Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

A thought occurs: the corpse standing on its feet and also probably having a gaping chest wound for all that goop to be flowing out of reminds me strongly of the ending of Twilight Princess. I wonder what the deal is with that cool hand, looks like it's trying to keep the evil goop inside.

Also really hope y'all are right about playable Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Gruckles posted:

I hope Link and Zelda are both playable and there's co-op.

Asymmetrical co-op

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Not starting from scratch after making a whole engine, physics, and world is what we all said they should do, and here we are.

Excellent move. Super hyped.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gruckles posted:

This would be so god drat good. Make it so Nintendo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh boy another quarter of a game to play :v:

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Walrus Pete posted:

A thought occurs: the corpse standing on its feet and also probably having a gaping chest wound for all that goop to be flowing out of reminds me strongly of the ending of Twilight Princess. I wonder what the deal is with that cool hand, looks like it's trying to keep the evil goop inside.

Also really hope y'all are right about playable Zelda.

Let’s get even more Princess Mononoke in BoTW. Super psyched.

Does it look like a prequel? The pillars around the castle are shown rising, which happens before BoTW starts.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Moose-Alini posted:

Does it look like a prequel? The pillars around the castle are shown rising, which happens before BoTW starts.

Or they retracted?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

OH gently caress GET HYPE!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Moose-Alini posted:

It looked more like the castle itself was rising to me, but then again the pillars rising again would make sense as that's where all the guardians were supposed to be stored.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Playable Zelda would be rad as hell and I'm down for it

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Moose-Alini posted:

Definitely not a prequel. I think someone or something is trying to harness what's left of Ganon's power or trying to bring him back.

There's a brief shot of the floor collapsing under Zelda and Link is left alone with whatever in the chamber. Kinda looks like he reaches out to Zelda, but the glowing arm on Ganon grabs him. Hmmm...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's Malice's brother, Malaise

He'll get around to destroying Hyrule eventually

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It doesn't make sense as a prequel because there's too many inconsistencies. We know Zelda was off quite a ways coming down from a mountain when the shitstorm started with Link & The Champions. Also she has long hair the entire time through all the memories. I think this is definitely a sequel.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gruckles posted:

this

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
gently caress I hope this awesome looking desiccated husk snapping back to life means we're going to get Ganon as a character again.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

DelphiAegis posted:

I definitely want a corrupted link to jump me.

That'd be awesome.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I hope we get to check in with Hudson and his contractually-obligated family.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
A contender for the title of horniest Zelda has now appeared.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I’m super excited for this sequel but we better be allowed to pet the dogs in BoTW2. :colbert:

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
We all know Link's true greatest strength, functional immortality via the ability to eat apples really loving fast

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I really dig the sinister tone of the trailer, it reminds me of Majora’s Mask

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It really looks like Link might lose his arm in the trailer. Which was an idea floated around in the prototypes, where it gets replaced by a mulititool prosthetic

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

The Legend of Zelda: Heroes Die Twice?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

El Burbo posted:

It really looks like Link might lose his arm in the trailer. Which was an idea floated around in the prototypes, where it gets replaced by a mulititool prosthetic

Doktor, turn off my pain inhibitors

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

El Burbo posted:

Maybe we'll get a Good Link and a Bad Link, Army of Darkness style

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Zelda becomes playable this time, but I don't exactly expect it to happen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I DEMAND PLAYABLE ZELDA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All the green and black and weird music makes me think Twilight Princess. Give me playable Zelda with Wolf Link companion (that I don't need an amiibo for)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

El Burbo posted:

Dismemberment is really frowned upon in Japanese media though so I bet it’s more of an arm gets possessed and becomes all magical kinda thing

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Its a stretch but that skeleton at the end made me think of Agahnim.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Walrus Pete posted:

Looks kind of Midna-style....

Icedude posted:

It looked more like the castle itself was rising to me, but then again the pillars rising again would make sense as that's where all the guardians were supposed to be stored.

Is it going to be Hyrule Castle in the Sky?

Also:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (dogs howl)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Dismemberment is really frowned upon in Japanese media though so I bet it’s more of an arm gets possessed and becomes all magical kinda thing

Didn't they literally just do this with Sekiro though

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

I mean, I doubt Nintendo would do it, but Sekiro did it and no one kicked up a fuss.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Losing limbs and replacing them with prosthetics seems like a thing that happens a ton in anime frankly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

s.i.r.e. posted:

I mean, I doubt Nintendo would do it, but Sekiro did it and no one kicked up a fuss.

No one seemed to mind Metal Gear either.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What I mean is that it kicks up the game's rating up considerably. Sekiro is M while botw is E10. A game where you’re a ninja stabbing people to death in sprays of blood isn’t aiming for the same rating as a game where enemies disappear in a poof of smoke

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What I mean is that it kicks up the game's rating up considerably. Sekiro is M while botw is E10. A game where you’re a ninja stabbing people to death in sprays of blood isn’t aiming for the same rating as a game where enemies disappear in a poof of smoke

Link's arm disappears in a poof of smoke

Problem solved

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Calaveron posted:

Things might have changed, but Japan rated FF7 appropriate for ages 12-up, and had this guy.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mzbundifund posted:

Things might have changed, but Japan rated FF7 appropriate for ages 12-up, and had this guy.

It was super cartoony and you didn’t actually see it happening, just the camera focusing on something that sort of kinda resembled an arm followed by a quick panning shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
^^ e clearly I don't remember as much of FF7 as I thought I did.

Mzbundifund posted:

Yeah, but you never actually saw Barrett have his hand chopped off and stuff.

Maybe they'll get around it with it being a mystical force possessing his arm.