Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh I can use stasis on monsters :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Do I get a cool rear end glider that lets me go anywhere without fear and is the world enormous with absolutely no limitations except those imposed by the very basic concept of the physical limits of the game's universe filled to the brim with nooks and crannies that yield rewards that are useful throughout the entire game or simply cool vistas or settings and that encourage exploration in an organic and interesting way?

it's possible for both games to be good for different reasons you giant dork :rolleye:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Lol your loss. I'm not sure what the hell would make it seem like garbage.

Hyperbole

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Jehde posted:

Horizon seems like GOTY bait. Breath of the Wild seems like GOTY.

I think Horizon is super cool, especially for its place in the industry, and people should probably play it if they have the means... But comparing it to Breath of the Wild seems a bit silly.

What the gently caress does "GOTY bait" mean?

Like does enjoyment of one diminish the other?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

IIRC it doesn't take durability hits or drain when fighting cannon corruption bad guys or in dungeons...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

But you already own a Switch?

:golfclap:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Just sell your gems I bet you have a million of them and your not gonna use them for anything

Yeah this, if you can't let go just keep one of each kind.

Except Diamonds, don't sell those.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Can you keep playing after you beat Gannon? Do Blood Moons still happen?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I mean after the credits and everything it goes back to the title screen and your most recent save will be right outside the final room with a star on your save file. There's no, like, saved Hyrule to go back to with no enemies or whatever.

Ok cool.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

parallelodad posted:

Game grumps just did the notorious Yiga part everyone complains about. They are known for being especially bad at videogames most of the time. They beat the section on their first try.

i like the banter but holy crap do i sometimes feel like screaming at the screen "it's right over there!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I wish more weapons had a charge like the Master Sword

Is that even a spoiler any more?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Are there any "tricks" to triggering a Blood Moon? I feel like I haven't had one in like a game week.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

parallelodad posted:

I think the more you kill the more likely one will happen.

Literally just had one after I posted.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh god silver bokoblins with fire arrows on horseback :gonk:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

RFX posted:

Is there any use to the Hylian Armor or disadvantage to the Soldiers Armor that I'm missing? The Soldiers Armor has the higher defense, so I'm thinking there is also some downside, especially since most videos seem to have Link wearing the Hylian Armor. As far as I can tell, you just occasionally have to switch off the Soldiers set for lightning, but that's such a fast and short switch its barely a disadvantage.

Hylian pants go better with the champion's tunic.

Hylian hat/pants with tunic for life.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I like the look of soldiers armor with the Hylian hood.

This is also a good look.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

Hinox with a monocle.

so a minion :crossarms:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Doesn't BAE Sidon strongly suggest you use your special power to stop the ice attacks?

Is this a thing? People missing insanely telegraphed instructions.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also don't neglect nomming down on a +ATK food item beforehand. Cooking 5 bananas makes an insanely good +ATK dish.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think it's tied to divine beast completion. I like them because they drop gems.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Spergatory posted:

As I got impatient with sneaking up on horses, I came up with a somewhat less humane, more 'interesting' way of getting them into a mountable position; freezing them with ice arrows. :sweatdrop:

Dropping apples around where they are at works as well. Got a 5 star speed horse from that place mentioned up thread thanks thread!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

There was a glitch with this at one point but I think the patch fixed it. If you're still having trouble with it you can reset it by holding down the girl gamer button for at least 12 seconds.

"girl gamer button"

:what:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

a.lo posted:

Do whatever, idiot.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Why would you sneak around interaction with the best character in the game?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

It is kinda dumb that as soon as you get off the plateau, you can grab a pot lid and clear out every guardian around the castle with very little risk and no resources spent.

*Assuming 100% perfect timing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Datel Powersaves for Amiibo. It's loving great. $25 at a local GameStop.

You can even keep randomizing the serial number in case you want to scan the same amiibo over and over again in one day.

Yeah this.

Screw locking DLC behind limited run tchotchkes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I mean... I'd buy the amiibo if it was actually in stock at the store!

Yeah this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ProjektorBoy posted:

Be more sanctimonious about it. That'll win 'em over.

Anyway, I may possibly be in the minority here, but ever since roughly Majora's Mask I've read all Gorons as variants of The Macho Man Randy Savage and I've yet to find any errors.

Hi. It's his (terrible) gimmick.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Seconded

Edit:

Just curious, has anyone tried to go strictly overland from, say, the Hawa Koth shrine (bottom left corner of the map) to the Akkala Lab (upper right) without warping? Any word on how long such a journey would take?

Just did it. Akkala to Hawa Koth: ~23 minutes but that's with hoofing it to Garudo Town sans sand seal.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

did you at least have the sand shoes? and why not get a sand seal?

No and are they any on the north end of the desert?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What horse did you use for it? You can probably cut a good amount of time by using a Lord of the Mountain for this but getting one then riding to Akkala before you begin may be annoying.

I used the amiibo Epona. I spurred her every time the fourth spur regenerated.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

who is this person and why should i care about their edgemaster video?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Norns posted:

Guys a random dude on youtube doesn't think Zelda is good enough!

and made a 2 hour (:chanpop:) video about it

not that there aren't things to critique about botw but the whole thing reeks of clickbait...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lol are you the guy?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That 2 hour review is dumb as gently caress here's a 10 hour video that's infinitely better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOR_6QBkBGs

:bisonyes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unmature posted:

Jesus Christ I need 13 hearts for the master sword?

It really isn't that much of a burden.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

^^^Someone else in this thread had the same silly race idea, and from the same start and finish?
Just took a new route and shattered my time. Only had some minor difficulties with a molduga and my horse's (lack of) cooperation. New time 24:52.31.

Yes I went from the Akkala research facility to the desert great fairy fountain using only a horse and sand seal in just over 23 minutes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Spergatory posted:

So after 120 Shrines (again) and all inventory space upgrades, I decided it was time to face Ganon for the second-- and, for now, final-- time.

This time, I wanted it to be... poetic. So I reforged all the Champion Weapons and put them in my inventory, but I didn't use them. Nor did I use any of the Champion Abilities. Not at first. No, for the Castle proper, I used all my Guardian farming to max out my Ancient Gear and buy a full supply of Ancient Weapons, and went into Hyrule Castle as some kind of terrifying automaton killing machine. Not a single turret or Guardian Flyer was left in one piece. Shiekah technology tore itself apart that day, so that evil could use it no more. For Calamity Ganon's first phase, I fought him with the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, as every good Link should. But when he went into his second phase, I went into mine. He put his shield up, and I turned on all four Champion Abilities, traded the Hylian Shield for the Daybreaker, and the Master Sword for the Champion Weapons. This time, my friends and I were going to beat up Ganon together. So the Daybreaker bounced Ganon's laser back at him, and the Great Eagle Bow followed it up with a volley of Ancient Arrows. When he crawled up the walls, Urbosa's Fury knocked him down and the Scimitar of the Seven greeted him at the bottom. When he swung at me, his might broke against Daruk's Protection, shortly before the Boulder Breaker broke against his face. I... well, okay, so the part where I struck him a few times with each weapon and then just loving threw them at his face so they would break, that wasn't exactly poetic. But he didn't have that much health left, and I thought it was important that everyone got their turn. :colbert: Fittingly, I struck the final blow by jamming the Lightscale Trident into Ganon's forehead. I thought it kind of a shame that Mipha and Revali's champion abilities didn't get to see any action, but then, the fight wasn't over.

Things against Dark Beast Ganon went smoothly, until the very end of the fight. Trying to get myself into a good position to hit the glowing weak point on his underside, I accidentally steered myself into the path of a beam that all the lashing of my 5-speed horse couldn't get me out of. Fortunately, Mipha was there to patch up my wounds one last time. Sadly, she couldn't do the same for my horse. So when the final weakpoint made its appearance on his forehead, there was really only one thing left to do. Revali's Gale carried me into the sky, and the Bow of Light delivered the final blow.

Tomorrow, I pass the Wii U, and this game with it, along to my little brother to enjoy. I've had my time with it. I'll be writing up a post with my final thoughts pretty soon, but the long and short of it is; I have never gotten lost in a game the way I've gotten lost in this one. Me giving it to my little bro is one part altruism, one part self-defense. I know myself. If I kept this game, I would keep devouring it until there was nothing left, and this just isn't a game you were meant to do that with. I want there to still be things to discover when Hard Mode comes around. I want to leave a chance, if only a small one, to get lost again.

Post username combo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Barreft posted:

Rain is the most annoying goddamn thing in this game. You can't light any color torches, you can't climb, if it storms makes sure you have all wooden poo poo. And then you just zone to someplace you can sleep so it goes away.

Like Stamina is annoying enough but I'm cool with that challenge, but just.. ARGH. I was just going up a mountain to get to a tower and it starts raining and I fall down of course, so off I go to teleport to Kakariko and sleep until it's gone. That's not a challenge just an annoyance. Unless I'm missing some way you can scale things while it's raining.

Step 1: loving rain.
Step 2: Port to somewhere I can sleep.
Step 3: Go back and do what I was doing.

It's not even a challenge.

Post/avatar combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

it's about ethics in amiibo distribution