Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The anti-Twilight hysteria is so embarrassing in retrospect, especially when it came from people who gave something as silly as Harry Potter a pass.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
“As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character stretched his legs’. I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling’s mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.” - Harold Bloom

"Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, 'If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King.' And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read 'Harry Potter' you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King." - Harold Bloom

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 5, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Things that don't work in one medium can work in another. For example, some idea that doesn't work as literature can work as a cartoon.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

This episode was really funny and well animated and all, and I do like some of what it did with Sucy's character, but I kinda wish after 8 episodes that I had more nice things to say about this show besides than "it's funny and well produced." I know it's got two cours, so there's still plenty of time, but I keep kind of waiting for there to be something more interesting going on from a narrative or character perspective. I felt like there was an opportunity to make Sucy and her relationship with Akko and Lotte a lot more interesting that went largely unexplored so we could get more breathless gags.

Maybe your need for some imaginary "depth" to appreciate a cartoon is, in itself, shallow?

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

"Loliconics"

• Locked thread