Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Jack Trades posted:

One month ago: "We sorry we couldn't deliver financial support for the sky high electricity prices like we promised we would."
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/regeringen-medger-att-de-inte-har-hallit-sitt-vallofte-om-elstod

One month later: "We have delivered financial support like we promised."
https://omni.se/ebba-busch-elstodet-var-pa-plats-innan-1-november/a/EQJL83

Looks like the right-wingers are switching from supporting nuclear energy to supporting gas. Because that sure is some gaslighting going on there.

For a real laugh riot, Ulf Kristersson:

”Hey guys things are bad now so just shut up and don’t critizise the government. Unlike we did, often based on pure lies, non stop all year until we got elected”

https://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/a/76VyRW/kristersson-sverige-ar-i-kris-nu-maste-alla-ta-ansvar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Denmark has among the lowest healthy life expectancy in the EU.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Healthy_life_years_statistics

Sweden is at the top. Imho our tax systems are not so different, so maybe there are more important aspects to look at

What I’m saying is maybe you should eat havregrynsgröt sometimes too, it won’t kill you

E: jesus f k your average swedish woman will be healthy for 15 more years than your average danish woman it’s insane, do you guys eat your cigs like popcorn or what?

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 7, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Lol that you can derail both Turkey's and Sweden's international politics by just putting up a dummy.

Turkey might think that being a bitch about this makes them look strong, but in reality it's the opposite. Hell, it makes me wonder if more people with an interest in spoiling Sweden's asslicking will put up more dolls of their Dear Leader.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

Scandinavia is in kind of a weird position because apart from energy politics, Russia could decide to become real dicks over access to the Baltic sea

How so? Denmark or Sweden could try, maybe even Finland, but Russia is not in the place to block anyone in the Baltic Sea. They’re literally attached to it at a far end pocket.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

KD and M are gettin increasingly belligerent against each other about who's to blame for the energy subsidy shitshow, where Busch recently commenting roughly that any competent politician knew that what Kristersson promised was impossible.

M and SD are getting increasingly belligerent against each other about the whole NATO/Turkey shitshow, with Billström angering BOTH the pro-free-speech old school right wing (for saying that some free speech is bad), AND the bomb-höger (who is desperate at seeing their wettest dream, a NATO Sweden, being bungled up, not bungled up by the right no less), AND the anti-muslims in SD.

This is exactly what I meant that the current government is nothing like Alliansen was when it launched. And while some of the aims of this current batch of right wing are objectively more dangerous than those of Alliansen, I'm also kinda optimistic about them being able to accomplish less. These are the kind of cracks that started to show after like, 4-6 years of Alliansen rule, not 4 MONTHS.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cakebaker posted:

This has always seemed like the best solution to me, but I guess the problem has been to get Denmark and Norway to join when they already have defence agreements. Will be even less likely to happen if Finlans joins Nato on its own.

If the actual threats of a Russian incursion into Finland and Sweden was growing smaller by the month in 2022, the actual threat of a Russian invasion of Sweden that does not touch Norway or Finland is really slim.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Nuclear is also not economically that great compared to, well, most ways to make electricity, but hardly anyone seems to care about that. If you look at modern nuclear plants they often produce electricity at round 1 SEK/kWh, which is like three times as expensive as building wind or solar power.

You can't both complain about expensive electricity AND dry-hump switching to nuclear as the silver bullet like KD is doing.

I.e if you love money, coal and gas makes more sense. If you love the environment, renewables makes more sense. If you like both, renewables still makes mores sense overall.

Also, existing renewable sources doen't take a decade to build, so "build nuclear first and then switch over to renewables" is also an inferior option than, well, just build more renewables.

Honestly I don't get the fawning over nuclear, I get that it's better than loving coal but still, it's not a silver bullet by far.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 25, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

in norway, the young greens are explicitly pro-nuclear.

a couple of issues here:
where i live, right now the price of electricity is 3NOK/kWh. i'd welcome cutting that to a third.

the price per kWh is a bit contentious. as far as i understand it, there's a real possibility that the price per kWh will go substantially down with economies of scale - and also, nuclear provides an effective baseload which doesn't vary with weather. it's also much less area intensive than wind. the alternative arrangement is further integration into the european electricity market, which will wreak havoc on at least norwegian industry.

finally, it doesn't make that much sense for nuclear power to be perceived as so uniquely evil anymore. we've given up on nuclear disarmament, which was imo the strongest principled reason to want to get rid of nuclear power.

Yeah but baseline is that existing renewables for the Swedish market (such as land-based wind) is a lot cheaper than nuclear. Not slightly cheaper, like a third of the price. I can see the point of having nuclear as a smaller base that supports a basket of renewables. But nuclear is not an economic method of electricity production in Sweden. It already survives on subsidies. For nuclear power to take the place of renewables in a green switch (which is more or less the M/KD line) will require a loooooot of state subsidies, since it is such a bad deal economically that no private parties are interested in building it. This is never mentioned by the pro-nuclear factions, at least in Sweden.

Also, the "evil" of nuclear is not nuclear armament, at least hasn't been for five decades in Sweden. The main downsides are the mining of uran (which is super dirty, another thing not mentioned by pro-nuclear), the consequences of accidents (admittedly lower in newer generations of plants) and the waste storage issue.

E: you can of course have different opinions on everything involved here, including if it's good or not for the state to heavily subsidize nuclear power, but my point is that it's a bit more complex than nuclear being cheap and super powerful and great and only resisted by hippies who are stuck in the 80's. It has a lot of cons, and being a comparatively expensive way to make electricity is one of them. But yeah of course I'd rather see the state pay through the nose for nuclear than to burn loving brown coal in Germany, but there are also other options. For example, if you want to build nuclear in Norway because you think your electricity is too expensive, you'd get a hell of a lot of wind and wave power for the same price as a nuclear plant, it'd be online far quicker, and the output over time would be cheaper.

Just today it was revealed that Vattenfall has applied to see if they can expand Ringhals. They estimate that it will take at least nine years. Not building a new plant, just expanding on a current one. Nuclear is a solution if you want to kick the bucket a decade down the road and hope that everything stays fine until then. That's one way that it sucks, it means politicians can SAY they are dealing with the problem without doing anything, as any impact is so far into the future. We need a solution now (or really, a decade ago), not in 2033.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 25, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Anyone who mentions waste as a serious issue I can't take seriously on this.

AFAIK the solution is not going to be settled in another 70 years in Sweden, so at least it's not a finalized and solved issue.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

What if I have a peculiar affection for birds, fish and the pristine mountains?

We've been building a lot of wind turbines in Öresund and the fauna there is healthier than it's been in a decade. Birds and fish are not noticable harned by them.

And if you are a NIMBY preferring your view to renewable electricity you're a part of the problem, not the solution.

But more seriously, the reason why so few new nuclear plants are built in Europe the last couple of decades is not because power companies care about the environment or that they are afraid of nuclear armament, it's simply because they are expensive to build and to operate. It's the big elephant in the room, and if you want to replace your current power production you have to accept that it'll be expensive up front, take a lot of time, and then it will produce electricity that is relatively expensive. You can still love nuclear, sure, but don't try to sell it as a quick and cheap solution.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 25, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Groda posted:

Yeah that's just wrong.

Well that's what the official plan says. There's a plan, but the final say on if it works or not will be in 70 years.

https://www.regeringen.se/artiklar/2022/01/slutforvaret-for-anvant-karnbransle/

"När tillståndet börjar gälla kommer Strålsäkerhetsmyndigheten sedan att pröva varje steg av uppförandet av slutförvaret i en så kallad stegvis prövning. Uppförandet och driften av slutförvaret fram till det att allt kärnbränsle är på plats beräknas ta ca 70 år."

"Om 70 år, när slutförvaret finns på plats och alla kapslar med använt kärnavfall har deponerats, ska den då sittande regeringen pröva om slutförvaret får förslutas permanent."

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 25, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Again, Öresund is healthier than it has been in a looooooong time and there's quite a lot of ocean wind farms in it.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/algraset-brer-ut-sig-i-allt-friskare-oresund

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/6872841

But yeah, there's no way to produce electricity that has zero environmental impact. That's pretty much a given. What we need to look at is the size of impact relative to other methods, and how quickly it can be expanded and to what extent it can be expanded. Facing that, nothing is perfect. But nuclear is far from perfect too, and if we want a decrease in carbon emission now instead of two decades into the future, we can't rely on nuclear.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 25, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

THE BAR posted:

I think that's more despite than because of.

Sure but there's not been a drastic wave of fish jumping up and getting cut into pieces by wind turbines, or whatever scenario is imagined where they have a drastic effect on the sea fauna.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

S is going to need to step up their game. If the current government actually does deliver elstöd. Even a late one. Then the propaganda value of "by November" is going to be zero by the next election. I worry that they will keep harping on that one and decorum stuff until then.

THey need to step up the game but attacking the elstöd, even when delivered, is super easy.

For example, there's no limit on the payments.

Also, the calculations are hosed up, meaning that some consumers will be repaid MORE than what they paid for their electricity.

So basically the elstöd will now PAY rich people with huge homes for using electricity. And how much they are getting is secret for 20 years. So yeah, everything is hosed up and a looooooot of voters are getting poo poo (pretty much everyone in an apartment) while the wealthiest are getting money shoveled over them by the government. It's like peak Moderaterna, and is a very simple talking point for tearing down whatever tiny fig leaf of "Nya Moderaterna" that has survived in some dusty corner of their head office since Reinfeldt's gang was cleared out.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/...ler-hela-landet

Melin (yeah I know, but sometimes she has a point) covered it here. But yeah, S can easily bang the (objectively true) drum that this is a corrupt way for the government to move money from the average voter to the wealthy without going through the typical route of tax cuts etc.

This extension alone is also costing 10 billion SEK, which will also cause rumblings in the Tidölag as the Swedish economy seems to be decreasing faster than expected (BNP going -0.5 this quarter which is lower than pretty much anyone expected), meaning that there'll be even less money to spend on reforms than the meagre outlook of just a few days ago. Basically there's just not that much real politics you can push when the four parties can't agree and you don't have a booming economy allowing you to fund several darling projects of each party at once.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

A colleague of mine could literally be getting paid to heat his stupid enormous country house to 27C.
It's beyond stupid.

Yeah some policies are stupid if you follow the cause and effect a few steps, which makes it easier to for those responsible to shuffle the cards and muddy the waters. This is just plain as day dumb in a way that even non-policy wonks can grasp how amazingly unfair it is. This doesn't solve the issue for M and KD, this will stick to their shoes like poo poo for a long time.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

If companies are taxed any higher, they'll flee the country! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

teen witch posted:

But it’s like bad like real bad. Like I said it was bad before but hachi machi it’s bad.

Have you considered becoming CEO of an energy company? Then you might not be as worried.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

If you're worried about that no problems, Sd just got M to fire the boss at Migrationsverket so that they can appoint someone more trigger-happy about sending away kids while their parents are allowed to stay, old people with incurable deceases etc.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Since no one outside of Sweden is gonna understand what this is about :

The Stockholm Police Chief has been under investigation for several cases of corruption relating to an affair he had with a colleague. He was found dead in his home yesterday night.

https://norran.se/engelska/samhalle/artikel/senior-police-chief-mats-lofving-found-dead/rx3yq3gr

The day when the findings were released and pointed to him being guilty and with a recommendation to fire him. Now the big question is who else is going to be stuck in this amazingly corrupt mess, as it is unlikely that he could have gotten away with all these things without ANYONE in the top tier of the police organization not knowing about it and keeping silent.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Potrzebie posted:

And of course he gets to keep on being a pig, no reason to get rid of such an amazing colleague.

a dark lol at the personalansvarsnämnd deciding, before the verdict, that the police officer would be fired if guilty of more severe case of assault, but if it was a "ringa misshandel" of an innocent victim then it's ok, keep up the good job. Because just bruising up people on the streets as a cop is to be expected, I guess?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

It's rich coming from both ICA and Axfood showering their bosses in bonuses right now for increasing sales the last year.

Even the loving M party is going "eh, you guys are giving capitalism a bad rap, maybe you should tone it down a notch?"

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

And I thought the prices in Sweden weren't too bad.

At my ica yesterday bell peppers was more expensive per kilo than some sweden-produced fresh meat. It’s bonkers.

140+ Sek/kilo, get ouutta heeere

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Hummelgaard floats military service instead of prison for violent offenders. Maybe there's a place for Peter Madsen in the navy?

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2023-03-24-minister-overvejede-at-tilbyde-voldsforbrydere-vaernepligt-i-stedet-for-faengsel

Taking policy ideas from Wagner Group in 2023. Spicy!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Threadkiller Dog posted:

And swedes don't think about Hungary at all :(

Quite sad... aaanyway no actual real people outside the press/poli jerksphere seem to care about NATO anymore so if Uffe K has any brains he will just ignore this until May at the earliest.

The main solace in this farce is that M has for a very long time been one of the more NATO-simping parties, and seeing them fall on their rear end when the ball is on the penalty spot and the goalie has left the stadium is glorious skadeglädje. I wonder how many times Bildt has fantasized about strangling Tobias Billström.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/4oXaqo/elsa-widding-lamnar-sd

Aaaand there the first SD riksdagsledamot became a politisk vilde, starting the period where the lack of majority makes the government shaky at best. Didn’t even last a year.

E: the government plus SD has one more seat now than the opposition. One M seat is empty because of a sex/extortion scandal, and now Miss Q-anon here leaving the party.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 1, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Well, SD has mostly won the war on immigration, they need a new subject to rally the idiots around. I thought they'd be all in on climate change denialism, maybe they're hedging their bets or they can't focus on any singular thing as much as they could hate on brown people.

It’s probably a calculated fight. SD is not doing well as a government (kinda) party. They are a populist missnöjesparti and needs to be in opposition. The solution is to start fights to appease their voters. L is obviously the weakest of the Tidö parties, and their natural enemies, so expect three more years of this. Just the last months we’ve seen SD banging their drums about reduktionsplikten (putting L’s minister of environment in a bad seat), about the state micromanaging culture funding more (a L hot button) and now swexit, with L having a history of being the most pro-EU party for decades. It’s a targeted attack to be able to be against the government without doing it in any meaningful way. Theatre.

Also, today aftonbladet fired some hot scandpol thread shots:

”’Man i badbyxa’ var försvunnen dansk: Tragiskt”

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 3, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Nobody can afford that.

Last visit to Copenhagen this year made me feel young again. As in everything is bloody expensive.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

teen witch posted:

I would think the EU would be doubly punitive if Sweden leaves, because with the UK, it was unprecedented and unknown as to what could happen. And now we know and are witnessing the results of Brexit and turns out not great??

if Sweden is not only stupid enough to watch the UK gently caress up, but then go make the same gently caress up themselves thinking there’s no downsides for Pwecious Sweden, you should be punished for being a dumbass.

Anyway I think Jimmie Jammy has more bigger whammies to deal with right now

Also the Tidö agreement is written by morons, in that many of the ideas SD got into it goes directly against EU rules, and Sweden would lose in EU courts if they tried to follow them. Jimmie needs to blame EU for why his impossible policies are not enacted when his voters ask why he hasn’t kicked out all brown people yet and made petrol free.

Leaving EU has a small and, post-brexit and post-pandemic, shrinking support. Jimmie is grasping at lovely straws here, but his options are not great and hopefully it will just end in an even more dysfunctinal government. Because lol at the idea of Ulf taking control of the situation and deal with Jimmie.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 4, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

A dress shirt, neat pants (nice jeans or chinos) and a blazer. That way you can quickly adjust - drop the blazer if everyone is more casual, roll up your sleave if the place is really casual. That’s how I approach it since I go to everything from workshops and stables to fancy business officed for work. Skipping the tie will almost never be too casual in Scandinavia, while wearing it is more likely to make you look like a fop unless you can really make it work for you and look natural with your style, which is hard if you’re like, under 50.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Woebin posted:

Since we're on the topic, what would y'all recommend for a woman to wear to an interview in these parts? I'll typically go for a fairly nice dress and whatever shoes I can find that go well with it, but I think I've been overdressed at my interviews leading up to my current job and before that was pre-transition so I just dressed like a dude.

I’d say business casual. I’ve been interviewing candidates for qualified government agency positions, and nice blouse and pants or a nice dress would be typical for women candidates. Business casual will do fine.

For our interviews I think truly casual dress could raise an eyebrow. We don’t see many interviewees with jeans and t-shirts so to say, but we also mostly recruit boomers to older millenials. Wearing something obviously scrappy could be held against you, but more as a sign that you’re not good at reading a situation which is important for our specific job. But the only real faux pas was when a younger colleague went to a visit with the department of educatiom wearing flipflops and a wife beater. We still talk about that ten years later and cringe.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 15, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Literally the only things keeping Sweden OUT right now are two semi-fascist national leaders inside NATO who don't want our company. One for obscure reasons and one for overtly wanting us to rewrite our laws to be more authoritarian and remove more of our right to free speech.

NATO is not a Good Guys Club. Let's just leave it at that.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Sek is not weak because of nato lol it has nothing to do with it. It’s been tanking for several years.

There are many things at play, but Riksbanken loving things up for decaded trying to achieve a perfect 2 percent inflation at the cost of everything has a lot to do with it. Supply and demand, worse ed by a hosed up housing market.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 5, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

There's at least one group loving every second of a weak currency. That group is people owning exporting companies.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing Uffe pinkie swore that Sweden will work inside EU to support Turkey's application, at least that's what I gather from news sources. That, and some nefarious "security cooperation" with Turkey - read, we'll help them hunt Kurds and opposition party members. Yay!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

teen witch posted:

I knew it was an inevitability but I expected Sept at the earliest

It's Erdogan. He'll come up with a new demand tomorrow.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

thotsky posted:

One of the most annoying things is the spread of gender reveal parties. Setting aside the conservative gender essentialism at the heart of it, it's just so loving gauche.

At least baby shower parties didn’t stuck (at least I haven’t heard of any lately) so I hope gender reveal parties won’t either.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Mordekai posted:

Is rødt full of dipshits?

Most top level party functionaries of most political parties got there by being dipshits in one way or another. Even in the parties that are less awful policy-wise.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

on the specific note of the "rules-based order" it pretty much just means "what the US says, goes" in international politics. nobody seems to be able to articulate any other rules which stand up to any level of scrutiny, at least

it is interesting to me that so much of our freedom of religion is based on people not being that religious - or rather, on them not feeling strongly that their particular vision of the divine should be universal and have an impact on the lives of other people and not just themselves. it just seems to not be taking religious conviction seriously. it's not clear to me how one would go about establishing freedom of religion which does take religious conviction seriously without abandoning modern secularism, but it would be an interesting topic to read more about - how have societies historically handled religious liberty?

It’s not so hard once you realize that historically, the prevailing stance for most religions has NOT been that outsiders must adopt your beliefs. It’s not even a constant for Christianity and Islam, which has the evangelical trait that has probably given you the image of it being the universal norm.

For example, during Medieval times, you’d have Muslim rulers actively not wanting their Jewish and Christian subjects switch religion, as they were allowed to tax them differently. Baghdad famously was divided into quarters for the various religions - forced conversion was not a universal, or even common, idea in most religions in most periods. The Romans didn’t care what Gods you had if you paid your taxes. The various Chinese dynasties didn’t either unless you happened to start rebellions based on your doomsday cult. And so on.

Lots of people in history have been 100% convinced that their religion is true and deserves devotin and at the same time didn’t care if the neighbours agreed.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 3, 2023

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I feel like the traditions of non-proselytizing religions isn't super relevant, when the only religions of any real significance to this discussion are ones that have vigorously spread their faith through the centuries, often with force of arms or the threat thereof. Like, yeah, maybe the Pagan Romans didn't give a poo poo most of the time, but their Christian counterparts pushed their religious on every continent they touched.

Not sure the Jizya system really counts against their point either, since the religion of the Muslim rulers in question clearly had an impact on people outside the Muslim community.

There are situations where non-prosetylizing religions are extremely violent, like the various Buddhist monk riots across Asia. There are also prosetylizing religions that have, at least temporarily, been rather chill about SOME non-believers, even when being very violent towards other non-believers. poo poo is complicated. My point was rather that I feel it's pretty Eurocentric to claim that the only way to have freedom of religion is a society that is mostly a-religious, or at least apathetic to religion. Especially when history gives us a lot of examples of societies that has been able to have pretty decent degrees of freedom of religion despite a high degree of religiousness. Even within Christian and Muslim societies. I'd probably rather be a Jew or Christian in pre-Mongol Baghdad than a Muslim in modern day India, if you look at the topic of religious freedom.

OTOH yes, it's easy to find some the WORST examples of lack of religious freedom in societies following the Abrahamic religions, even if religious violence is common elsewhere. But Hindus have conducted (and still conduct) some of the most overt religious violence towards competing religious groups in modern times, and that's a non-prosetylizing religion. Again, poo poo's complicated. Often other social conflicts are fought under the banner of religion, even if it's mostly a scapegoat.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I can only assume that the L leadership have decided to make as much money as possible before their inevitable ousting in 2026.

L has been a burning wreck for so many years now that it’s hard to remember that they were once an influential party that regularly had more than 10% of voters.

Trying to explain why it’s very very bad to be racists, but it’s ok for a liberal party to work with a racist party, and it’s bad to attack religious groups but it’s not really so bad for the chairman of the justice committee to attack Islam during a crisis of anti-Muslim rhetoric when your government called on every citizen to show restraint, but it would have been bad to attack Jews in the same way, because Muslims you know *wink wink* but no we are not racists and we see ourselves as the paragons of antiracism. Unless it’s inconvenient.

So yeah, good job turning a SD attack against Islam into an opportunity to throw one of your most experienced politicians (30+ years in riksdagen right?) under the bus. L is truly the worst party when it comes to practical politics. It’s one thing that everything they do is wrapped in ideological inconsistancy. That’s not unique. It’s that they are so bad.