Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

we're getting full mario remakes are we not? or are you talking about that old wii anniversary "disc"

There's been precisely zero evidence of this ever and the rumor is months old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Of course its going to be segmented like any other musou. I don't see why that would be an issue, it's not supposed to be the same kind of game as BOTW.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol who owns a switch, is buying AoC and doesnt have a botw save on it.

Haha I just realized this applies to me since I played BOTW on the Wii U and didn't get a switch till later

Is there some bonus that unlocks if you have a BOTW save?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's definitely Windwaker Link

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cia I think does have a decent number of not amazing attacks, but her amazing ones are ridiculously strong and spammable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Playing as all the different characters is part of the appeal of these games. I can't imagine how dull it would be to just stick to the same one all the time even if that were possible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FWIW I'm almost finished with Age of Calamity (beat the story, doing some post game stuff now) and I do prefer the original. Mostly I find the progression systems in AoC to be more frustrating than fun. It's a lot more work to keep all the characters up to snuff and just be able to use whoever you want at a given moment. It is still quite fun overall though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Age of Calamity just came out

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah that's definitely people misremembering.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

Quoting this in hopes of a reply, as I would also like to know.

No there is no way to play those two games with only a Wii U, 3DS, and Switch. Four Swords Adventures is the good one but it's still trapped on Gamecube. Four Swords was temporarily rereleased on 3DS but if you didn't buy it then your only other option is the original GBA release, which also has no solo play. However this is really no great loss as the original Four Swords just isn't that good. FSA is good both solo and multiplayer and it's messed up they never rereleased it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Is the dlc the only way to get equipment for your horse to travel? Feel like I’ve been on foot or shield way more than I should be

You can also make use of the stable system if you have to abandon your horse somewhere. Not quite as convenient as the DLC teleport but still useful.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ooh I never actually used it either since I played the game before the DLC came out, and you're right I would've missed that too. The stables work fine for lots of horse riding.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

honestly when that smash trailer showed a guy carrying Ganondorf's body to the edge of a cliff, I thought we were starting strong with a BOTW2 with a new big bad.

alas!

That doesn't make any sense if you'd thought about it for any length of time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eldin Volcano drags skyward sword down so badly. It's the worst area, has the worst setpieces, and the two worst dungeons, one of which doesn't even get a unique bossfight. I love the desert and its dungeons, one of the forest dungeons is amazing and the other is just okay but its also the tutorial dungeon so whatever. But every trip to the volcano is just miserable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah it has to be the opposite there's absolutely no way they aren't aware of the complaints.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, I didn't feel like BotW's "tutorial" (if you can call it that) was overwrought at all, in fact I thought it was just right

Amppelix was employing the rhetorical technique known as "sarcasm"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I probably wouldn't play a game as big as BOTW if it didn't have fast travel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love that they went out of their way to CLEARLY show "Hey we promise items won't give you their descriptions every time" lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The hyrule warriors fight manages to be, in the context of that game, way worse than the skyward sword version.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

the thread is from before the switch reveal so there definitely wasn't a tag lol

Yep. This was the BOTW thread and BOTW is a Wii U game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm like 4 hours into skyward sword, does this game get good eventually because I'm a little disappointed in it

It has good parts, but overall no it's not great.

Get to the desert and see if its cool gimmicks are enough to hook you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's always an overworld section before each dungeon, but the desert ones are wayyyy more engaging than the first forest one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hatty posted:

I remember the volcano revisit being dire but I can’t remember why. Guess I’ll find out

Mandatory stealth section

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Has there ever really been an optional stealth section in a Zelda game

Sure, in Skyward sword itself there are the silent realms, which pretend they're stealth sections but can actually be run through if you're clever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

We can all agree Ancient Cistern is the best dungeon and Koloktos is the best boss in the game right?

The two desert dungeons are my favorites because I love the time gimmick. But Cistern is an easy 3rd place. Koloktos is for sure the best boss tho.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That boss is such a disappointment too because the buildup with the dungeon getting destroyed by tentacles is amazing and you're expecting a massive squid only to see... that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Runcible Cat posted:

Ugh god you just reminded me of Radiant Historia. I've never been so bored by an alleged "game" before.

:hmmwrong:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Runcible Cat posted:

Oh god no don't you gaslight me it was the most tedious thing in creation. No room for creativity in solving any problems; the makers want you to bellydance your way over the frontier so you will by god bellydance and like it. Can I kill these idiot loving bandits to get them out of the way and work out a way to fix that later when I inevitably need them for something else? Of course I can't everything must be done as scripted press those buttons and get on with it. Ugh.

Didn't help my temper that I really didn't enjoy the fighting mechanic either (and was crap at it).

its a good game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

It's literally mathematically impossible. Someone tried to beat Calamity Ganon with nothing but sticks and maxed out weapon inventory capacity. You can't do enough damage to kill him before all the sticks break

Ok so what's the weakest weapon you could have a full inventory of and kill Ganon, and has anyone done that? I'm with b_d, this is the kind of BOTW content I wanna see.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

New Gyorg and Twinmold also sucked. They made all the bosses more tedious and gave them those stupid looking eye weakpoints.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pretty sure getting all rings required four playthroughs or something ridiculous like that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eastwards story is garbage nonsense and its gameplay is just ok. Skip it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Legends 2 is worse than 1 and Okami is like 40 hours and not nearly long enough to be as interminable as you describe.

A post only saved from being completely wrong by the fact that Star Fox Adventures does suck.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And there's a huge gulf between the design philosophies behind Shrines and Koroks. You have a tool to find shrines built into your UI, you can easily keep track of all of them on the map, they are all mostly unique, you gain significant rewards all along the way for doing them, and there's an actual cool reward for doing them all. This all speaks to the intention being that the average player absolutely could do all the shrines without too much trouble if it interested them. The koroks on the other hand are far more numerous, hidden, less unique, and less rewarding at both stages of completion.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We really don't know anything about the content or structure of TotK. I certainly hope there's some proper dungeons but we've got nothin yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That puzzle is infamous for people getting stuck on it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll be the contrarian and say play the N64 version available on Switch Online because it's better than the 3DS one

Skrill.exe posted:

Is your 3DS hacked?

If yes, install the Restoration Mod.

If not, hack your 3DS and then install the Restoration Mod.

This is also an acceptable solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The moment I found out amiibos actually unlocked content in games is the moment I figured out how to pirate them.

E: I dunno if I ever posted this but my kid was moblin link for Halloween

That's brilliant