Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

They'll have a fluid, breathtakingly well-animated OP and ED with everything in between done in the style of Inferno Cop.

I'm okay with that. Any more LWA is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if that poo poo's a "doodle" i want to see them work their hardest because drat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not fair to the other girls how best she is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Starting on the 8th of January is v good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

netflix made new trailer park boys so anything they do is justified in my book

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I will too, because I checked Netflix on a whim earlier and found out they were there.

Also I don't remember if there were any extras on the dvds I haven't watched, I wanna check.

Er, BDs. At least I didn't say beta-Max.

God, can you imagine? In 40 years we'll accidentally say "dvd" and people will look at us like we're senile.

In the march of technology, one physical media stands strong

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/06/tables-turned-as-vinyl-records-outsell-digital-in-uk-for-first-time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm unsurprised because it ticks all the things you need for an anime to be good

1. cute
2. witches
3. combining the two

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Parallax posted:

i think you mean

1. smears
2. funny faces
3. smears

absolutely not

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This was super good, as expected. I thought it would carry on from after the 2 OVAs for some reason, but I'm glad it doesn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I feel bad for characters in a show where there is someone who is so extremely ahead of the pack and by far the best that they can't compete.

The entire cast could be 10/10s but they just won't ever compare to Sucy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Future characterisation is going to be more like the second OVA than the first, considering it's more recent and a newer take on the characters personalities so you're more likely to not like the show than to do so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

That seems like a pretty badly missed opportunity, though - it seems like it could do pretty great in a kid-friendly timeslot. Like really, there seems to be absolutely nothing about it that suggests you should lock it away for adults only.

Shows tend to air several times a week, on different channels and time-slots.
The first airing isn't necessarily the one they bank on for getting the most eyes on the screen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus. Akko, calm down you absolute madwoman.

This show is almost too good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Command Ant posted:

All of Sucy's cheating, and Amanda's the one that gets disqualified in part because of Sucy's cheating! :laugh:

Along with everything else in this episode, they did a particularly good job animating and voicing the announcer.

You say cheating, I say full use of a witch's skillset.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I agree with the practice of closing libraries should they contain Twilight or Twilight knockoffs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Davincie posted:

thats every library (and like a third of whats popular womens lit nowadays)

RIP all libraries

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

In the third book the werewolf imprints on Bellas unborn daughter so that she will marry him when she comes of age

Is it true that Bella breaks her back giving birth or did I get meme'd on?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Trigger know about McCoy's crisps. :vince:

The amount of research in making this show well travelled and accurate to our earth is impressive as all heck.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't hate her but I am going to enjoy it when she gets egg on her face and then learns to not be such a holier than thou turdo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

Fairly sure they were cheese and onion McCoys, btw.

Oh, and since I haven't seen it mentioned, judging from the first episode, the town local to the school is meant to be Glastonbury.

Yeah. I just got a pic of any old bag though because it was the first thing that popped up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode was sweet and Ursula and Akko are good girls.

It's about time for a Sucy episode though...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joking about the revival of Thatcher isn't funny!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:negative:
Mrs Trump herself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be shocked if she doesn't get one because Nendos are awesome for accessories, but this isn't Sucy so it's only a 9.5/10.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God, all of the teachers who aren't Ursula (who is perfect) and Pisces are proper shittos. Maybe if you know she's failing y'all ought to actually teach her how to do things you assholes.

But at least Ursula gets it. :3:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not possible to think that every single person in class is dilligently doodling every single lesson. She's just a ditz.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Sadly, this is also when Akko leaves the school, when the May government expels her as a foreign national

Do we know if Akko has parents? Big T's only kicking out the ones without them at the moment.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Akko... flying???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's about time we got a Sucy episode :getin:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As soon as Ursula threatens to take the mantle of best girl, Sucy seals it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Finneran needs to gently caress off already

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've run scanners on this image over 18000 times and each time it says

EXCELLENT GIRL

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bless this episode.

Thank you to Lotte for friendzoning the toff and thank you to the bee for all the beautiful Akko shots.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I liked that the part with Akko telling Andrew to stop being a knob and follow his dreams instead of being Dad 2.0 was good because it shows that Akko isn't always a ditz who gets in over her head.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone I know is saying that LWA takes zero inspiration from Harry Potter.

As I have next to no functional knowledge of Harry Potter, allow me to ask the thread:

On a scale of 1-10, how inspired do you think LWA was by Harry Potter.

I'd like to know so I can try to ascertain if this person is the only person on earth who thinks this or if there are others who somehow think LWA isn't HP as all hell. (because it quite obviously is)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think this registers around 8

Darth Walrus posted:

You can make a compelling argument that it owes a lot more to The Worst Witch, at least, though there's definitely some visual inspiration from the HP films (Professor Finneran in particular has an unmistakable touch of Alan Rickman to her).

this is probably around a 5

I miss Alan Rickman :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Needs a "Very Sucy" tag

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mushroom slowfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013