Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the bug has specific triggers.

So if you know what you are doing, you can avoid it and get 100%. But if you aren't using a guide you have likely already screwed yourself out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Here is how the cave of shadows works, in regard to saving data to the amiibo

if you beat your previous heart score, you're allowed to save that data to the wolf link amiibo. containers don't matter, only health. this means that if you want ALL of the hearts, you either have to beat it with enough missing hearts that your WL's data can recover it, or get a zelda amiibo. Cave of shadows really just is not worth it, especially with all the horseshit it throws at you. Wolf link really shouldn't be fighting archers or armos, and ESPECIALLY not archers and gibdos at the same time. If Wolf Link ever got an upgrade, or was good in the first place, it'd be a less annoying experience.
Worth mentioning that you save data for getting as deep as you can currently progress. Cave of Shadows has to be tackled three times to unlock all of it's floors and get to the bottom, which means you get a chance to save to it the first time you get passed the 6th and like.....16th? floors as well as any time you hit the bottom.

What i'm getting at is that if you can get the full 20 Hearts before you attempt the cave and get passed the 6th floor without taking damage, you can cheese your way to a full health wolf shaped animal buddy for BOTW.

Cave of Shadows is definitely horseshit though. Any floor with ice enemies is a bad time, and the last floor with enemies is ridiculous.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

As bad as the ToTOK is, I do appreciate that they thought about it enough to make it possible to get all the way to the bottom with a full 25 minutes left on the clock.

It's a nice little challenge and I like that they designed the place to be so heavily shortcutable if you have the right gear and know what you are doing.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The more Zelda amiibo they announce, the less sure I am of which ones I want in my collection.

Like, they announced Wolf Link, and it looks cool and has a great function. Then they announced the anniversary four and 8 bit link is straight up bad looking, but while the other 3 look okay, all four have a pretty lackluster function.

Now we have 5 BOTW specific ones, but until I get a better idea of what any of them do, i'm not really prepared to make a decision.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

JordanKai posted:

Dang, I like the US box art way more than the EU one. :(
Luckily, I feel the opposite.

Really wasn't feeling the US box, massively prefer the EU one.

Place holder Wii U box is still the best of the 3 imo.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Don't you need to buy TPHD to get the amiibo?
Probably not anymore. I remember reading in a presser or something for BOTW that they are planning on releasing Wolf Link as a standalone.

Like, mostly sure I read that.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So if dogs are tameable and work similar to how Wolf Link works, i'm going to assume Horse Link summons Epona as a tameable horse.

If that's the case, i'm liking how these non anniversary Zelda amiibo work. Not gating any features, just giving Zelda themed skins for stuff you can already have.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

I don't remember the Zelda game where Link transforms into a horse.
In my mind, Horse Link Amiibo sounded better than Link on Horse Amiibo.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Gibbering posted:

If we can defeat Ganon with flowers, this will be the best game ever.
It will be this game's fishing rod, in the battle against Ganon.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Dave posted:

I can't remember, in ALttP could you go right to Ganon once you got in the Dark World but you couldn't beat him?
Sadly, you needed to beat the boss of Ganon's Tower before Ganon was available, and you needed the crystals of all the Dark World dungeons to unlock Ganon's Tower.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I did both of the Minish Cap things, but Oracles ring stuff surpassed my limits for tedious crap.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Edit: drat it Pauline Hanson

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

pentyne posted:

I believe it will simply save and overwrite the number of hearts for whenever you clear each set of levels, so if you finish floor 10 with 8 hearts but then finish floor 20 with 4 hearts the 4 hearts overrides the 8. The simplest way seems to be getting the 20 hearts in the game, beating the first few levels of the Cave of Shadows, then saving to the amiibo.
It saves the highest heart count, not the deepest progress.

I grabbed all the heart pieces and containers before even trying the amiibo pit, saved 20 hearts left on the 6th floor. Managed to finish amiibo pit at a later point with 20 hearts thanks to some amiibo assistance, and I don't think even that overwrote 6F 20 hearts save.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

youcallthatatwist posted:

It looks like each shrine gives you a spirit orb, which can presumably be exchanged for goodies somewhere. Essentially each one will be a mini challenge, and the ones on the plateau seem to be exceptions in how easy they are, because they're basically tutorial rooms for the runes. The others they showed at E3 were significantly more complex.
This, but also every completed one becomes a fast travel point.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I didn't think I was going to make an effort to jump off the plateau anywhere specifically, but the more I think about it, the more the opposite direction to Hyrule Castle sounds like a good idea.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There hasn't really been a whole lot of concrete news to spoil myself on.

I would very much like to know what these amiibo do before I put cash down for them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That would be the Cave of Shadows.

Cave of Ordeals is the normal armourable one.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They are making New Link and Dog Link out to be a weird friendship couple with all the holiday themed art they are doing for this game.

I have to admit I can only remember this and the Christmas picture, but that's still a weird amount of focus for an amiibo bonus.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm cool for more content in a game I will probably enjoy for not as cheap as i'd of liked, but not as expensive as to put me off.

But man did they choose a bad time to announce this. Vocal online gaming communities HATE the announcement of DLC pre release, and Nintendo already aren't doing much to stop confusion, or even give basic information about certain things regarding to the console they are looking to release in 2 and a half weeks.

They could of waited til April, or hell, dropped this at E3 with a "You can download the first pack now" type deal, and it would have been a WAY better received plan than what this is going to do.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

well why not posted:

Hard Mode could mean a lot of things. If it removed things like slowdown, reduced item drop rates and looked to From Software games then I'd be down to pick it up.

If it's just double damage or increased enemy health then that's much less exciting.

ALBW has a Hero Mode that's just too challenging to be fun. I really hope they can balance it well.
I generally enjoyed ALBW's Hero mode.

It was difficult in an enjoyable way, unlike Skyward Sword's Hero Mode, which was a tedious way to teach you where the health restoring stools were.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I like how every time Nintendo releases DLC it's the first time they release DLC. Well, that's not the reaction so much in this thread but I've seen people all over the internet being all "Downloadable... content??? In my nintendo?"
This.

NSMB 2 was their first dip into this, and if you can ignore what happened with Fire Emblem: Fates, it could be argued that they are getting slowly better.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume that the general response to this is people feeling somewhere between okay with this and a little annoyed with this but still looking at picking it up, with a few outliers thinking this is the very worst thing ever or thinking this is in no way a potentially poo poo move and that anyone that has any negative opinion over this is just whining.

It'll probably be fine, and I am looking forward to taking dumb tourist screenshots with Link in the Switch shirt across Hyrule, but this was handled in possibly the worst way it could have been with the gaming community customer base being how it is.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nerds on the internet make a good point, it would have been nice to include this pass as part of the super expensive sword and coin limited edition copies of the game.

Specially for the countries who aren't getting the cool gamepad case as part of it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Based on certain things seen in some of these previews, Bambi.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've seen this .gif a ton in the last few days, but this is the first time i've noticed the mushroom two thirds of the way down the cliff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Assuming the latter. He is throwing his good friend at you in that .gif.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Has anyone explained how the game corrals you at the boundaries of the map?
From what i've seen in previews, the ocean stops you on east and some of the south portions of the map. A large bottomless chasm with a rather high cliff face on the other side blocks at least a decent portion of the north.

No idea about the rest.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I just want to know, and it's such an obvious thing that there is but I still want to know and this is the last thing I'll want spoiled about the game until I physically get there:
It's a question about an item
Is there a green/hero tunic and if so, does it look very different from previous tunics?
Looks like the assets for all the items from the game have been pulled and there is Multiple green tunics.

I don't know if there is a BotW specific one, but it looks like there's a bunch of different game's green tunic styles represented in this game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wolf Link is the only real helper character, and is optional through ownership of it's amiibo.

Wolf Link is a dog though, so it isn't going to talk to you.

Edit: Unrelated, but thinking about it, the Switch shirt that is part of the season pass isn't in the leaked assets of gear.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 1, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd laugh if that 2D prototype was in anyway connected to the "additional map feature" of the first half of the season pass.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Tracked down my Switch shirt. I don't know if the chests spawn in the same place for all, but mine was in view of two guardians next to the shrine in the ruins.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I hope the bosses are refightable somehow, even if through the season pass, because I completely forgot to take photos of the first two bosses I took on, and i've put too much time in already to start again for them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So hands down the easiest way to make cash in this game is selling ore.

Since ore rocks slowly restore over time, the best thing to do is pin down on your map anywhere with a decent yields. I'm talking about at least 5 stones with at least 2 being the gold rare ore ones.

To start yall off, i'll give rough directions to one of my ore spots. Go to the shrine at the cliff on the south east point of the map and investigate the cliffs around that area.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yo, just a heads up, the last great fairy is a 10,000 ruppee expense.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

('cept the head piece)
Which is instead a rare drop from the Sheik smash amiibo.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't suppose there's anyone else here that knows how to access the last shrine is there?

I have all but one done, and have a fair idea of where the last one is and how to access it, but I can't see a way to get the game let me do it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Managed to track down the last shrine.

It turns out that both Kakariko and Gerudo have pretty drat important quests that are only available by finishing all of the quests in the town.

Kakariko has two night exclusive ones, and the other place has a couple that are also easy to miss.

Escobarbarian posted:

It's somewhere last page but basically a reference made in memory 1 ties it to one specific timeline

It bears mentioning that there's stuff that ties it to another in the game as well. Certain Zora stuff alludes to a certain person doing stuff that they didn't really do in the timeline you're referring to.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 8, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

UberJew posted:

Damnit, I still haven't even found the last cucco
Have you checked the roof?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

So what is the total number of shrines anyways?
One hundred and twenty.

Guessing the season pass is going to have something heart container related because 27 is a weird number to end on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So I took on the horse jump minigame thinking you had to get under 1:15 and the horse archery thinking you had to pop all the balloons in under a minute, just to get anything.

I'm not sure if anyone else will make my mistake, but those are only the harder goals that reward the saddles. The bridles have far more reasonable goals in 1:30 for jumps and only 20 balloons in a minute for shoots.