Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's this mean?

If you hire people to do housework like carpentry, cleaning, whatever you can write it off in the taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Angepain posted:

Sandwiches with one piece of bread aren't real sandwiches

fight me

Thats why they are called smørrebrød.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Fik lasagne med blåost idag det var vildt nok.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Well I'm from Chicago and Denmark is apparently about the same size as Cook County ( like 20 percent bigger) so I'm not to concerned with distance. I travel a good hour or more sometimes just to go somewhere.

I think just getting around would be my main concern.

Very good because cheap living in Aarhus proper is nonexistant, at least the media theres people whining every year.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Well optimally I'd hoped to find someone willing to do a 1 to 2 year lease paid in full in a neighboring area near the university with easy access to public transportation.

Oh sorry, I thought optimally you wanted to live in the construction areas near the harbor area crawling on your knees to school up the hills.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Before you decide to settle somewhere check rejseplanen.dk to see how the commute is.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

McCloud posted:

Why are you calling him tink?

LF poster

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Hey Danish goons, where do you get your news? and what papers/magazines are good for secondary analysis?

I read the newspaper I pay subscribsion for... jk lol

Information.dk
b.dk
politiken.dk
eb.dk

These are both primary and secondary news sources, just steer clear of the "blogs" on b.dk as they are written by crazy people.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Strikes are coming to Denmark, most notably the anestesians and ortophedians are striking. Should create some chaos at least.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
We don't need a general strike, that would just empty the strike coffers faster. Just make the people whose absens is very noticable strike.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Any news on the union conflicts in Denmark? I live in Iceland now so I'm a bit isolated from that sphere.

Lockout and strike postponed by 14 days, so should start the strike the 20th and the lockout around the 22th. If the deals arent made by then that is.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

It's rare you know exactly when you decided something, but my desire to pursue Danish citizenship just finally died reading this.

So you can't vote against it but just sit around and let it happen? Nice complacency.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

hello scandinavians please tell me which liquor from your home country i should drink while reading the reports from this thread

Mose-pors snaps.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
DF is just distraction tactics from the economical policies of the right wing, constantly talking about them is running their errands.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Corydon wasnt elected he was appointed I think.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Amerikanere projektere altid for sindsygt haha. Fordi deres eget retssystem er latterligt.

Selvom vores retssystem også kan være lidt latterligt. Lidt for milde domme for vold og sådan, self. ikke lige tilfældet med AsAP sagen.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
No need raise taxes just need to make the rich not dodge taxes. Collect that poo poo.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Skrid - du har ikke noget gummi.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

lilljonas posted:

It’s the great chain of scandi migration for cheeper booze and bars where your neighbours are sure to not see you act like a pig. Norwegians go to Sweden, Swedes go to Denmark, Danes go to Germany.

And the Germans go to Poland haha.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
the biography JENS OTTO KRAG by Bo Lidegaard is what gave me the best understanding of how the Danish welfare system came to be and came to be sustained.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Spanish is to me the worst sounding european language. Its very hard to seperate sounds. Guess its like Danish in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Nice