Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well first you go

and that becomes

But then you take these

And that gets you this

But wait! You take both of those and then you can

The original sets might be officially licenced Bandai Chogokin but there's always cheap knockoffs of those so I guess it still counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

whiteyfats posted:

Holy poo poo, that's awesome.

There's also a crazy Disney combiner

And Doraemon

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Buzz Ranger on ebay, about $250/set. Not available on AliExpress

Not yet, anyway

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted a Thomas the Tank Engine transformers I hadn't seen before:

And hey, remember that time in Captain America: Civil War where Captain America had to ride to the rescue on a girl's bike?

A girl's bike with training wheels. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Do you know that you're retarded?

I don't know if Elsa was joking but Victorian ladies really did use to ride their velocipedes sidesaddle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tgu0ytp-OM

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah the classic 1985 Imperial Toys Godzilla. It looked like a lovely knockoff but apparently it was officially licenced from Toho.

Edit: seems like the Imperial Godzilla came out a few years too late for me, when I was a kid I had these Imperial toys:

The generation before me got this way cool Shogun Warriors Godzilla by Mattel which shot its fist off and had red 'flames' on a ribbon you could extend from its mouth.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Jul 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I bought the gnomezilla as a gag gift for a friend and it was disappointingly small. It's sightly over a foot tall so the lawn gnomes it was destroying are pretty tiny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted this little feller in a shop last week:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That one's not a bootleg, it's an art piece
http://randyregier.com/portfolio/tardy-the-man-pony/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

goose willis posted:

Somehow this is proving to be an even more terrifying take on centaurs than the original concept

Lizard Combatant posted:

What is it about horses that make people nuts? Even at its least perverted level, the girl at high school really into horses is always a little off.

Even the ancient Greeks had fuckin' weird ideas about centaurs and centaur variants
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthyocentaurs

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hot drat that's an impressive collection. I've got the Thomas the Tank Engine transformer but I got that unboxed on eBay.

I guess you're really hanging out for an Amusing Duck?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's not an Anne Frank costume, it's a WW2 British child evacuee costume. The name tag pinned to her lapel (in case she gets lost on the trip) is a good indicator.

There's also a boys version of the costume:

Dunno if you guys have actually read The Diary of Anne Frank but she doesn't get evacuated in the end. :ssh:

Edit: apparently at least one costume site was selling it as an Anne Frank costume

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:37 on Oct 22, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bonster posted:

I would have considered it when I was really into the Narnia books. The siblings were evacuees and it seemed kind of tragic and romantic to me at the time.

Also apparently dressing up as a WW2 evacuee for a school project is a thing in the UK?

I'm guessing that the costume company decides on what new costumes they're going to put out every year by checking what the most popular recent google search terms were for costumes so all those British school kids skewed the results. "Hey, WW2 evacuee costumes are super popular this year? Well all right, if that's what the people want ..."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only thing I know about The Famous Five is that they were extremely popular when my older siblings were kids and also had a lot of "then we ate 40000 cakes" going on. (Haven't read any, this is how they were described to me.)

I was at a trivia night recently and one of the questions was "How many children were in the Famous Five?" and pretty much everyone got it wrong. There's only four. The fifth member is a dog.

Hello this was my fun Famous Five story

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

These are way too reminiscent of those fuckin' weird "Elsa Frozen Dentist Horror" and "Spiderman finger family Joker Minions" and "Disney wrong heads bad baby crying" youtube kids videos to be coincidental. The titles of those youtube videos are obviously created by an algorithm that generates a word salad of popular search terms and the videos are made to fit, looks like games have gone the same way.

Edit: oh god, the Elsa Dentist games :psyduck:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=elsa%20dentist&c=apps&hl=en

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Nov 7, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pastry of the Year posted:

why does this only have 77 views

The bots haven't kicked in yet, it'll probably have 4 million 'views' in a day or two

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah that youtube channel has .... issues

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pastry of the Year posted:

Technically not a bootleg, since this is an actual ad for an actual product, but I do love the way that the Mario Bros. were depicted before Nintendo sort of reined everyone in and got them on-model:

Holy gently caress, I remember playing that when it came out. My parents were too cheap to buy it for me, I had to bug the kid next door to let me play his.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

He appears to have three fingers and two thumbs on each hand.

Do you not?

I can assure you that everyone here in Australia does

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I wonder what's on the Batman "Iron Man" VCD.

Besides, y'know, viruses.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

You know I was going to mention that but wasn’t sure if I was remembering it right or not. Either way it was Greg Hildebrant art (fine artist for the non-ubernerds in the thread, if you were into Star Wars or X-Men in the early 90s you’d recognize the style).

Well that made the google image search a lot easier

And yeah, Star Wars nerds really should recognize their style

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

In case anyone was wondering, it's an art piece and not a mass produced product.

The 'Spyma' brand name is short for the artist's name, Spymagician Jones.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo I just remembered this one:

It's the US release of the Japanese film Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. They cut about half an hour from the film and re-edited it to make it a bland action-adventure film with new dialogue that had nothing to do with the original and they also dumped most of the environmentalism angle. You can imagine Miyazaki's reaction when he heard what they'd done.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

So his original eyes transform into huge nipples?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted some lovely cheap Batman Lego knockoffs in my local post office. Weirdly enough they didn't just squeeze out a few extra runs from the Lego molds and slap a new logo on the box, the vehicles are fairly similar but noticeably different. (I'll post the genuine articles for comparison.)

Apologies for the lovely qualities of my photos

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Looking closely at the first set it looks completely different to the official set and they just used generic Lego pieces to make something that looked as close as possible. Compare the two versions of the LexCorp helicopter, the differences are really obvious there. The pieces used to make the Batwing are also all different.

On the second set there's a few pieces that look like they're duplicated from the official set (the batcopter's blades and maybe the rear landing wheel structure, the wingtips on Nightwing's jetpack, the dynamite sticks that Man-Bat is throwing) but most of the rest looks different.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m3hdiuTEiQ

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The whole internet loves Pizza Hat, a lovely hat that makes pizzas!
*5 seconds later*
We regret to inform you that the hat is a pedophile

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

What makes those bootlegs? They just look like old cheesy action figures to me

Yeah they look pretty close to vintage 1970s Mego dolls

.... but just slightly off. The belts are wrong to start with but they might have come off some other doll. Robin's arms also don't seem to be articulated.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Feb 12, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The carnival is in town!

It's hard to tell from my crappy photo but Supergirl's eyes are really really uneven. I don't even know how to describe Daredevil's upper chest situation there.

Wonder Woman looks like some sort of 1940s fighter plane nose art with gravity defying tits (her top seems to tethering her breasts rather than just covering them) and Flash has deformed Lobster Boy hands

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
YHWH finger, YHWH finger, where are you?
Here I am, here I am
How do you do?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kennel posted:

Thanks to the advances in paleontology, we now know that dinosaurs had fur and cat ears.

Edit: oh hey I actually had a bootleg to contribute as well

Poor kid is so unimpressed with the lovely costume. Also I'm pretty sure that the seethrough material with sparkly bits is supposed to be chain mail.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Apr 1, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Facebook Aunt posted:

All things are memes. Welcome to the meme universe.

Am I a meme??? Am I a good meme or a bad meme??? :ohdear:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shai-Hulud posted:

Deep down you already know the answer.

Noooooooooooooo

:negative:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A local record shop posted this photo of the back cover of a pirated DVD that someone brought in and asked us to guess which movie was actually in the case

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh dang I've been waiting for them to post the answer and I didn't realise they'd posted it under their human name. It was Fillowship Of The Ring.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZAE6Y4ssg

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted this giant weird Superman action figure in a discount store today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dixville posted:

Personally I'm more interested in the horribly creepy mask that comes with it

Weirdly enough it actually looks a bit like Brandon Routh but the action figure looks more like Christopher Reeve.