Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

I'm pretty sure half this thread would be against the Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold because they actually literally fought the Nazis in the streets in the early 30s and you can't be fighting the Nazis that way.

Thanks Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold, you sure stopped those Nazis good. Real bang up job you did.

And then decades later you were tangentially responsible for Panzeh making a post. That's strike two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Panzeh posted:

I'm pretty sure half this thread would be against the Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold because they actually literally fought the Nazis in the streets in the early 30s and you can't be fighting the Nazis that way.
"The Reichsbanner's main opponents were the Communist Party of Germany and their Rotfrontkämpferbund on the left"
lol they couldn't swallow their pride and work with THOSE FUCKIN SJWSCOMMIES even if the alternative was the ovens

Slow-Scan Shep fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 29, 2016

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Clipperton posted:

so then which fash do you bash first? the working mom who brought her toddlers? the 90 year old veteran? the huge lady on the mobility scooter?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
IMO, the best fash to bash is the one in ur heart what tells u it's cool to hate ppl.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

papa_november posted:

"The Reichsbanner's main opponents were the Communist Party of Germany and their Rotfrontkämpferbund on the left"
lol they couldn't swallow their pride and work with THOSE FUCKIN SJWSCOMMIES even if the alternative was the ovens
This is true but the communists hosed up the same way through the Comintern-directed theory of "social fascism." And the German communists even allied with the Nazis in some cases on the local level.

That policy changed really fast once Hitler came into power.

And then changed again when the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was signed.

Then changed again after Barbarossa.

Obviously the communist parties in the West hemorrhaged members every time from all the ideological whiplash.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

On the left, KPD propaganda poster with a hammer smashing an industrialist, a fascist and a social democrat.

On the right, an SPD propaganda poster with arrows stabbing monarchism, fascism and communism.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Ignorant Hick posted:

Like, be the change you want to see in the world. Go out to protest and get your doughy rear end roughed up by college students, I double dare you.

Yeah, sure, that is definitely a good attitude, it is, after all, our duty to become our best selves

Ignorant Hick posted:

in the world. Go out to protest and

Oh lord, hahahahaha.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

Posting on SA it is, then. Shocking.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I think taking the time to discuss pro fascist ideals on the internet (who even uses the internet? only nerds with amiga 500s ) and make it clear that Nazis weren't the end all and be all of the movement is probably more effective then hooliganism and stabbing people at this point. Got to reach a critical mass first.

That said I have been to a demonstration on the opposite side of antifa before and I had a good time calmly discussing my views with the non-antifa protesters.

e: I remember some photo journalist was trying to snap my picture while i was talking to some protestors despite making it clear i didn't want my picture used in a newspaper and the people i was talking to ended up blocking the guys shot on my behalf, that was nice of them.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 29, 2016

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

like there's a reason you're the first person who made the "talking about things on the internet is lulzor" argument in 20 pages despite it being a really obvious one people used to like using a lot, it's loving retarded is why.,

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I mean, I could go stab some more FATISTAs but I don't know how much more you can ruin them before it becomes redundant.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Digital Fingers posted:

That said I have been to a demonstration on the opposite side of antifa before and I had a good time calmly discussing my views with the non-antifa protesters.

It's nice to have liberals literally stand on the side of fascists IRL and talk about their "nice calm discussions" as if they're the epitome of reason.

"Come on guys, racism is over. get outa here!"

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think it's cool that anyone got stabbed, but it sure is hard to feel sympathy for nazis, either original or neo flavoured

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

It's nice to have liberals literally stand on the side of fascists IRL and talk about their "nice calm discussions" as if they're the epitome of reason.

"Come on guys, racism is over. get outa here!"

It's not just liberals but i've also had close friendships with Crusties, SHARPS (Who aren't anarchists where I'm located, just dudes who want to fight Nazis), Trads, all types of punks and leftists, etc. Turns out a lot of people agree with the message I rep once they get to know me.

Not everyone sees the world in white/black terms.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Digital Fingers posted:

It's not just liberals but i've also had close friendships with Crusties, SHARPS (Who aren't anarchists where I'm located, just dudes who want to fight Nazis), Trads, all types of punks and leftists, etc. Turns out a lot of people agree with the message I rep once they get to know me.

Turns out other liberals love to talk platitudes and "meet in the middle" while literal nazis campaign for genocide right behind them

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

Turns out other liberals love to talk platitudes and "meet in the middle" while literal nazis campaign for genocide right behind them

I think Nazis should be put in gas chambers :^)

e: also antifa

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*a bunch of people who work poo poo jobs waiting tables and making coffee so they can afford a shoebox existence in a rich persons toilet arguing with a bunch of people that live at home with an IT job to fund their various addictions about who's life and sense of purpose is shittier while two multimillionaire criminals argue about who is going to get to destroy the country*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Not surprised. Political extremists / radicals tend to bounce around a lot between ideologies. Like an ex-Nazi becomes a skinhead anti-Nazi. Or an ex-Maoist with Shining Path posters in her dingy apartment gives it up and goes "I'm a fascist now."

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

*"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you." The chief engineer was the only one able to move; he ran to a television set and struggled frantically with its dials. But the screen remained empty; the speaker had not chosen to be seen. Only his voice filled the airways of the country-of the world, thought the chief engineer-sounding as if he were speaking here, in this room, not to a group, but to one man; it was not the tone of addressing a meeting, but the tone of addressing a mind.

"You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

"You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish.

"Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man's mind.

"Men do not live by the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those who do. The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose mind isn't. There are values higher than the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those for whom there aren't.

"While you were dragging to your sacrificial altars the men of justice, of independence, of reason, of wealth, of self-esteem-I beat you to it, I reached them first. I told them the nature of the game you were playing and the nature of that moral code of yours, which they had been too innocently generous to grasp. I showed them the way to live by another morality-mine. It is mine that they chose to follow.

"All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don't. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind.

"We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one's happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt.

"There is a difference between our strike and all those you've practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality-the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind.

"We have granted you everything you demanded of us, we who had always been the givers, but have only now understood it. We have no demands to present to you, no terms to bargain about, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need you.

"Are you now crying: No, this was not what you wanted? A mindless world of ruins was not your goal? You did not want us to leave you? You moral cannibals, I know that you've always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because now we know it, too.

"Through centuries of scourges and disasters, brought about by your code of morality, you have cried that your code had been broken, that the scourges were punishment for breaking it, that men were too weak and too selfish to spill all the blood it required. You damned man, you damned existence, you damned this earth, but never dared to question your code. Your victims took the blame and struggled on, with your curses as reward for their martyrdom-while you went on crying that your code was noble, but human nature was not good enough to practice it. And no one rose to ask the question: Good?-by what standard? "You wanted to know John Galt's identity. I am the man who has asked that question.

"Yes, this is an age of moral crisis. Yes, you are bearing punishment for your evil. But it is not man who is now on trial and it is not human nature that will take the blame. It is your moral code that's through, this time. Your moral code has reached its climax, the blind alley at the end of its course. And if you wish to go on living, what you now need is not to return to morality-you who have never known any-but to discover it.

"You have heard no concepts of morality but the mystical or the social. You have been taught that morality is a code of behavior imposed on you by whim, the whim of a supernatural power or the whim of society, to serve God's purpose or your neighbor's welfare, to please an authority beyond the grave or else next door-but not to serve your life or pleasure. Your pleasure, you have been taught, is to be found in immorality, your interests would best be served by evil, and any moral code must be designed not for you, but against you, not to further your life, but to drain it.

"For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors-between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it.

"Both sides agreed that morality demands the surrender of your self-interest and of your mind, that the moral and the practical are opposites, that morality is not the province of reason, but the province of faith and force. Both sides agreed that no rational morality is possible, that there is no right or wrong in reason-that in reason there's no reason to be moral.

"Whatever else they fought about, it was against man's mind that all your moralists have stood united. It was man's mind that all their schemes and systems were intended to despoil and destroy. Now choose to perish or to learn that the anti-mind is the anti-life.

"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not. His body is given to him, its sustenance is not. His mind is given to him, its content is not. To remain alive, he must act, and before he can act he must know the nature and purpose of his action. He cannot obtain his food without a knowledge of food and of the way to obtain it. He cannot dig a ditch-or build a cyclotron-without a knowledge of his aim and of the means to achieve it. To remain alive, he must think.

"But to think is an act of choice. The key to what you so recklessly call 'human nature,' the open secret you live with, yet dread to name, is the fact that man is a being of volitional consciousness. Reason does not work automatically; thinking is not a mechanical process; the connections of logic are not made by instinct. The function of your stomach, lungs or heart is automatic; the function of your mind is not. In any hour and issue of your life, you are free to think or to evade that effort. But you are not free to escape from your nature, from the fact that reason is your means of survival-so that for you, who are a human being, the question 'to be or not to be' is the question 'to' think or not to think.'

"A being of volitional consciousness has no automatic course of behavior. He needs a code of values to guide his actions. 'Value' is that which one acts to gain and keep, 'virtue' is the action by which one gains and keeps it. 'Value' presupposes an answer to the question: of value to whom and for what? 'Value' presupposes a standard, a purpose and the necessity of action in the face of an alternative. Where there are no alternatives, no values are possible.

"There is only one fundamental alternative in the universe: existence or non-existence-and it pertains to a single class of entities: to living organisms. The existence of inanimate matter is unconditional, the existence of life is not; it depends on a specific course of action. Matter is indestructible, it changes its forms, but it cannot cease to exist. It is only a living organism that faces a constant alternative: the issue of life or death. Life is a process of self-sustaining and-self-generated action. If an organism fails in that action, it does; its chemical elements remain, but its life goes out of existence. It is only the concept of 'Life' that makes the concept of 'Value' possible. It is only to a living entity that things can be good or evil.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

I think taking the time to discuss pro fascist ideals on the internet (who even uses the internet? only nerds with amiga 500s ) and make it clear that Nazis weren't the end all and be all of the movement is probably more effective then hooliganism and stabbing people at this point. Got to reach a critical mass first.

I've been around enough self-declared Nazis so I'm used to it. I had coffee with one Nazi dude who was high profile enough to get banned from some European countries.

Interesting discussion and y'all can be really nice face to face. Nazis are people too, which is obvious of course -- and probably discomforting to anti-fascists since it's easier to create a boogeyman. But I take the ideology seriously enough to insist that the logical conclusion of it is Holocaust and genocide, culling of political opponents, etc.

Digital Fingers posted:

For me the "A,B, and C's" i have for fascism are:
-nationalization of large amounts of property whether or not it extends from businesses to personal ownership
-violence as a moralizing force
-a ends justifying the means mentality of the government
-that societies must unite under the same ideology to reach their fullest potential
-a belief in natural laws rooted in darwinism in some form
On a large enough scale, add those up and you have the recipe for mass murder.

If you think it's unfair you're being conflated with Nazis, then re-examine violence as a moralizing good in the service of a totalizing state aimed at improving society through darwinism. That's a system for producing dead bodies on an industrial scale. That's Auschwitz.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

THE PWNER posted:

Turns out free speech and diversity of opinion are key tenets of liberalism!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Maoist Pussy posted:

Turns out free speech and freedom of assembly are key tenets of liberalism.
:frogon:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also Digital Fingers.

Please keep in mind that dabbling on the internet is one thing, but in practice these real-life Nazi groups are seriously bad news, and your mother or another responsible adult should've told you to stay away from them, for your own good.

The biggest threat, if you get mixed up with them, is not Antifa but other Nazis in these groups who embrace the idea of violence as a moralizing end in itself. If they're not beating up minorities or stabbing people like at this Sacramento rally, they're stabbing each other. Nazis fight among each other more than anyone else. So getting involved with them on a serious level can mean getting hurt.

The anarchists at that rally are high on their own supply about kicking Nazi rear end, and think they're righteous and mighty, despite the fact they got their asses kicked. That's because they're idiots. However, FBI counter-terrorist task forces will not make a big show about it. A lot of these Nazi guys are actively monitored and a good chunk wind up in prison.

Digital Fingers posted:

e: I remember some photo journalist was trying to snap my picture while i was talking to some protestors despite making it clear i didn't want my picture used in a newspaper and the people i was talking to ended up blocking the guys shot on my behalf, that was nice of them.
So please consider that despite not being photographed for the newspaper, there's a solid chance you were photographed by law enforcement without knowing it. And if you talked to several people on the right-wing side of the rally, there's a good chance you talked to a state or federal informant without realizing it.

You shouldn't hang around these guys. And the good news is: You don't have to.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 29, 2016

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

On a large enough scale, add those up and you have the recipe for mass murder.

If you think it's unfair you're being conflated with Nazis, then re-examine violence as a moralizing good in the service of a totalizing state aimed at improving society through darwinism. That's a system for producing dead bodies on an industrial scale. That's Auschwitz.

I don't think it's an unfair comparison as a whole since I literally am supporting dead bodies on an industrial scale; I just don't believe poo poo like melanin, or sexual orientation is a factor that should determine who's bodies. I'd get more specific with the exact details of my beliefs but it requires a poo poo load of typing then a butt load more typing when people take issue and I need to answer with 20 pages of rebuttals and I don't feel like writing my own version of mein kampf ITT.

The rare times I do make specific posts in threads about how I'd go about fixing a thing someone always immediately posts "That's fascism, that's just like the Nazis" and then I have to make 100 posts about fascism instead of what i wanted to talk about in the first place. So it seemed to me that maybe this thread was a good excuse to have a discussion on what exactly fascism is.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

Also Digital Fingers.

Please keep in mind that dabbling on the internet is one thing, but in practice these real-life Nazi groups are seriously bad news, and your mother or another responsible adult should've told you to stay away from them, for your own good.

The biggest threat, if you get mixed up with them, is not Antifa but other Nazis in these groups who embrace the idea of violence as a moralizing end in itself. If they're not beating up minorities or stabbing people like at this Sacramento rally, they're stabbing each other. Nazis fight among each other more than anyone else. So getting involved with them on a serious level can mean getting hurt.

O man, I know it. With out getting into it I have scary, scary people who have been trying to hunt be down for a while and murder my rear end. A few have since gone to jail for murder and at least two others for planting a bomb but they're still out there. It's why I can no longer go it punk shows : (

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Different types of fascism don't mix

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Everything good requires fascism as an ingredient.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Digital Fingers posted:

I don't think it's an unfair comparison as a whole since I literally am supporting dead bodies on an industrial scale; I just don't believe poo poo like melanin, or sexual orientation is a factor that should determine who's bodies. I'd get more specific with the exact details of my beliefs but it requires a poo poo load of typing then a butt load more typing when people take issue and I need to answer with 20 pages of rebuttals and I don't feel like writing my own version of mein kampf ITT.

The rare times I do make specific posts in threads about how I'd go about fixing a thing someone always immediately posts "That's fascism, that's just like the Nazis" and then I have to make 100 posts about fascism instead of what i wanted to talk about in the first place. So it seemed to me that maybe this thread was a good excuse to have a discussion on what exactly fascism is.

so you wanna genocide people based on what? skull circumference?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Waist circumference would make more sense.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

so you wanna genocide people based on what? skull circumference?

You read that part where i said I don't want to type a hundred million words?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
guys it turns out we need a little bit of capitalism, a little bit of communism, and a little bit of fascism

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Digital Fingers posted:

You read that part where i said I don't want to type a hundred million words?

i did but it just seemed like a way of copping out instead of giving what metric you would judge people to be "fit" by and opening yourself up to criticism.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

i did but it just seemed like a way of copping out instead of giving what metric you would judge people to be "fit" by and opening yourself up to criticism.

I thought that admitting that i'd be okay with producing millions of dead bodies would have covered me from the coping out part!

vOv

you'll see me post about some of the stuff eventually i'm sure.
e: just one topic at a time at least, this isn't a ama

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 29, 2016

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Digital Fingers posted:

I thought that admitting that i'd be okay with producing millions of dead bodies

i mean that was implied when you admitted to protesting alongside nazis

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Digital Fingers posted:

I thought that admitting that i'd be okay with producing millions of dead bodies would have covered me from the coping out part!

but you did take the time to assure us that your particular brand of genocide is NOT based on race. as comforting as that is im really curious about your metric now. IQ tests? physical fitness? serving the party? steam achievements?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

i mean that was implied when you admitted to protesting alongside nazis

I admitted that antifa was there actually. I was protesting to ban the burka from government buildings because I don't think a woman should have to spend her life inside a fabric garbage bag because the men in her family believe in a bunch of dumb bullshit.

e: that poo poo shouldn't be allowed in western society

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

but you did take the time to assure us that your particular brand of genocide is NOT based on race. as comforting as that is im really curious about your metric now. IQ tests? physical fitness? serving the party? steam achievements?

it's steam achievements

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Digital Fingers posted:

it's steam achievements

phew, im safe then

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We must secure the existence of our games and a future for steam achievements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Wikkheiser posted:

This is true but the communists hosed up the same way through the Comintern-directed theory of "social fascism." And the German communists even allied with the Nazis in some cases on the local level.

That policy changed really fast once Hitler came into power.

And then changed again when the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was signed.

Then changed again after Barbarossa.

Obviously the communist parties in the West hemorrhaged members every time from all the ideological whiplash.

There was a lot of understandable bad blood between them because the social democrat government in 1919-1923 was more than happy to use right wing goon squads to kill communists and they weren't happy about that.

Also, the KPD's stance with the rise of hitler was pretty much accelerationism so they didn't really step anything up to stop him. They lasted longer than the other opposition parties but Hitler was eventually able to be rid of them.

• Locked thread