Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I don't think that box art is real... in fact I think it is a fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

romanowski posted:

did they already delete it or something because i can't find it anywhere else

They never posted it, this is the box art from the official press kit that infinitum posted earlier in the thread.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I wanna ride around on one of those pigs.

I'm kinda bummed the monsters have health bars though, they should have hearts.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
This game has bomb arrows? I really hope there is a crafting system for items and such. I want bomb arrows, I want a million of them.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Link not being able to punch is a travesty and I demand that Nintendo fix this right now.

Also add in boxing gloves.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Kinda looks like the Great Plateau is floating? Also it's Castle Town from OOT?

I got that from HERE in case you're interested.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Evil Eagle posted:

13 hearts with the green tunic is basically 3 hearts. Ganon does so much damage and you have to spin attack to even hurt him with the l2 sword. It's awesome.

I did a minimalist run of A Link to The Past a few years ago, it was really fun. The hardest boss for me was Trinexx, gotta make sure you have a green potion.

I might actually try another later on this year, but I still wanna play through Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, and Link Between Worlds again. Working 50 hours a week sucks.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

frodnonnag posted:

Escaping the castle at the beginning of the game no longer requires the lamp.

I could have sworn I did this on the SNES version like 18 years ago

Skyward Sword is a good game and I enjoyed playing through it, but the motion controls were far from perfect. I honestly cannot blame anyone who had trouble with them

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Calaveron posted:

I'm actually replaying SS right now and I'll be damned if Tentalus isn't the stupidest looking boss ever

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium, bombs
N is for no survivors

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
These are the kinda complaints that led Nintendo to create Fi

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Shoehead posted:

I really hope I can grab a frog and hang out with the frog and bring him all over post-apocalyptic Hyrule with me and then maybe use him to reflect a lightning attack back at Gannon

When you pick up the frog you get frog legs as a cooking ingredient

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I hope this game has an achievement for petting all of the dogs because I am going to get it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I can't wait to play as Link and then turn into Zelda and play as her.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
RIP Castle Town

both of them

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Both girls we see are Zelda. Link and Zelda merge and you switch between them

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

greatn posted:

They said they couldn't make a girl link because this wasn't a cooking game.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I support the kinstone fusing quest

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I was in a local non-Gamestop buy sell trade game store the other day and noticed in their collection of SNES games a couple of Legend of Zelda carts that were not Link to the Past. I've been trying to remember what the hell their names were but quick Googling doesn't bring up anything. It was also interesting because they were about 80 bucks a pop so it wasn't something I could just pick up and see what the hell it was.

Probably BS Zelda, Parallel Worlds, and Goddess of Wisdom. They are ROM hacks (except BS Zelda that is from the Satellaview) in repo carts. $80 is too high unless they come with all the packaging, you can get just the carts on ebay for like $40.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I don't think you even save any data to the Amiibo after you beat the Cave of Shadows anyway

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

DalaranJ posted:

Is this art from Nintendo Power? Those buildings really remind me of the Castlevania 2 map I saw.

I believe it is from an old Zelda comic

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So which way are y'a'll gonna head first from the plateau?

First thing I'm going to do is jump off that cliff

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Bean posted:

I'm bad at Zelda 3

Bug Net + Bottles + Fairies

Also get good etc etc etc

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
The dude who was playing this in the Treehouse Live show pissed me off because he didn't try to pet that dog. What a motherfucker

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

ImpAtom posted:

In Zelda 2 he gets a bunch of magic spells including fireballs and turning into a fairy and whatnot.

I hope they bring this back in BotW

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Harrow posted:

Yeah, they're really tied to a specific set of characteristics for Link and for Zelda and I think they'd see a female Link as fundamentally not Link (hence Linkle's existence) and a male or even an adventuring Zelda as fundamentally not Zelda. Maybe that's also why any time Zelda actually does any adventuring herself, it's either under an assumed identity where she uses her magic to masquerade as a man (Sheik) or because she doesn't know she's Zelda (Tetra).

She went adventuring as herself in Skyward Sword just fine. Granted Impa did get involved at some point and helped her out.

Give me a game where I play as Impa, thanks.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Febreeze posted:

Variety is going to be key. I like the sound of 4 main dungeons and cojaffee is right that there are usually 2 really new, great dungeons per game and others tend to just exist so more time focused on smaller dungeon amounts will probably mean better dungeons

the 100 shrines doesn't ease my mind on the worry that most of the game will be filler though. A map that keeps getting talked about for how massive it is, and there are 4 dungeons? 100 shrines sounds great at first, but how do you make 100+ shrines not feel samey and dull by like shrine 30? How big are these shrines? Like a puzzle room like that one room in TP with the ice blocks? I keep picturing shrines like those random caves you'd find in OoT or MM, little holes in the ground with a single thing of interest, which is cool, but again, 100+?

Im worried most of the game is going to be wandering around looking for something genuinely interesting to do

I'm kinda worried about this too. If there are only four big dungeons and they are inside the giant robot animals I hope the insides aren't all the same.

I hope they don't take out Heart Pieces, if they do what other collectable items will we be searching for in the wild? Bugs, Poes, Shrines, and Korok?

VanSandman posted:

What would be neat is if heart pieces/stamina upgrades/magic upgrades were spread around the world somewhat at random and you could find them as you explore OR you could pay in-game rupees for the location of the next upgrade of a specific type.

bring back Tingle to sell me the maps please

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I can wait to find all 900 of those Korok and use their Seeds to make only the finest recipes

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Nephzinho posted:

Does anyone know the dimensions of the map? I have my Zelda 1 manual map framed on a wall, going to throw this one up next to it.

About this big

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Here is a spoiler: game is gonna be cool

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Who are Link's mom and dad? I wanna know. We get uncles, sisters, and grandmas yet no mommy and daddy

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
buy the amiibo please

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Cave of Trails is cool
Hard Mode is neat
Additional Map Feature!?!?!

New Original Story is cool
New Dungeon is cool
Additional Challenges??!?

Not really going to worry too much about it until they give more information about what each thing is

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
wait are people actually upset over the DLC? doesn't every game have DLC now?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Do you think Mario will have a cameo in this game? What about Luigi? I think salesman dressed up as Bowser would be cool, he could sell fire wands and fire arrows.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Down thrust is back baby

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Pretty sure gyro aiming is in even with the joycons separated

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
please don't spoil the fact that Link is really a girl

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
aw yeah, super deluxe guide here I come

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Ordered Art & Artifacts back in August and it hasn't even shipped yet, probably won't even get it until next week. What a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Cojawfee posted:

Where did you order it from?

Amazon, but I don't have that fancy Prime thing and I chose the cheapest shipping option. Wasn't expecting to get it on release day but I was hoping it would ship.

Mahoning posted:

Can't people just admit they want to collect toys and not try to hide it behind the fact that these amiibos do something useful?

They're not toys, you can't play with them!!