Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Rime posted:

Havok Physics is going to make this game amazing. :allears:

https://fat.gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel.webm

this is really cool but I wish the little 'tree branch' id didn't show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I read someone describing this and thought 'no way it's that cool' and actually it turned out to be cooler

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So what's the over/under on this being possible in Breath of the Wild

I hope its in and I hope it allows crazy sequence breaks and movement tricks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and yet I bet you anything it'll be a tight coherent package, something link is known for

for real the last time I was this excited about a zelda at e3 was when I was a tween with a nintendo website downloading wind waker videos from nintendo's 'media server' which made me feel very important

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Link's cat mario ability looks cool, but way too slow

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah in a jrpg if you miss out on the story you're missing a big part of the game, in zelda, not so much

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

chaos rhames posted:

Be careful about imagining potential, you'll overhype it and not enjoy the game as much as you would.

this never happens to me with zelda*
*i never played skyward sword

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Overemotional Robot posted:

BoTW is giving me the same feeling I had seeing articles and Space World screenshots of Zelda 64 back in the day. This idea of an expansive, sprawling world to get lost in is finally a reality!

when I heard about zelda 64 I didn't know who link was, I thought zelda was the attractive girl in green you played as

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

alternatively it'd be interesting to see a modern take on the super dense but very focused world of MM. take a break from the wind waker style for a while

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Maybe Nintendo fired all their graphic designers which is why all their box art comes from soup cans and cereal and lotto tickets now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

wow is there a game from 1991/92 that has aged better than AlttP? Jesus Christ

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Super mario world.

that was 90/91 tho :)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I think that they could make a game like ALBW and have it be awesome like 20 years after ALTTP came out is proof that ALTTP has aged very well. Like, I don't think people understand the concept of aging well

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

my thoughts are you have to take old games on their own terms, so like, you wouldn't say LoZ sucks cause it doesn't have 8 way run- cause the game is very well balanced around the 4 way system. if that makes sense.
thats a separate issue from the aging thing, but yeah.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Detective Eyestorm posted:

i would definitely say this

but like what I mean is if you can't make that mental adjustment to more primitive systems you won't be able to enjoy the games on their own terms. which is fine I guess, it just doesn't seem like a fun way to approach old games to me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

aaaa so sick

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

check back tomorrow

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

It's the original Link amiibo for Smash Bros.

Epona's stats are max'd out, with max bond, and a gentle temperament.

Supposedly it's a one-time summon as well, so get your arse to the Stables pronto to register him before you get him killed.

epona is a girl, just like link

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Raserys posted:

How load times are between the wii u and the switch?

i just got done playing ffxv and wow the wii u zelda load time is so much better. just like, an open world comparison

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

You guys did all that work? I just paraglided down onto one from above :haw:

this is how i mount everything

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I love the little things in this game.

Like when you teleport to Kakariko or Hateno, you don't just teleport there. You teleport to a shrine above the town (or the lab in Hateno) and hang glide into town. I look forward to it every time :3:

hellll yeah its so sick

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Andrast posted:

If dungeons are the thing you want in your Zelda games it's not very surprising that this game isn't your thing.

if you go around w/the main goal of unlocking shrine warps on the map, and then do like 4 or 5 shrines + maybe a beast or a labryinth in a row its about as much content as a traditional dungeon, albeit w/that repetitive look to it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Patter Song posted:

I first played Twilight Princess on the HD version last year. I had avoided it previously because everyone always said it was awful. Sure enough, it had long boring sections at the beginning...but then its dungeons and boss fights rapidly propelled it to my favorite 3D Zelda, even over Wind Waker. I'm a bit nervous about typing this, because I know saying you prefer Twilight Princess to Wind Waker is heresy.

I enjoyed playing Twilight Princess HD last fall WAY more than I've enjoyed Breath of the Wild so far. Maybe I'll come around on this. I want to like this game.

when TP gets going the dungeons are really excellent, its true. but try balancing your exploring/shrine playing differently in botw if you want it to be more like a normal zelda structure, thats what worked for me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't mind time limits in most games, the one in Majora's Mask is just bad and makes you feel like everything you do is pointless.

gently caress yes. i love majora's mask for this reason

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I love my horses TSwift and Sephiroth

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you can sometimes light their feet on fire

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Eventide was so loving badass I loved it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

For the next thing they do with this engine, just a series of island sized dungeon puzzle things like eventide you sail around Wind Waker style. Hellll yeah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

maybe gimme some rad islands and a talking boat? just a thought

e: more rad islands cause of course eventide owns

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 20, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

dodongo's cavern in oot was where the gorons went to get tasty rocks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Kashuno posted:

How forgettable are these bosses though? If you tell me "The boss of OOT (blank) Temple" I'm going to immediately remember the fights with Phantom Ganon, or Volvagia, or Bongo Bongo, but if someone is like "The boss of the Rito Divine Beast" I don't remember a single thing about that fight, or any of the Divine Beast bosses at all.

I know exactly what you mean. There were some good fights in BotW but they're not really memorable. Maybe its harder to make memorable 3d bosses these days in this post souls world i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i liked the korok trials. the stealth one was cute and i wasnt in a rush so it was easy