Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Charles Ingalls posted:

Not always, surgery has no place in the curative treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer for instance.
Huh, that's interesting, I didn't know that - I would've thought it'd be fairly similar to another type of cancer that comes from HPV.
In 2016 I got diagnosed with aggressive HPV-related stage 3a penile cancer (which had spread to the sentinel lymph node), and the therapies involved both surgery, as well as IMRT (2 Gray every session for 30 weekdays) and concomitant cisplatin (10mg mixed in 3.5L of fluid once every week for 6 weeks).

The exceptions I was thinking of were along the lines of where a cancer has grown around/into bones, or things of that nature - but you're right, there's way more exceptions than that.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Charles Ingalls posted:

Locally advanced cervical cancer is somewhat similarly treated with 40-45 Gy EBRT (IMRT or VMAT) concomitant with weekly cisplatin followed by brachytherapy (highly radioactive iridium seeds placed in and around the cervix), but no surgery.
There must be a reason for the difference, but right now it escapes me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I guess I have to have my Danish citizenship revoked, because I can't off-hand tell what's on some random address in what I assume to be København.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Actually your netizenship, as all the information required is publicly available on actually working public platforms.
Rude :c

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

En dansker skal i hvert fald heller ikke kommenterer en svenskers tasker, uprovokeret.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

It's one of my favourite reactions of all time.
Dirch Passer has some of the absolute best faces in basically every single movie he's in.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

teen witch posted:

You want it all but you can't have it
It's in your face but you can't grab it
Is that a loving Hampenberg reference in the year <current year>?!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Interestingly enough, the Vikings did a whole lot of trade and what would probably classify as colonization - except that at least for the latter, the reason there's not much evidence of it today, is that the Vikings simply embedded themselves into the existing societies (or died out, like in Great Vineland).

All the same, the trick to having done some absolutely atrocious things is, to borrow a phrase from David Mitchell, to have done it a long time ago and convince everyone you were wearing funny hats when doing it - because the raping, pillaging, and other atrocities of the Vikings isn't really treated with the same seriousness as what other Empires have done throughout history.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Stalins Moustache posted:

tbh unify all scandinavian countries under one single banner and let Førde be the capital
Førde Union

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

We accepted the sins of empire as our own when we took over the institutions that perpetrated them, in the kind of respectful and moderate manner in which we did it. Had we executed every monarch and noble, every (beneficiary) descendant of slavers, we could argue that those sins were not ours - but we did not.
I'm curious about this part, because I find it difficult to square.

It seems to me you're setting up an impossible situation where we could either go limp and die out (not something humans have a habit of doing, otherwise we wouldn't be here - so I don't really consider it an option), or commit more atrocities which in no way absolve us of the atrocities we already committed.
That's Hobson's choice, and just perpetuates a circle of violence.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Anders posted:

Why are those the two only choices?
That's what I completely failed to get at, yes.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

NFX posted:

en femmer på at han abdicerer
:toxx:: En sekser på at han gør danmark til et monarki.

THE BAR posted:

Hun kan da ikke bare flygte fra den synkende skude!
Det går ellers fint med at flygte.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ingen usandheder her.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

2024 skal nok gå. :toot:
Et sekund for hvert sekund!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

A lot of the naming is based on the archaic halv-'whatever' to indicate a numerical. 'Halv-anden' is the only word still in common usage in danish, and it means a half before two, or 1.5. In the same vein there's halv-tredje (2.5), halv-fjerde (3.5) and so on.

You then do the logic mumbojumbo and multiply your halv-'whatever' with 20 to get the proper number. This is also reflected in the old way of saying the numbers' names, eg. 70 is halvfjerdsindstyve, where you say your multiplicative modifier and finish it off with saying twenty. You pretty much word out arithmetic and everyone nods along because that makes total sense.

And to complete the mess you throw in a few unique names in the beginning.

10: Ti
20: Tyve
30: Tredive
40: Fyrre
50: Halvtredsindstyve (2.5 * 20)
60: Tresindstyve (3 * 20)
70: Halvfjerdsindstyve (3.5*20)
80: Firsindstyve (4*20)
90: Halvfemsindstyve (4.5*20)
I like that we have a base-20 counting system, and nobody has any clue why or how we even got it, since it's apparently got no relation to the French base-20 counting system.

BonHair posted:

I use halvtredje and friends occasionally. My wife understands but thinks it's dumb, everyone else just don't understand. But if enough of us do it, maybe we can bring it back.
:sickos:

Anders posted:

Please don't bring it back. You already have problems understanding another

This is how you end up coming home from the isenkram with a thousand bottles of milk

Anders posted:

Kamelåså?

Edit: I assumed this had been posted ITT half a thousand times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykj3Kpm3O0g
It's impressive how much cultural penetration that Uti Vår Hage sketch has had :allears:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Esran posted:

No worries, Danish ships are purely decorative, they can't actually shoot.
:rubby:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thread title seems like an understatement.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

You have to account for the enormous amount of literal pig poo poo on Denmark also.
But OP, it's an unenumerable amount!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Denmark has icky water? I learn something fun every day.
Kildevæld, which I'm sure will be familiar to any Dane and most tourists, is bottled in Saltum from the well that taps into the same aquifer as where my local waterworks gets its water - so it's highly dependent on where you live.
It also tastes markedly different than even water from Aalborg, which is less than 30km from here - so much so, that people will remark on it even without being told about Kildevæld coming from here.

Best water I've ever tasted is from a natural spring near Hobro harbor.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

English-speaking people don't call it Kvindernes Internationale Kampdag, which is a pity.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Anders posted:

Every racist isn't danish but ever dane is racist until proven otherwise. I don't make the rules unless I make them up
If this was smørrebrød, there'd be more smør than brød, at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lmao at cepos being cepos