Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress it, I'll take the Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

brendan smith isn't andreas lilja 1.1 please

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

With the Well I loving Guess So pick in the draft, the San Jose Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks select Sidney Crosby

I am selecting Crosby because I have no idea why he wasn't already, and now I guess I'm building a team of guys with punchable faces, who are really good and everyone hates for some reason

e: seriously, look at this loving face

It looks like Zach Braff got stung by bees

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 6, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I demand special privilege to make Crosby's cap hit 8,787,870

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In a effort to

a) be as young and cheap as possible while still being relatively "win now"
b) fulfill my homer lust by getting one of the two good players on my favorite team
c) piss off VJeff

The San Jose Sharks Sharks Sharks are pleased to make a bit of a reach, and await one of the few players we are hopeful will fall past the turn, to select Dylan Larkin

suck it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You were going to take him, weren't you? I figured with you having two picks in a row between mine and then having to wait another 52, if I didn't take him there, I wasn't getting him

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Missed my deadline because of work, sorry, but I was going to pick Ryan McDonagh anyway.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

devin toews

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've been phone posting all draft because my computer died, but my new one should be here any day now and when I do, I'll fix up a Sharks page and start updating my picks and cap hits

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

OPPOSING GOALIES TREMBLE IN FEAR

SAN JOSE SHARKS SELECT

CHRIS KREIDER

:killdozer:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just excited about the prospect of Kreider and Larkin on the same team, being all fast and poo poo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Okay, had a bitch of a time deciding even what position I wanted most but in the end the Flyers will poach another Fancycat forward and selects Right Wing Reilly Smith

Oh goddamn it I was trying to figure out which of he and Kreider were more likely to make it around the turn

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm on tilt from getting SmithSniped, so I will take fellow MIAMI REDHAWK Alec Martinez because I feel like he and McDonagh can cumulatively make an effective, puck moving and defensively responsible top pairing or something like that that isn't my homer showing

e: it's alec you stupid phone

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 13, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I still haven't decided if I want Larkin at center or on the wing. I know that he's going to be a center long-term, but I might end up having a better chance at a better top-2 lines if I go for a C and 2 W than 3 W

Though a Kreider-Larkin-X 2nd line would be all fast and cool and good

e: I need to see what my team looks like after whatever forward or two I take next, because I'm not sure if I prefer

Kreider-Crosby-X
Larkin-X-X

or

X-Crosby-X
Kredier-Larkin-X

Having Crosby is obviously a huge advantage, because while I'm not planning to saddle him with some Kunitz-like boat anchor, he does allow me to try to build my 2nd line and top-2 D pairings because he can definitely boost the production of the guys on his line to the point where I can have some good possession-driving 2nd/3rd line wingers on his line and still have 3 legit lines if I can draft my 3rd line well enough.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 13, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was debating Stepan on both my last two picks.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm going to take Gustav Nyquist, because I'm a homer and I have Wings fans inside me on this turn, but he's actually youngish, got decent fancies, and might actually score at a good clip again if he gets top-6 loving minutes and isn't blocked on the 1st line RW by Justin goddamn Abdelkader. He should easily get 25-30 playing a whole season on a line with Crosby

X-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-X :flashfap:

McDonagh-X
Martinez-X

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Nyquist is one of like 6 players on this stupid team I actually like, no way he was getting past me sorry y'all

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wasn't planning on picking a wing next so it's up to VJeff and iatb to ruin it for you

There's also only maybe one or two guys left that I'd give a poo poo about drafting, and it's probably at least a round or two early for either imo

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 16, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

James Russell Howard III to you jabroni

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:f5h::f5:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ok, I think I'm taking a risk here with regards to age and money (especially considering he's going to be a 35 year old UFA next season), but I don't think I can pass up the opportunity to take a guy, who in my mind, is probably the best scoring winger still available.

So with that in mind, the SHARKS SHARKS SHARKS select Patrick Sharp

It's awesome because he can play all 3 forward positions, so I can either stack my top line with him on the LW, or more likely, let him the be trigger vet on my Speedy Young Gunz line

X-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp :fap:

McDonagh-X
Martinez-X

VJeff x2 (skipped)
Yaya

JoelJoel
Menamino

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've already used about 40% (over 40 when we find out whatever Kreider's contract turns out to be) of my cap on 7 guys and none of them are Jimmy Howard, Justin Abdelkader, or Jonathan Ericsson so suck my loving dick Holland you jackass

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 16, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I finally got a new computer so I've been able to update my own picks and put together a Sharks roster page which is incomplete because I can't figure out a way to embed http://youtubedoubler.com/iNjT

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

lazerwolf posted:

Looks like Technetium selected Paul Stastny on the sheet with the note "Forums were messing up as I selected him, good sign"

So i'm going to kick off today with...

Cam Atkinson, The Minnesota Wild select you!

eXXon is up

boooooooo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

this is the part of the draft where all the guys I want get taken

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

eXXon posted:

That was the first round, idiot.

no i got sidney crosby at 4 so

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

so when everyone gets skipped today, it will get to me just before 10 PM and i will get to pick once

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

JoelJoel has until 4:08, followed up by Yaya and Dandy Kaiser

come to butthead

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GOD loving DAMNIT

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So much hate currently flowing through me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Since I'm seeing almost 80 defensemen have been drafted and that RD ones specifically are basically all going to be gone by the next time the draft comes round this way, the Sharks are going to select Jason Garrison

Had a down year last year production wise, but got back on the top PP unit at the end of the season and started to produce again. Less than 5M for a corsi-positive veteran on the right side of 35, especially with how young D have flown off the board, seems like this isn't a terrible idea. I anticipate him having a better year this year, and I don't really see much by the way of noticeably better options to round out what is probably going to be a solid but very unspectacular defense

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 19, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:agreed:

I was really looking for a cheap 3rd liner with some upside and Vesey seemed like the best dart throw I could muster and I thought for sure he'd make it to me here

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I might get both my picks stolen today!!!!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ugh bird you couldn't have made your pick 5 minutes earlier

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yay for still being up

The Sharks take Brock Nelson

Took a bit of a step back in the fancies since his rookie year when every player on the Isles had a better Corsi when on the ice with him, but he nearly scored 30 goals and looked like he might be a competent center at the NHL level one day when he did play in the middle. He's sill got RFA years left after this deal, so he's cost controlled. I can shift him on the first line LW with Crosby and Nyquist which might get him 30 goals, or I can balance out my lines and either have him a) center my 3rd line if I can grab some good possession positive middle-6 winners to pair him with, or b) have him on that wing if/when there's a good center available later.

e:

Yaya's clock starts at 10am
JoelJoel
Menamino

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 20, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

tofes posted:

Carl Hagelin come on down

noooooooo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I feel like my team is more than good enough to lose to any other team in 7 games

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Andy Greene because he can play a lot of hard minutes and do reasonably well with them. Getting a guy who I think can play top pairing minutes this late is nice.

You son of a bitch

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm camping this weekend, but at this rate, I think I'll be back in a phone service area before the 36/43 picks that it'll take to get to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

eXXon posted:

Meanwhile, I picked Dandy Kaiser because his scoring rates are decent and he's a top four defenseman despite having had an off year (like most of the Dead Things). HERO charts say he's bad at possession because his numbers are worse than Mike "Never Seen a Defensive Zone in My Life" Green and his partner. I will ignore that because it's dumb.

I was hoping the name change would make everyone forget he existed and those who actually remember would think of my histrionics and use that as an excuse to pass on him when they could have a pretty decent 3-5th defensman who is miscast as a hard minute #1 because the rest of the team is a bunch of nonsensical bullshit

• Locked thread