Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/negaoryx/status/1075864711554461698?s=19

You can actually see the moment her spirit breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwpopsrkzMo

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Moose-Alini posted:

Let’s get even more Princess Mononoke in BoTW. Super psyched.

Does it look like a prequel? The pillars around the castle are shown rising, which happens before BoTW starts.

Definitely not a prequel. I think someone or something is trying to harness what's left of Ganon's power or trying to bring him back.

There's a brief shot of the floor collapsing under Zelda and Link is left alone with whatever in the chamber. Kinda looks like he reaches out to Zelda, but the glowing arm on Ganon grabs him. Hmmm...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I'd like to remind goons you can play as Zelda in a Zelda game in two days. Unless we're not counting Cadence of Hyrule.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

BexGu posted:

Time to play the trailer in reverse and desend into madness looking for clues!

https://youtu.be/1UIXAuceNzA

So I listened to this and then the regular trailer.

At 46s into the reversed one you can hear someone or something whisper, "help us, help us". Which matches the placement of the unintelligible whispering in the regular trailer.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 12, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I know we're going wild over BOTW 2, but just wanna say Link's Awakening looked super cute and the animations looked really good. I really liked the animation of him eating the apple and that goofy smile when catching the fish.

There's 10 minutes of gameplay here:

https://youtu.be/Yr7owBUsENc

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

If Zelda isn't the main character and playable then why is it called The Legend of Zelda? Checkmate fun police.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 13, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Was just talking with Aonuma on the phone, and in BotW2 you do not play as Link.

You play as Ganondorf.

You only play as Ganondorf in the flashback segments detailing his fight against the Calamity.

You play as Zelda in the present day.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

that's literally an ingame screenshot that practically became a meme but go off I guess

also, I don't recall the game actually saying her age anywhere?

One of the memories has Zelda tell Link that tomorrow is her 17th birthday and she'll be heading up a mountain to pray to the Goddess in a last shot of unlocking her power.

The next memory is her coming back down having failed and then Ganon immediately raising to wreck the world.

What I'm trying to say is Zelda is :actually: 16 in that screenshot and her 17th birthday was like...the worst ever in history.

edit: and beaten.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

WTF you can surf on shields?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Someone looked at the runes in the BOTW2 trailer and noticed they're symbols from the Gerudo alphabet and they spell out in English "Seal Ganon"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.inverse.com/article/56842-breath-of-the-wild-2-teaser-trailer-analysis-ganondorf-clues-theories-seal-ganon

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Minish Cup is the first Zelda game I played, so I hope they can find a place for the Minish somewhere in BOTW 2.

lezard_valeth posted:

*peaks from under rock*

I...uuuh...I never played Ocarina of Time.

In my defense I didn't have a N64, and despite having a 3DS bad experiences with Chrono Trigger and Valkyrie Profile made me shun ports like the plague

I had a N64 and never had OOT nor MM. I only played OOT on 3DS this year. I'll get around to MM3D sometime.

As someone without any nostalgia for the original I think the 3DS version is a great game. I could certainly see where later games built upon it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I've seen the first video a couple times, but didn't know it was based on the bottom one.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Shoving twenty apples into Link's face owned.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Zore posted:

Yes, the French voice acting saves a few seconds over every other language so its the go to for the speedrun.

Huh. I wonder why that is?

Also do I need to make another Switch profile if I want to make a save with a clean start while keeping my old completed save?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I just watched this again with the subtitles on and they added some flair there that was fun. Also I didn't notice the BOTW2 after credits scene until today.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I beat the Master Sword Trials! :toot:

Those last few floors with the guardians were real stressful. Except, oddly, the last floor. Which I beat pretty quickly and smoothly. ( because I put an ancient arrow into the Lynel)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Zelda holding the Master Sword to defend Link is a nice touch.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

An update downloaded for Link's Awakening when I started it this morning. Fixed something about Marin not moving and locking the game up.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

drat it. Now I want a Zelda game where I can play as the three Heroes of the Triforce and freely switch between them.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

If they port Twilight Princess to the Switch will it be the left-handed GameCube version or the flipped right-handed Wii version?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I got the Master Cycle Zero yesterday :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I can't believe Nintendo has once again made the greatest game of all time.

I'm very excited.

The only problem is I'm not very creative, but I will certainly enjoy the videos of people making fully functioning Zoids.