house will still be there in Hateno Village? Or if the town you sponsored will exist?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, it's mostly just shrines, koroks, and bokoblin/lizalfos camps. It's just that "collectathon in open world game" feels much better when the world looks/sounds good.

The durability mechanic also incentives it - you need a steady drip of gear, so exploring isn't entirely optional.

I don't know that I agree with this, and while the constant drip feed of new gear, shrines, Korok seeds and battle fill the moment to moment gameplay loop effectively to keep you constantly engaged with the game, I do think the world itself is filled with enough content to make it interesting beyond those things on a longer hour to hour basis. I also think part of it is that Breath of the Wild engages the player in exploration differently than most open world games. In most games of that type you open a map, find what you want or need at any given time (stat increase, plot mission, weapon upgrade etc) and head towards that, often via fast travel to bypass most of the map and maybe, maybe you'll find an interesting diversion along the way, but you mostly know what you're doing, where you're doing it and how it'll reward you from the moment you open the map.

On the other hand, in Breath of the WIld, you see something and go "Ooooh, what's that" and then head towards it to find out what it is, and on the way you find shrines, seeds, weapons, fights etc. to fill the journey, but you have no idea what you're heading towards or what getting there will mean, so you're doing it purely for the sake of exploration. And a lot of the time, you might take hours to reach that original destination, not because it's a long way away, but because you found such interesting diversions or saw some other, completely different interesting destination while traveling and headed towards that instead. Which makes exploration it's own reward within the game. More than that, I do think there's enough things beyond that moment to moment gameplay to fill the world. There's the horse encampments with weird characters and side quests and a handful of villages of course, but there's also a lot more that the game never blares about and leaves you to find on your own with the proviso that this means you might just miss these things entirely.

One of my favorite memories of the game, and of gaming full stop really, is wandering across that huge bridge towards the south of the map after what must have been 30+ hours of gameplay (because I'd headed north once I left the Great Plateau to find out what the huge floating platform was) and then spotting something weird out of the corner of the camera, turning and going "wait...is that a loving DRAGON!?!" because at no point in any trailers, Treehouse Lives, reviews etc. had I seen anyone mention anything about dragons (note: I played it immediately upon release and without much interaction online once I started playing). Nor did I have any context for what it was, and wouldn't for a good while after that because it's just not something the game rams in your face. It was left up to me to realize it had a regular and specific route, then find a high point that I could glide off and wait for it to pass and it still meant nothing beyond "OOohhhhh, pretty!" and it'd be a while more before I found out there were upgrades involving their scales. Until that point they were just an oddity that I was left to interact with completely on my own terms and with no greater context.

I had much the same experience with the Lord of the Mountain stag god thing, and recall regularly seeing a glow on one part of the world while scanning the horizon before finally setting to find out what it was after dozens of hours in the game. The game wasn't pushing me to do so, there was no explicit reward for doing so beyond "I wonder what that is" and no obvoius way to find out because I didn't know what the timing was. I just had to watch out for it, then try and get there asap when it was glowing. At which point I found out there was a weird glowing horse, and it went from "what's causing that glow?" to "what is that?" and, perhaps more imporantly "can I tame it?". And again, no obvious path forward laid out by the game, you just have to explore trial and error to find out what makes it skittish and how you can tame it.

The world map is filled with oddities like that, things you can spot from a decent vantage point and go "wait...what IS that?" and then head towards. You'll find plenty of things along the way to divert you, but you always have a destination in mind, you usually physically travel a lot of it rather than mostly bypassing the map entirely via fast travel and there's never usually any actual context for that destination beyond "wait...what IS that?". What is that huge cube out on an island? Why is that spit of land forming a weird little swirl? Wait...what's that music? Run away, run away! What are those overgrown ruins? Why is there one huge pillar of rock standing out on it's own? What's inside that persistent cloud of darkness? Hey cool, a centaur...Oh jesus gently caress, run away, run away! Why is this village so completely different looking to every other settlement? And so on.

Beyond the world having a lot of mysterious objects to draw the eye, the world also is left ambiguous enough that it leaves the player to form their own story to a large degree. So there's huge skeletons, ancient ruins of different styles, those dragons etc. And little context for any of it, leaving the player to wonder about all of it as they wander around, forming their own story as they formulate plans for how to tackle those things they've found but can't properly interact with yet. Which includes higher level areas enemies have chased them out of of course (with no actual explicit "this is a level XX area" marker), but also things like the dragons and the Lord of the Mountain too. Breath of the Wild has one of the best constructed game worlds in my experience, and it's packed with major and minor things to engage the player so that you're never more than maybe 30 seconds from something diverting, be it something that'll only fill a few seconds like a battle or one that'll fill hours as you try to figure out how to interact with it.

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 18, 2023

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

FooF posted:

Yep, exact same experience. Just sat there with a poo poo-eating grin in awe of how there is a 500 foot-long dragon flying in the sky. I didn't know if it was a roaming boss enemy (a la the Weapons from Final Fantasy) or what. Then it got closer and started spitting electric balls everywhere and, of course, I watched it go under the bridge and I tried to jump on it. It was literally a case of "there be dragons here" and I was 10 years old again.

BotW captured a sense of wonder that I can't recall any other game really getting close to. Getting off the Plateau and just standing there going "I can go...anywhere..." and having a million different locations screaming at you to check them out was/is one of the coolest moments in my very long video game career. I don't know how the sequel will be able to re-capture that but I hope it tries.

I'm so glad that the dragons in Breath of the Wild aren't roaming bosses or anything, and don't even acknowledge you even when you shoot them because it made the setting feel so much bigger and Link feel so much smaller that there are some things that are just beyond your ability to affect and the world cycles on regardless of the current story.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Yes, but ultimately the answer to every "what's up with ________ cool landmark?" is either "shrine" or "korok." Ultimately it's a game that doesn't have much gameplay variety. Still an all-time fave, but I think it might play differently to someone not intrinsically motivated by the game's sense of zen.

The answer isn't either "shrine" or "Korok" because the question was not "what's my digital or gameplay reward for doing this?" but "what is that thing?". The answer is in the world building and lore that exploring it reveals, and the in game reward is just a bonus for the most part; not the actual incentive. I find that kind of a weird argument though honestly, because if you reduce things that far then almost no game has much variety in incentive since almost every game rewards the player with the same handful of things to incentivize further gameplay; be it costumes, XP, coins or whatever. I'm fine with the game not having much variety personally because the things it does it does well and doing a few things well is preferable to doing a lot of things but most of them being mediocre because the developers spread themselves so thin. Which is what almost always happens when a game tries to have a lot of different gameplay options.

Ytlaya posted:

What exactly do you have in mind here? I'll see interesting looking environments, but I more or less know what's going to be there. Towers, shrines, and one of the few towns/stables are the only things that really stand out when looking at a particular vista. I think that one island (where you lose your gear) might be the only time I've been rewarded with something truly unexpected upon traveling somewhere.

I don't know that I can explain it much further than I already have. When I saw the giant cube off in the distance I knew that there'd almost certainly be a shrine involved in some fashion, but finding out what it was and contained, what it's lore in the setting was, getting to explore it and so on is a lot of fun regardless of what the actual reward is. The map in Breath of the Wild had a lot of shrines and seeds and so on, but the wrapping around what contained them was almost always intriguing and that container kind of matters regardless of what's in there.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Why is this village so completely different looking to every other settlement?
Don't know what this one is referring to.

There's a small fishing village on the bottom of the map that doesn't really look or feel like anything else in the world, with odd iconography around it and stuff from what I recall. Which I remember finding intriguging because it suggested yet one more civilization that was off doing it's own thing at some point.

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 19, 2023

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Khanstant posted:

music is just a pillar of the series, but they seem to have forgotten that and have been treating it as just an optional thing

I doubt it was forgotten with Breath of the Wild at the very least, and it seems more likely it was deliberately ignored. One of the main concepts behind Breath of the Wild seems to have been to forego the usual elements that created the rut the series had been retreading for 3D games ever since Ocarina of Time, and instead including only the most basic elements of the franchise and then building an entirely new frame on them. So it wasn't just musical instruments that got the boot, it was the familiar retread of accessories like the boomerang, hookshots etc. Some stuff did make it back in, but in a much different or reduced form. There were boomerang weapons, but they were just breakable pickups you found all over the place, there were bombs, but not tied to a bomb bag you had to upgrade over time and so on.

Personally, I'm okay with that. I loved the ocarina in Ocarina of Time, and the baton in Wind Waker was fun too but I don't need every game to feel obligated to include something similar just because it was something I enjoyed in the past and it's been added to a checklist of "must have" elements. Give me cool new things instead of obligatory variations on old things. I just hope the cycle doesn't repeat and Nintendo don't spend the next 20 years retreading Breath of the Wild before someone realizes "You know, we could do something...different instead?" It's great that they're expanding things a bit with a direct sequel, but I hope they're ready to move on and try something new again after that for the next system. They don't need to be as extreme in making it different, since it's only been 2 games doing the same thing over 6 years and not a half dozen over 20 years, but it'd still be nice to see them go "do we need climbing on everything? How about an open world? What can we do different now?"

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 11, 2023

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The simple solution is to just listen to a podcast or music of your own choice while you gently caress around in the overworld so that it's choice of music barely matters, and the general SFX are far more important.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Khanstant posted:

You should make your own songs you teach to a scarecrow who will rearrange them to suit the mood and time of day. Most people aren't good at composing original music, literally because Zelda games have never taught them. We'd all be composing geniuses by now if Nintenso cared at all about its obligation for music education.

I mean, Nintendo tried; it's just our fault for failing them, I guess? :shrug:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You don't really "need" to do anything as such, by design, and there are a whole host of places you can go and things you could do to get stronger and go back to kick the poo poo out of those lizards. Just pick a direction or destination, and off you go really. If Kakariko Village sounds intriguing, then that's as good a place as any. I don't know if you have any idea where it is yet, but if you do, then go for it. If not, don't. If you do go for it, and find yourself getting distracted on the way or like it's just being too annoying to find or reach due to enemy difficulty, then there's a whole slew of other things you can do to build yourself up to reach there eventually. The game is pretty open ended that way.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Captain Hygiene posted:

I do recommend finding Hestu at some point. I managed to completely miss him in my first playthrough, even following the game's recommended intro path, but the stuff you get from him is pretty necessary in the long run.

I didn't entirely miss him on my one and only playthrough, but I didn't actually talk to him until long after the game expects you to do so. I don't know how far into my game it was, but it was probably over 100 hours in, and I could have sworn I'd already gone over that area he's in at some point but just somehow missed him. It did mean that I had a gently caress ton of faerie poop I could trade for upgrades by the time I did find him, and was able to quickly grab a lot of upgrades on the trot though, which was nice.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I think he only lets you do two or three upgrades at the first spot then he fucks off to his main location.

Yeah, I already had the main location done though if I recall; so I was able to track him down and keep trading if memory serves. It also meant I got to see his little dance quite a few times on the trot; both a blessing and, after enough of them, kind of a curse. I wonder what fascinating little moments like that Tears of the Kingdom will include. Link's joy when cooking, Hestu's dance, there are probably other examples I'm forgetting of little character beats you see a lot that just make the game more endearing. Maybe they'll have a dog petting animation in this one? They won't gently caress that up twice, surely?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hedrigall posted:

7 weeks before BOTW we got the huge trailer

I really want a TOTK-focused direct soon but on the other hand I want to see nothing else until it's out

I don't really care about spoilers personally, so even more than a Direct I'd love something like the Treehouse shows from E3 that Nintendo did for Breath of the Wild, with one or two of the game's staff chatting to a Nintendo playtester or whatever they were as they ambled about one little corner of the map showing off various foundationary systems. I loved watching those, and they're what convinced me to get the game since I'm not huge on Zelda and have missed or only partially played a good few of the games.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The Golux posted:

He's supposed to be a cocky rival but yeah he's an enormous dickhead

Are there any "cocky rival" characters that aren't enormous dickheads? Vegeta is probably the most famous and beloved example of the archetype and he's fun, but he's also still an enormous dickhead for the most part.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cartoon Man posted:

Question number one. In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, who wants to gently caress Link?

What an obvious trick question; the answer depends entirely on how much of a shipper you ask.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Khanstant posted:

link needs a webslinger

Tears of the Kingdom giving Link a hookshot that can attach basically anywhere later in the game once you've done a good bit of climbing would be pretty dope.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hogama posted:

Link gets a "Reverse Magnesis" function and it launches him face-first at surfaces.

Link has a metal face? Wouldn't he fly crotch first due to a belt or something? Just hip thrusting his way up a mountain :heysexy:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Khanstant posted:

My uncle leaked me the trailer from tomorrow and people are not going to be ready for Link's new voice actor or how much he cusses. Still I think JB Smoove actually fits the character really well

I mean, the biggest issue with Breath of the Wild was that while Zelda got some really nice characterization through cutscenes as a bit of a dork completely out of her depth but refusing to give up, Link was just the usual blank for the audience to fill in however they want, so Tears of the Kingdom having the balls to give him any character at all would be a breath of wild air; even the slight character mostly inferred for Samus in Metroid: Dread. I think the reception to Samus having a voice and character in Metroid: Other M spooked them on giving their silent leads a voice and any definite character for good though.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
No hookshot to Spiderman around Hyrule, but the ascend ability allowing you to turn into Señor Pink and swim through mountains is pretty dang good regardless. It doesn't even seem to take stamina, so you can presumaby swim through huge ranges of rock if there's a ceiling and make getting to the top of poo poo a bit easier and more cinematic. loving around with making poo poo seems like it'll be a blast too. I wonder if they'll do more of these short gameplay vids to show off other new systems since all the focus has been on the sky islands when there's obviously caves. Will there be a descend power too?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This looks loving awesome. They’re doubling down on durability and expanding it with fusing this is going to loving rule

Yeah, they basically just went "well, poo poo's gonna break anyway; what can we do with that to make it more fun instead or removing it completely?". I wonder can you fuse the Master Sword with things? Just fuse it with the dumbest poo poo. Can you fuse the Master Sword with a Korok "seed"?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

a.lo posted:

fusing the dog and horse together

If you fuse a horse and a cucco do you get a chocobo? Can Squenix sue at that point? Me? I'm gonna fuse a cucco and a lynel to make the ultimate monstrosity, then poke it from across the map using a 20 mile length of fused sticks and watch the chaos unfold from atop a sky island.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, what? I missed it or forgot about it in the meantime too, then.

It's this bit of the second trailer.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Unlucky7 posted:

It looks like you can also see a bit of the fuse ability in one of the scenes after that, specifically the quick cut on the Talos fight. It looks like Link is using a stick or some other weapon fused with a cannon.

They were hiding it all in plain sight.

Zeltik or one of the other YouTube Zelda lore guys did a breakdown of the trailer that mused about the possibility of creating fused weapons based on that Talos scene, yeah.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

hatty posted:

As long as it keeps the Wii U tag

I don't know; several others seem appropriate.

Link: An obvious one.
Metal Gear: Aspirational for what people want to build. Gonna pritt-stick me a whole new Divine Beast using some guardians and Gorons!
Cars: Again, we all know we're gonna make at least one then bomb around Hyrule Field crusing for cuccos.
Slimes: Green slime seems to have a role in the game, and chuchu jellies are basically Dragon Quest slimes anyway
Food: Link's favorite past time deserves a shout.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

New non-shieka towers are also interesting

I do like that the new method of finding someplace to work towards is to just jump off a sky island and see what looks interesting as you plummet towards the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Unlucky7 posted:

I am willing to bet there will be a replacement for bombs if the sheika slate is completely scuttled; Like bringing back the bomb bag and have them as a consumable again, or we will get a bomb ability for Link's magic hand.

I'm presuming you'll just fuse some stuff to get bomb equivalents, or possibly that you can just pick up bombs off enemies ala boomerangs as a common drop in Breath of the Wild. Red chuchu jelly and a pot or some other kind of container making a bomb seems about as sensible as anything else.