Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah, Delta seems to have genuinely liked Sean. Hence the "Happy End" where he lives the perfect life in the quantum computer forever. He seemed remarkably chill with Mira, considering that she was the dick who ruined everyone's lives, but I guess he must have come to terms with the fact that if she hadn't have done that he'd never have existed.

Stable timeloops are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

voltcatfish posted:

I'm unsure why people think Delta was making every choice, but there's no way he's not responsible for the "No it wasn't me! I swear!" choices.

I'm not sure that's true. It could easily have been us as '?' doing it.

We know that Delta was dead in a lot of the timelines, so he can't have been controlling the choices there. Given that we perceive the timelines where Delta's alive and the ones where he's dead in exactly the same way, I'm inclined to think that we're seeing though Diana, Carlos and Delta's eyes in their respective fragments, which implies to me that we must be '?'. Delta just doesn't have access to some of things that we see, as he can't SHIFT, whereas, if we're some randomly moving 4-dimensional being, it explains both the choice mechanics and the fact that we experience everything out of order. Plus it explains why we externally observe what happens in some fragments after the viewpoint character has SHIFTed out/before they've SHIFTed in.

Regy Rusty posted:

It kinda gets overshadowed because so many of the timelines involve him pointing a gun at someone, but in the one where they kill the other two teams with the acid, he really breaks down

Yeah, I pitied Eric, which I think is what they probably wanted us to get out the character, so job done.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

voltcatfish posted:

i'm glad sean is going to rewrite the entire game's timeline so everybody is happy

Almost a third of the characters in this game are genuinely good people with no real flaws, which is insane for a Zero Escape game.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Raxivace posted:

While I enjoyed how stuff from previous games were remixed here (Most notably the return (Or origin?) of the AB Game), I wish there would have been a puzzle based around Digital Roots somehow. Solving the anagrams would have been cool too.

I assume that's where Akane originally gets the idea. I thought it was going to be one of those timetravel paradoxes, where it has no start, but no. Delta thinks of it, then Akane uses it again.

...Unlike Diana's/Phi's brooch, which is never made. Diana get's it from Phi, who gives it to Phi, who eventually gets burned alive, so Diana gets it back. It has no origin.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I knew there was something off about that dog.

• Locked thread