Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is Aliza the only person not thirsty for Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Revali is an rear end in a top hat.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Riju is also not thirsty for Link, cause she's like 12.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I thought only the fish lady and the shiekah girl gave a poo poo at all

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Robbie. Robbie just wants to gently caress dat oven

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty much all the Gerudo wandering around looking for husband consider him for a second before saying "Nah".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just did it. Akkala to Hawa Koth: ~23 minutes but that's with hoofing it to Garudo Town sans sand seal.

What horse did you use for it? You can probably cut a good amount of time by using a Lord of the Mountain for this but getting one then riding to Akkala before you begin may be annoying.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Just did it. Akkala to Hawa Koth: ~23 minutes but that's with hoofing it to Garudo Town sans sand seal.

Thank you! I appreciate your contribution to science!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What horse did you use for it? You can probably cut a good amount of time by using a Lord of the Mountain for this but getting one then riding to Akkala before you begin may be annoying.

I used the amiibo Epona. I spurred her every time the fourth spur regenerated.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Who cares

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

who is this person and why should i care about their edgemaster video?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

who is this person and why should i care about their edgemaster video?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guys a random dude on youtube doesn't think Zelda is good enough!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Norns posted:

Guys a random dude on youtube doesn't think Zelda is good enough!

and made a 2 hour (:chanpop:) video about it

not that there aren't things to critique about botw but the whole thing reeks of clickbait...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Botw good, so what

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BOTW has Sidon which makes the game GOAT

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Botw good, so what

It's even better with my pirated amiibos.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bum the Sad posted:

It's even better with my pirated amiibos.

Wai... gently caress!!!! NO!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Complains about reviewers not playing enough Zelda while whining abut Zelda after barely playing it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

and made a 2 hour (:chanpop:) video about it

not that there aren't things to critique about botw but the whole thing reeks of clickbait...

When I think clickbait, I think 2 hour long video critiques

Unmature posted:

Complains about reviewers not playing enough Zelda while whining abut Zelda after barely playing it.

He's apparently spent ~150 hours on it. How long is "barely playing it" nowadays?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Guy spends a month playing game, says it's one of the best game he's ever played, gives detailed criticism of parts he didn't like, mainly the shrines and combat system, backed up by examples, data and suggections it could be improved. FUCKTHIS EDGELORD VLICKBAITER>

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Again who is he and why do I care about his opinion?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Norns posted:

Again who is he and why do I care about his opinion?

A guy on the internet. Why do you care about anyone's opinion? Why are you posting on an internet message board?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CJ posted:

A guy on the internet. Why do you care about anyone's opinion? Why are you posting on an internet message board?

Becuse your posts aren't 2 hours long

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I care

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Who even is this guy and why should I sit through his two hour video?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Complaining that the video is 2 hours long on a game that maybe probably doesn't have THAT many problems is maybe okay. Or maybe actually, idk, just actually disagreeing with his points would be fine too.

Still really dumb to start complaining about innocuous things. Anyone can have a opinion and is free to express it. If you don't want to or care to listen, then just move on.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Lobster posted:

Who even is this guy and why should I sit through his two hour video?

Spend 2 hours playing BOTW instead

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
His complaints counter themselves so the whole thing cancels out into white noise.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

GobiasIndustries posted:

Spend 2 hours playing BOTW instead

Done and done.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

How do you turn "I liked the exploration but missed the long dungeons and better plots of previous zelda games" into a 2 hour long video

someone hire this man an editor

e: according to wikipedia, 23,710 words make it a "Novella"

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 15, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

grilldos posted:

His complaints counter themselves so the whole thing cancels out into white noise.

He says himself he was surprised that he never actually came to a solid consensus on the game, which I guess makes sense seeing as how it's still only been around a month or so since the game hit shelves. We usually don't see these these types of detailed analysis critiques until like, a year or so after a game has been out unless it's a real poo poo show ordeal like No Man's Sky where the entire internet feasts on the carcass of a maligned game.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

How do you turn "I liked the exploration but missed the long dungeons and better plots of previous zelda games" into a 2 hour long video

someone hire this man an editor

That's like 10 minutes of the video, most of it is about how the shrines were disappointing and the combat system is broken.

Bullet point summary for people too childish to respond to his actual criticisms:

Shrines:

- Majority of them are ion the 'meh' to 'bad' side rather than good.
- The shrines where you fight a guardian are all filler garbage
- The good shrines introduced a concept and expanded on it, or required the interaction of several mechanics.
- The bad shrines introduced an mechanic with a tutorial and that was it, or were insultingly easy like glide across a gap.

Combat:
- The way damage is calculated is fundamentally flawed by being additive, ie the damage calculation being enemy damage + weapon damage - armour.
- This leads to terribly balanced fights, where you take 0 damage if your armour is too high and get wrecked if it's too low. Also leads to silly situations like a bokoblin doing more damage than Ganon.
- The world scales with you but story segments like the guardians don't.
- As a result of the above stuff, he missed all the guardian boss fights on his first playthrough because he ended up one shotting them with with the master sword.
- There isn't enough enemy variety, the vast majority is bokoblins, lizards and moblins. There are some other enemies but they usually attack you alone. Would have been a lot more interesting if e.g. the assassins attacked you while you were fighting other stuff to make stuff interesting.
- Not being able to dodge when not logged on was terrible.
- The dodge flurry attacks were broken. Seems to be programmed to check for damage around you when you press the dodge button. This means if you anticipate an attack and time the dodge so you actually dodge it you don't get the flurry. In contrast if you move out of the way, wait for the enemy to miss you then press dodge it detects the attack hit box next to you and gives you the flurry even though you didn't actually dodge anything.
- Being able to eat an unlimited amount of food with no risk such as an eating animation trivialises things.
- Lack of weapon variety, they all share a very small pool of movesets.
- Weapon degradation has a nice flow at the beginning as you are constantly switching weapons, but as you progress it leads to problems such as making you feel bad about using cool weapons, discouraging you from switching weapons because it's better to break them one at a time and replacing them rather than having a bunch of near broken weapons.

Seems like he's talking about systemic isssues, but because he goes to the trouble of backing up what he says with examples people say it's nitpicking.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sorry I'm to childish to sit through something longer than a movie about something I've already invested a hundred hours of time into.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lol are you the guy?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CJ posted:

That's like 10 minutes of the video, most of it is about how the shrines were disappointing and the combat system is broken.

Bullet point summary for people too childish to respond to his actual criticisms:

Shrines:

- The good shrines introduced a concept and expanded on it, or required the interaction of several mechanics.
- The bad shrines introduced an mechanic with a tutorial and that was it, or were insultingly easy like glide across a gap.

Combat:
- The way damage is calculated is fundamentally flawed by being additive, ie the damage calculation being enemy damage + weapon damage - armour.
- This leads to terribly balanced fights, where you take 0 damage if your armour is too high and get wrecked if it's too low. Also leads to silly situations like a bokoblin doing more damage than Ganon.
- As a result of the above stuff, he missed all the guardian boss fights on his first playthrough because he ended up one shotting them with with the master sword.
- There isn't enough enemy variety, the vast majority is bokoblins, lizards and moblins. There are some other enemies but they usually attack you alone. Would have been a lot more interesting if e.g. the assassins attacked you while you were fighting other stuff to make stuff interesting.
- The dodge flurry attacks were broken. Seems to be programmed to check for damage around you when you press the dodge button. This means if you anticipate an attack and time the dodge so you actually dodge it you don't get the flurry. In contrast if you move out of the way, wait for the enemy to miss you then press dodge it detects the attack hit box next to you and gives you the flurry even though you didn't actually dodge anything.
- Being able to eat an unlimited amount of food with no risk such as an eating animation trivialises things.
- Weapon degradation has a nice flow at the beginning as you are constantly switching weapons, but as you progress it leads to problems such as making you feel bad about using cool weapons, discouraging you from switching weapons because it's better to break them one at a time and replacing them rather than having a bunch of near broken weapons.

Seems like he's talking about systemic isssues, but because he goes to the trouble of backing up what he says with examples people say it's nitpicking.
Nobody watched the two hour video so what makes you think they're going to read this long rear end post
Sorry nobody liked your two hour video that probably took you 20 hours to edit

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

lol are you the guy?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CJ posted:

Shrines:

Combat:

No one likes your video buddy, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
What if ganon had a gun?