Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Exinos posted:

I'm tempted to buy a Menoth battlebox but I really don't need yet another Revenger or Repenter. Wish the lights were multi-kit or there was ever a metal Vigilant just to be able to convert them to something I might ever need.

Repenter spam is the new meta haven't you heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If I wanted to get back in, what looks like the default stuff for Khador these days? I have a lot of random stuff but most of it is from MK1/early MKII. I'd like to use Butcher2 or Sorscha because those are the two casters I have painted up, but I do have Vlad 2, Karchev and Irusk somewhere. I'd also enjoy it if the Behemoth was at all viable since I have spent about 60 hours painting one.

behemoth is loving incredible, post the pictures

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What exactly was your Amon list? I played him this weekend and got loving slaughtered and I'd like more ideas to not get slaughtered.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21be-0jge0m0t0F090v1u23231Y
(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Crusader [10]
- Devout [9]
- Guardian [15]
- Reckoner [16]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Vigilant [9]
- Templar [15]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Armory

Mostly 'how many painted heavies can I fit in 75 pts' but everything was pretty handy - the templar is a great fortify target and I jammed with it in every game, guardian is your MAT7/9 synergy starter, reckoner provides flare/ashenveil/a gun and has the longest threat, vanquisher means you're not helpless against infantry swarms, and crusader handles cleanup at POW23. Meanwhile you're surprise shield guarding with the templar/devout and keeping Amon safe with the vigilant. Armory on the vanquisher saved my butt against Cryx. The chain weapons are also great.

Someone just pointed out the Menoth forums you can throw Amon 6" or 9" with a castigator or judicator, build synergy, then forfeit Amon's combat action, advance 6" with parry (or 8" with mobility if you need it), then buy flashing blade attacks. If you're willing to risk taking a POW18+3d6 (only kills him on triple 6's if you spend focus) you can throw at an enemy target to avoid deviation. This gives him 19" of personal threat and you get to measure out to see if it's doable before you commit.

Thanks for this, this is a very different selection of Jacks than I had been taking, and I was also married to taking Idrians with him.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

it's fine, he can still sing concealment or tough to Severius, we're still okay

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I netlisted the Texicon champion Pissing Contest list, i'm ready to fuckin go

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Really wanna run this but I'm afraid no one will play with me ever again.

Hierarch Severius - WJ: +26
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Templar - PC: 15
- Blessing of Vengeance - PC: 13

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

give one of those jacks a gun, hashtag menoth awareness

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

PaintVagrant posted:

In the protectorate, food brings you power. See also, Anson Durst

According to the grognards on Facebook, Durst is meant to be a normal-sized human in power armor, and I now know this because I got a fair amount "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhactually" about swapping my Durst's head out for a 40k Sanguinary Guard bare head.

Basically i'm saying gently caress those guys

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

what's with that hair

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

well it's significant so it's probably both those things

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I keep looking at my painted Testament and get discouraged by the amount of infantry dudes I'd need to bring with him

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Gonna be a Venger Seneschal too, sooner rather than later:

http://store.privateerpress.com/exemplar-vengers-seneschal-horse-cloth

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Khisanth Magus posted:

That is the unit leader.

Welp I guess Kreoss3 already buffs them enough

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So what were your lists

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah if you're running Thyra without taking the Blood Of Martyrs you're on dust

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Geisladisk posted:

Played pFeora yesterday. My opponent was Legion, running Kallus. Kallus' feat turns his friendly warrior models which die on his feat turn into Incubi, which is a really thematic and cool feat.

Unfortunately, my opponent didn't realize that models killed by continuous fire do not turn into Incubi, because they don't die until the start of his following turn. The abominations were purged by flame. :getin:

pFeora's feat is absolutely insane against infantry heavy armies. I don't really understand why she didn't see more table time in Mk2.

basically because everything she does, Reznik1 (Ignite & Engine of Destruction) and Feora2 (fire) do better

Having said that, what was your list? I have pFeora on my painting table

mp5 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 28, 2016

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the friend is wrong, you don't get to Shifting Sands and then run.

Though you can forfeit your movement or action to get Shifting Sands, if you forfeit either you cannot then run.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I want to run that into a Karchev spam list and see who wins

Probably Karchev :(

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

When is the errata projected to drop?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

what's your list?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

His activation ends after he repositions, unless you mean you finished off the vengers on a subsequent turn?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So the list is basically High Reclaimer, Zealots+UA and all the weapon master infantry you own? Because I have five units of Knights

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Geisladisk posted:

why do you have five units of knights?

Because my favorite list in Mark2 was Kreoss2's theme force. To be fair only 4 of my units are assembled.

I'll give a flavor of that HR list a go I think! When HR uses his feat the models have to be in placed in formation and also within his control area, right? Or am I misreading it and only one model in the unit has to be in his control area?

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 17, 2016

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Sounds like I need to watch some High Reclaimer games, the 10 inch control area seems like you'd have to keep HR way too far forward for my liking, even with clouds covering him

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I played Reznik2 the other day. I might play him into every hordes matchup. The extra move on Scourge is amazing and adding in the covenant creates a whole second bubble of my opponent not being able to do poo poo to Reznik.

Reznik2
Madelyn
Devout
Templar
Crusader
Scourge of Heresy

Max Idrians + UA
Min Choir
1 Wrack
Vassal Mechanik
Covenant of Menoth

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This Feora probably also has Reposition 5 since she is on a horse.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

I've finally tidied up my Judicator so I want to play it at a tournament this weekend. Who should I use it with?

This is my Judicator list. Defender's Ward on the Idrians until enough of them are dead that it makes sense to put it on Judicator. You can also swap Tristan for a Reclaimer + Wrack to have that Redeemer firing POW 18 shots assuming all your debuffs and buffs are in play.

(Kreoss 1) High Exemplar Kreoss [+29]
- Judicator [36]

Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Attendant Priest [3]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Initiate Tristan Durant [4]
- Redeemer [11]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Wrack [1]

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah the new Broken Egg tokens are nice but mine have issues with alignment on the images and even one misspelling.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CaptCommy posted:

So far, I've seen Stanglehold and Annihilation Arcane.

Menoth has 'Combat Coodrination'.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Iceclaw posted:

Most of Khador's don't follow that rule. :v:

Same goes for most of Menoth :v:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

Ran that Kreoss1 list over the weekend, popped and dropped Thyra, Nemo3, and Vyros1 (and lost to High Reclaimer) Good times. Highlight was realising Nemo was standing out of feat range behind a line of steady models ... which were all in a trench, so Eiryss could just see over them and tag him.

Did you find the extra shots with the second Redeemer more valuable than the damage buff from Aiyana & Holt or were you wishing you had them? I have a hard time letting A&H go in my list

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

I didn't miss A&H at all, but I didn't really shoot at anything I could have tagged with her. I was shooting rangers / daughters / mage hunters / knights exemplar mostly, and the caster - and the extra shots were amazing against the caster.
I missed Rhoven way more - butts wrecked me against HR, stealth meant I was relying on scatters to work against Thyra, and even ignoring concealment would have been handy against knocked down targets at RAT1. Also the shield guards would have been really handy against Ret as my judicator was half broken from magical guns by the time I was assassinating.

Eiryss1 was an absolute star though, even when I couldn't reach the caster with her disrupting the nearest knocked down jack meant Kreoss could feat in safety even if the assassination had failed.

What would you cut for Rhoven? A Monk and Orin?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

That'd give me a reason to actually use the Vessel of Judgment I had commissioned

It feels like the TEP is just miles beyond every other battle engine in Mark3

e: and yeah dual attack on the Judicator would be criminal

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 9, 2016

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

yeah man enix used to make some cool RPGs

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah people (some in this thread) were super pissed about EE and it ended up being that Calandra is still excellent, it was a fine time to not play Trolls

Then Ragnor came out

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

High Reclaimer untouched

I guess I should start playing him

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

My first thought is I need more than 3 Crusaders

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I finally bit the bullet and picked up some Flame Bringers. I'm not looking forward to assembling them but I am looking forward to them never getting hit with Defender's Ward and working in the new Flameguard theme force

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

When I bought 1200 bucks of Legion from someone on bartertown they came in a battlefoam bag that itself was in a larger cardboard box packed with peanuts around it. Everything was quite secure and I'll be doing something similar with it since I'm going to probably resell it soonish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I mean Gravus does buff other Exemplars but he also hits like a truck and collects souls to hit like more trucks

Gravus owns