Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This video caused me to ask a very important question.

What would Lisa Frank Goatse look like?

I feel like if you fed Goatse and some typical Lisa Frank artwork into that deepart.io or whatever site it was, you'd have your answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

EorayMel posted:

The nursery rhyme stuff is one of the more recent internet phenomenons, especially the finger family versions. See all those millions of views, but few comments, and even fewer intelligible comments that you can make out and read?

These videos are being automatically generated and watched so that whoever owns the videos can make a ton of money off of ad clicks and views.

That doesn't mean people don't watch it, it means majority of views are structurally made by artificial intelligence. Rows of computers set up to watch it, refresh, then go to the next one. All for that sweet,sweet, advertisement and high viewcount purchased by view bots revenue.

tl;dr ad fraud endgame.

So does that explain why, for a little while, this Johny Johny Yes Papa nursery rhyme was big? I swear I'd never heard it in childhood but like last year or whatever there were so many versions on YouTube.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Well, there was a recent Batman/TMNT crossover, so I think these guys beat DC to the punch. Holy Lawsuit, b3TM3H!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I remember playing that typing game and also some other Mario pc game with like go fish and other little games? Unless that was all packaged with the typing one.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The fun swear dlc is worth it, from what I recall playing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Shovel car looks neat. Four year old me would have loved shovel car.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nah, chum, the steel itself is made in Japan, but the actual, like, shaping of the steel and the rest of the scissor was done in China. Totally makes sense.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is Japan known for having good steel? I thought the whole point of folding the sword a thousand times was to make up for lovely steel.

TBH I was just joking to allow for a situation where both claims on the package could have a nugget of truth to them.

Did a lazy quick attempt to check, but thanks to loving weeaboos and their katanas, I can't seem to find much reporting on the strength of modern japanese steel.
Wikipedia lists China as being the #1 producer of steel worldwide according to 2014 data, with the same giving Japan as #2. :shrug:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rolo posted:

GRAND DAD?!

God that was funny, anyone got a link for it?

Here we go

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Takoluka posted:

I got you.

Anime Weekend Atlanta, huh.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm DISAPPEAR BOXES and I refuse to believe that BEAT PIG is anything but a rhythm game with swine.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wolvergreen, jeez.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Found in a mall basement bookstore in the Philippines.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, the brass colored one

Serious answer: subpar craftsmanship.
Joke answer: that's a new way to talk about someone's tan job.
Joke answer 2: Doritos

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Killed By Death posted:

My Stand, 「THE REALM」, is invincible!

Nice, it's just like in Boingo's Tohth!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

His power is maximum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

EorayMel posted:

Today, I have learned that woody is (canonlogically) capable of eating his own rear end in a top hat:

Thanks, bootleg/knockoff thread I made :911:

Somebody's poisoned my water hole!