Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Alhazred posted:

During the first few months of the war one million railroad cars loaded with industrial equipment, raw materials, and people departed from the frontline areas. /16 I won't delve into specifics of the scale of the Soviet program of deporting the civilian population. This I have done in some detail in The Dissolution. Suffice it here to note that before the war upward of 90 million people were living in the Soviet areas conquered by Germany during the Second World War. The Soviets deported anywhere between 25 and 30 million of them. They concentrated their deportation efforts on specific groups. Thus, they preferred the urban to the rural population, the skilled to the unskilled, and large educated minorities (Jews and Russians in the Ukraine, White Russia, and in the Baltic countries) to the more hostile native population. Because the Soviets had begun their deportation program long before the outbreak of the war and because the western frontier areas were generally not densely populated, the Soviet cities which fell into German hands during the first few days and weeks of the war were greatly depopulated - up to 90 percent in some cases and over 50 percent on the average. The cities tended to show greater deportation percentages if they were located in the Ukraine or White Russia, rather than in the Baltic countries; if they were located near the western frontier rather than further east; and if they had large educated minorities than if the native population predominated.

Months late, of course, but as half the thread is about definitions of Nazism I figured it was important to point out that the author of the above text (and the linked paper and book length treatment it refers to) was a holocaust denier.

Or, as he calls it in that very paper:

quote:

the alleged German genocide of Soviet Jews, or indeed, of the Soviet Slavs.

Some criticism:

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2007/08/crazy-world-of-walter-sanning-part-1.html?m=1

PoontifexMacksimus fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Apraxin posted:

jesus christ, the succ, it knows no boundaries
https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1229134997736611840

4 november:
Kommer den vänsterextremistiska Sanders-regimen utgöra ett hot mot världssamfundet, och vilka åtgärder måste vi ta till för att förhindra framväxten av liknande extremistiska rörelser i Europa? SVT rapporterar.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Svenska "Bernie Bros" - vänsterns återvändande IS-krigare? Säpos talesman kommenterar,

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

As someone with 2000 hours in Battlefield 4...

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

That's a lot of dead Swedes

V. Illych L. posted:

i don't think it's a stretch to say that some people were freaking out about the mountains of corpses etc sure to result from the swedish policy beyond what seems from these data to be justified. it's unclear to me what we can learn from this more broadly, though.

Goons are always wrong, usually for the worse but sometimes for the better?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Welp. That is pretty good, especially the Wow! even if it's more continental than Scandinavian...

Green should definitely be above FiM tho.

Feliday Melody posted:

What's the deal with rich people trying to normal stuff and failing to pull it off.

You can't even catch a rich person eating a chocolate bar without them using a fork and knife.

Or whatever Steve Buttigieg was doing to this cinnamon bun.

What on earth does dinner time at a rich family even look like?

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1252012223435886593?s=20

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

It’s nearly 1:1 with American right wing talking points, uncannily so. Are the fash here too lazy or too incompetent to create their own bigotry? Importing hatred adds an extra slimy layer of pathetic on an already horrible thing.

Swedish media has always been pathetically obsessed with US politics even before SD entered parliament. Daily updates several pages long on the latest minutia from the US presidential campaign trail. Swedes can name more American members of congress than European heads of state (or Swedish members of parliament, probably).

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

It's a lib shitrag and had a literal Mossad agent as Chief Editor for a number of years.

Who was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Rappaport posted:

Hey, Finland is the only Axis state that wasn't occupied

Of course we can have a discourse about project Stella Polaris and how Svärje felt about the Third Reich, but water under the bridge right

Which HoI4 mod is this character from, again?

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stella_Polaris

Den finländske underrättelsechefen Aladár Paasonen, vilken jämte Reino Hallamaa hade högsta ansvar för operationen, levde fram till 1970-talet i USA.

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alad%C3%A1r_Paasonen

Aladár Antero Zoltán Béla Gyula Árpád Paasonen, född 11 december 1898 i Budapest i dåvarande Österrike-Ungern, död 6 juli 1974 i Flourtown i Pennsylvania i USA, var en finsk officer och underrättelseman.

[...]

Aladár Paasonen var son till den finländske professorn i lingvistik Heikki Paasonen och hans ungerska hustru Mariska Paskay de Palásthy. Han deltog som underlöjtnant i finska inbördeskriget på den vita sidan och befordrades 1920 till löjtnant. Åren 1921–1922 studerade han vid École supérieure de guerre, där bland hans klasskamrater fanns Charles de Gaulle.

[...]

Tillsammans med Reino Hallamaa var Paasonen ansvarig för Operation Stella Polaris, då underrättelsetjänstens hemliga material flyttades till Sverige. Han rekryterades därefter av den franska underrättelsetjänsten, och senare av CIA, för att arbeta i Västeuropa under efterkrigstiden.