Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Action Man posted:

Eisner was still pretty defensive about it in 1972.

I do think this is an amazing example of someone missing the wood for the trees. Like the complaints being made by the interviewer are accurate, that aren't in any way elevated by Ebony doing a really good job. In fact they are still there with how he draws and speaks.

I will say that Eisner does manage to perfectly capture the smug tone and bloated vocabulary of an faux-intelectual/journalist in this strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Decius posted:

Haven't we discussed that a few weeks ago already? They refused to define her through her sexuality, basically calling it "this is the book for bisexuals, read it!", not that they refused to call her bisexual. Because if you read the Angela run it was full of their loving relationships. The three protagonists were two bisexual women and a trans lesbian woman, who in the end formed a loving family, while one of the bi-sexual women searched for her lost female lover from a erased reality. That's not a case of "you could see it if you read the subtext in a certain way" like with Kitty Pryde or "let's not dwell into the male loving side of bisexual too much/at all" like with Deadpool or Hercules.

At the risk of going into an argument over a subject that I really don't care too much about....how is Hercules bi-sexual?

Like I remember some outrage about this online a while ago, but I discounted it as I never understood where people were coming from.

Like is Herc supposed to be bi-sexual based on the joke featuring Northstar from his funeral during Greg Pakk's run?
Or is it something to do with how in the mythologies that Herc was supposed to have slept with men? Since Marvel is free to pick and chose which aspects of mythology they do and don't use.

After all,they do it all the time with all their mythological characters. Zeus being the Greek name for the God, but Hercules being his Roman name as opposed to Herakles, so already Marvel's Hercules reads as a greatest hits mix of the mythological strong man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The original is Super Villian Team Up. It ran for about 15 issues and got collected in an Essential format. It has an amazing Dr.Doom takes over the world story and challenges Magneto to take it back from him. And a story where Dr.Doom fights the Red Skull on the moon.

Also try and find the 4 issue Super Villian Team up series from a few years ago. That one was aces.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

redbackground posted:

Is that the one where they're walking down the street with some kind of altered appearance technology and uh, it was very entertaining?

It's the Sinister Six walking down the street and Mysterio makes them look like punk rockers and then changes them to look like Japanese school girls. I posted scans of it a while back. I'll find it.

• Locked thread