Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SMOKIN
SICK
STYLE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So what's the over/under on this being possible in Breath of the Wild

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I still don't know how I beat Zelda 2 when I was like 8.

loving Thunderbird boss man.

Before strategy guides before the internet. How the gently caress did I do that man.

You are a bit older then me, but I had a similar experince with Viewtiful Joe when I was 11. I used every character in the game to beat at least V-Rated, and beat Ultra V-Rated with Joe and Captain Blue.

I think if I tried playing VJ again I wouldn't be able to get past the first stage on Adults.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Shoehead posted:

:swoon: He is very pretty..

I think Nintendo's answer to "stop sexualizing the female leads" was "let's just sexualize every lead", and I for one applaud them for it.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 28, 2017

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 really that good???

For it's time? Abso-loving-lutely.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

That was the first game man. If you wanna talk THPS2 this is the essential song of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KhVTXKE1Y

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

well why not posted:

4 or Underground is a real highpoint too. It's a good series that just got way too stale. Few of the dozens of games are actively bad.

It's actually a real loving shame Neversoft went under after the whole Guitar Hero fiasco, they had a level of passion and talent you don't get from too many developers anymore.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

well why not posted:

Underground had cool levels and I liked having a rival as a motivation for career mode.

The hidden ending was immensely satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbHn7KU39k

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hace posted:

you know what, gently caress zelda

let's all play THPS5 instead!!!!!!

No, don't, it's awful.

Instead next time you are shield shredding down a mountain in Zelda start playing this in the background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC3who987Yg

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

There's a very strong chance I'm going to turn BoTW into the fabled good snowboarding game I've been looking for since SSX3 came out.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Does anyone else have a hard time getting the Pro Wii U controller to work on the Wii U version? Like whenever I start up BoTW I have to randomly sync it or pair it or... something until it works. I don't remember this problem for any other single player game that uses it, and I kinda need to because the R button on my pad doesn't work that well anymore.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

gently caress lynels.

gently caress LYNELS.

To think, NES era Link would usually have to fight like 6 blue Lynels at once

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

This game gets really, really sad once you realize the entire story is "All of your friends and family are dead and it's all your fault."

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

How does one avoid lightning? It one-shots me every time.

Don't equip metal things in a lightning storm.

Also on that note, don't equip wooden things in a Volcano (learned that the hard way)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I find myself actively looking for Stone Talus's to fight just so I can hear this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq4BPpmKetk&t=21s

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I haven't finished it yet and don't know how it ends, but apparently the "good" end leaves the door pretty open for some Post-Ganon story DLC so hopefully they go for it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Music Theory posted:

why can't you do this

If it makes you feel better you can do this instead

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My preferred method of lumberjacking is with the master sword

I also use it as a pickaxe

You are literally murdering Fi you prick!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why aren't there Champion pants?

I look like a dingus in my maxed out diamond circlet, tunic, and ancient pants.

Just use Hylian pants man, that's what Link does in the flashbacks

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So after the BoTW 2 announcement, I went back to kind of make a BoTW bucket list, one of those is Fully Upgrade the Armor of the Wild Set and where the bloody gently caress do you find that many Energetic Beetles help

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Yeah but I don’t wanna wear the exact same clothes as in the first game. Redesign poo poo! I mean you can already tell they redesigned the champion shirt giving it a leather chest guard and shoulder pads

They actually mixed in parts of the Hylian Armor set into it, which is a neat touch. It would be really cool if Link automatically puts the hood up when it starts raining or gets cold out.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Koji Kondo is an unparalleled master. For over a decade now he typically only personally composes one or two songs per game, instead overseeing the other composers, but that one is usually the best one in the soundtrack.

He did everything on MM2, which is why we got some real loving bangers from it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9adhFri3c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflGmkTq7Ow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSm6pXWrTk0

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

It's a sequel to a version of botw we never played, which takes place in a completely new alternative Zelda timeline

Age of Calamity?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Right, forgot about that lmao

Unless the arm being grabbed in like three frames of the announcement trailer is also Zelda’s and she’s prevented from actually falling in

plot twist; Zelda brutally ripped off Link's arm trying to grab him and that's why he got it replaced with some kind of malice fueled robot arm

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

I wish they’d made more mention of exactly how Zelda managed to keep Ganon contained in hyrule castle for a whole century. That’s a gigantic task, and worthy of something more than what we got.

Also the whole ageless thing, but that can just be part of whatever insane magic she channeled :v:

Pretty sure she was able to cast a stasis spell on Calamity, which caught her (and a good chunk of Hyrule Castle) in it as well. The Malice leaking out of the castle was probably the spell weakening.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Zore posted:

I guess it also depends on what you mean by mainline? Doki Doki Mario features Peach as part of the playable crew, ditto Super Mario 3D world.

She beat the poo poo out of people with a frying pan in Super Mario RPG, I feel like everyone forgets that

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I kinda hope we don’t get a sheika slate this time and they do something new.

Pretty sure Link's hosed up arm IS the Slate this time

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Electromax posted:

The dungeons in TotK will be 2D like those parts in Mario Odyssey where you turn 8bit on the wall for a while.

Don't threaten me with a good time

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A LoZ game where it’s years after BoTW- Link and Zelda have been married and have 2 children (son and daughter). The game focuses on the kids having to go on an adventure to save their parents. It can be played by a single person who switches between characters or by 2 people.

wait, isn't this just the second half of Dragon Quest V

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

hatty posted:

Trying to push their voucher program it looks like

I don’t wanna buy this game digitally NINTENDO

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

can't wait to get one hit-killed by this flaming dragon dude 20 minutes into the game

I’m pretty sure that’s the Dragon Boss from Zelda 1

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Okay, this would be epic, I hope you're right

e: going back and looking closely, all of the vehicles shown seem to have the green ooze holding them together in a pretty clear "this was built piece-by-piece" fashion. Good catch!

That giant cube boss from the trailer seemed to be powered by that green ooze or whatever as well. Wonder if those things will drop a power core or something?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Fi is just, not having a good time huh

edit:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Zelda holding the Sheikah Slate gives me a lot more hope that she'll be in a more active role this time around

Did anyone else notice that is not actually the Shiekah Slate

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 9, 2023

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

- HERE I AM

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

f#a# posted:

some of those sky structures look extensive enough to be more traditional dungeons

there's one that's just a big cube and i wonder what's inside

oh man i am excited

A big, floating Cube you say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuRpHkg0H8

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

i take it back about no real spoilers in the artbook, the nerds over at resetera have been dissecting it and holy poo poo :eyepop:

11 proper dungeons its looking like, separate from shrines. theres a place that requires 11 glyphs or something, "tears" probably. like a classic zelda item youd get at the end of each dungeon, and theres a big map room with a hyrule map in the ground with symbols showing where things might be. one of the symbols is the new slate which looks like a switch of course.

also names of the one of the characters is :eyepop:

to be honest, all of this has left me with far more questions then answers

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

it's crazy how nintendo is holding their cards so close to their chest with this game, three months from release. Nine months before BoTW came out we had the huge treehouse showcase which showed us the basic structure of the game, all of Link's basic items and how they worked, and basically worked as a microcosm of the entire game. with ToTK though, so much is still a mystery and the artbook leak has mostly just added more questions. I get that they're confident in this gameplay now and don't feel the need to do a big demonstration to sell people on the concept of open world Zelda, but it really feels like there's way more to this game than Nintendo is letting on

To be fair, as much as BoTW had a blowout of info, they still withheld a LOT. Like I don’t think they showed off any of the towns and villages for example.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Khanstant posted:

My uncle leaked me the trailer from tomorrow and people are not going to be ready for Link's new voice actor or how much he cusses. Still I think JB Smoove actually fits the character really well

All that time Link spent in the Shrine of Resurrection? He was really just recharging the Mitzvah. Gotta stay at optimal Mitzvah capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

dublish posted:

If development is finished, why the gently caress do I have to wait six more weeks to play this game? :argh:

you know it takes time to ship games to stores and stuff right