Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

spit on my clit posted:

wrong because twilight princess had midna

Wind Waker had [several] Tingles. You can't beat that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
that actually reminds me, did TPHD do anything to redeem it or is it pretty much the exact same thing with wiiu controls

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It looks slightly less brown now?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dizz posted:

Wind Waker had [several] Tingles. You can't beat that.

hell, any game with more than one tingle's gotta be good.

unrelated

https://twitter.com/MarachiiSoup/status/841579100577923073

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

that actually reminds me, did TPHD do anything to redeem it or is it pretty much the exact same thing with wiiu controls

You don't need as many light things when you're doing those terrible Wolf Link sections.

Edit: But there are still terrible Wolf Link sections.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

snoremac posted:

Twilight Princess is better than Wind Waker.

Fight me.

Let us meet on the battleground and settle this in an honorable duel.

:pusheen:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 15, 2017

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Inzombiac posted:

HAHAHAHAHA!

I am now the king of Guardian Riposte. Now going through Castle Town with a pot lid and just wrecking town.
Only issue is that my Goron shield power automatically ripostes before I can with my shield, wasting charges.

The best was getting a double shot off a stationary and a flying guardian.
I wonder if it's possible to beat the game only using a pot lid to parry attacks back at Ganon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You don't need as many light things when you're doing those terrible Wolf Link sections.

Edit: But there are still terrible Wolf Link sections.

Twilight Princess really frontloaded its awful content. Even the first 3 dungeons aren't that good, and the wolf sections that come before them are just awful.

Yhetee Mansion remains cool though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:swoon:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Twilight Princess really frontloaded its awful content. Even the first 3 dungeons aren't that good, and the wolf sections that come before them are just awful.

Yhetee Mansion remains cool though.

Yeah, Yhetee is good, but I really liked Arbiter's Grounds

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

why can't you do this

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
anyone else take way to long to realize the deal with those pillar-less major combat arenas

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I love Wind Waker's art direction and like the general mechanics (though they're a bit wonky) but after the Tower of the Gods it's really disappointing except for the wind dungeon and final boss. I loathe the Triforce Hunt, and Ganon's Tower feels patched together in a hurry. Even the story feels like there's a part missing, just sorta frozen in place between the Hyrule Castle segment and the ending.

I feel if you can press through Twilight Princess' suffocating opening it's consistently good from the first temple onwards. Better dungeons, items, characters and pacing.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Music Theory posted:

why can't you do this

If it makes you feel better you can do this instead

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

anyone else take way to long to realize the deal with those pillar-less major combat arenas

Yeah, those and the water ones just went over my head until I'd killed the thing already and looked around more closely. I just got really good at shooting it in the eye when it was spinning at me.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I ran into a Bokoblin camp in the far north of Akkala with five archers on an elevated platform with no stairs up, but for some reason every arrow they shot missed me. After running an entire loop around I got back to my starting point and realized what happened--it was pouring out, and the arrows I was picking up were bomb arrows. I baited them to farm more, and found out eventually missed shots don't persist to be picked up. Walked out of the encounter with 30 bomb arrows after their drops.

The best part is I think that area was entirely intentionally designed to do that; it rains a ton in Akkala, it was a total one-off spot with black bokoblins, and the only way I could figure onto the platform was cryosis in their little "moat" that only fills when it's raining

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Yeah, those and the water ones just went over my head until I'd killed the thing already and looked around more closely. I just got really good at shooting it in the eye when it was spinning at me.

I was just running it into walls for way too long

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Wind Waker had amazing combat, somehow despite being significantly more intricate I still find BotW to have inferior combat.

It also had the best music in the series and the best towns. Windfall Island is top notch Zelda village.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Wind Waker had amazing combat, somehow despite being significantly more intricate I still find BotW to have inferior combat.

It also had the best music in the series and the best towns. Windfall Island is top notch Zelda village.

It's probably just because BotW's combat balance is all over the place, while Wind Waker's is a little more controlled. Plus, rolling behind a Darknut to slice off its armor never gets old.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Seen about 4 or 5 memory scenes so far, man Zelda is just an infinitely more interesting character than Link.

By the way Lynels are pretty much the best enemies ever. They are so much fun to fight.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

When I saw the shield parry and the dodge mechanics way back when I thought "awesome, BotW is gonna have Wind Waker combat!"

It's a shame they didn't deliver on that. Flurry is cool the first few times and after that is just a way to make your damage numbers bigger.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Link, How are you doing on the divine beasts? Are you ready to help me fight Ganon?"

uhhhhhh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cojawfee posted:

"Link, How are you doing on the divine beasts? Are you ready to help me fight Ganon?"

uhhhhhh

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5z8y9q/how_zelda_probably_feels_during_links_selfies/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep mousing my way through this thread not really avoiding spoilers and sighing inwardly at myself for not liking the game :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ciaphas posted:

I keep mousing my way through this thread not really avoiding spoilers and sighing inwardly at myself for not liking the game :(

Not every game is for everyone. Don't waste your time on something you don't enjoy, and play something you do like Nier: Automata.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Soon as PoE gets its drat dirty scaly claws out of me again, that's the plan. :v:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Being able to lose items and weapons that enemies drop during combat was a special order given by Miyamoto so that players could experience the time he was humiliated on stage at E3 when a demo for Wind Waker bugged out and they had to end it early because the sword fell through the world geometry.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ciaphas posted:

Man if you don't like the game, you don't like the game. It's no big deal, you don't have to beat yourself up about it. Just move on and find something else that tickles your fancy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was kind of amused when I finished all the memories by Zelda's message.

"You are now ready to face Ganon!"

Whoa slow down their lady. I don't think my memories were really the important piece here. Kind of missing a Divine Beast still. Also the Master Sword. That's important right? I'm sure you can hold out a bit longer anyways. I mean, what is 1 more year on top of 100?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a correlation between shield sledding speed and the actual shield used, or should I just use whatever I've got that has a durability affix? aka using the hylian shield for everything

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Here's my Zelda story: Day one I decide I'm going exploring after hitting Hateno village, with four max hearts and nothing else. I saw an island out in the distance, and decide to use Iceblocks to get there. Four hours later I clear Eventide and walk away feeling like a god. Luckily I'm a big fan of Dark Souls levels of difficulty.

As soon as I got a champion ability I knew how badly I'd hosed up.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
As someone who travels almost entirely at night, I wish they had put Poe's in this game.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm really annoyed that I can't dye this hero's cap pink, damnit

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Caidin posted:

As someone who travels almost entirely at night, I wish they had put Poe's in this game.

Well, they did put in one.

Lastdancer posted:

I'm really annoyed that I can't dye this hero's cap pink, damnit

Gear you can't dye is the worst.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

You say this about twice a page it's getting tiresome.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Alright time for some serious zelda lore discussion.

I think if all the Links got in a big fight, Breath of the Wild Link would probably win. Dude gets crazy swole over the course of the game and has really strong gadgets.

edit: scratch that, Fierce Deity Link is basically the most hardcore motherfucker ever born, but I'm ok with disqualifying him.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 15, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
BotW Link would win for sure if he's allowed to bring a buffet table with him.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spirit Tracks Link would run them over with a train

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Is there a correlation between shield sledding speed and the actual shield used, or should I just use whatever I've got that has a durability affix? aka using the hylian shield for everything

None that I've seen. If you want to save on durability, limit your surfing to snow and sand. Regular ground and rocks kills it faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
four swords link would win because there are four of him