Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Crain posted:

Now it's all about vine and twitter "moments".

Expect a 25 part vine epic in the coming weeks.

I guess it's time to officially admit that I'm old.

Deep down, I've known it for a while, but this just puts the nail in the coffin.

Time to roll up my sweat pants and spend the evening soaking my feet in epsom salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hagane and sky blazer look like legit good and fun games

iirc Hagane was a rental-only Blockbuster exclusive. It was one of those games where you could do mad crazy elaborate fighting game style stunts but they weren't actually useful playing the game

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Watching the Jax & Daxter VOD.

Really wish I could switch all my media handles over to TeleportuGateu

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I watched the Jak and Dexter run and in my humble opinion the first hour is a cringefest of forced memes and the second hour is significantly better but still overshadowed by grey-shirt-guy's constant comments, most of which are Chibi levels of funny except he also keeps laughing about his own "jokes" all the time. I have to admit that seeing bonesaw slowly descend into madness has a certain pull to it and there are some pretty good donations but as a whole it's just a bit too annoying for me and in a GDQ that has Pepsi Man I cannot with a good conscience endorse this for the coveted Best Run Award.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entenzahn posted:

I watched the Jak and Dexter run and in my humble opinion the first hour is a cringefest of forced memes and the second hour is significantly better but still overshadowed by grey-shirt-guy's constant comments, most of which are Chibi levels of funny except he also keeps laughing about his own "jokes" all the time. I have to admit that seeing bonesaw slowly descend into madness has a certain pull to it and there are some pretty good donations but as a whole it's just a bit too annoying for me and in a GDQ that has Pepsi Man I cannot with a good conscience endorse this for the coveted Best Run Award.

hmm

nah

pepsiman is good though

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jak & Daxter started out awkward for a few minutes and then it was amazing. Bonesaw is a cool dude.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I just finished watching Jax and Daxter and all I can say is waow

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
If you say the words forced meme in conjunction, you should reevaluate.

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015
I like my memes to not be forced. They should come naturally. Like, when I say something funny and someone else repeats it.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Crain posted:

Now it's all about vine and twitter "moments".
Moments is the most useless Twitter feature, even by comparison to every other useless new Twitter feature in the last 3 years.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Incoherence posted:

Moments is the most useless Twitter feature, even by comparison to every other useless new Twitter feature in the last 3 years.
It's so useless that they won't give me Highlights on the desktop web site because they know those are superior

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Eonwe posted:

this event was a success if only for the fact that nobody had sex with anyone elses wife the we are aware of

What's the story behind this

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So what was the "social eating" thing? I don't really watch Twitch so I had never heard of it until Bonesaw was like "I brought this cookie, so it's social eating now"

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Aces High posted:

So what was the "social eating" thing? I don't really watch Twitch so I had never heard of it until Bonesaw was like "I brought this cookie, so it's social eating now"

Twitch has a Social Eating tag now, inspired by the spread of Mukbang.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Jak & Daxter started out awkward for a few minutes and then it was amazing. Bonesaw is a cool dude.
It's a great example of a stellar couch helping the runner relax and get comfortable.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Digirat posted:

What's the story behind this

you're better off not knowing, really. It's not as interesting as it sounds.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've had to watch Bonesaw's run in spurts because I'm legitimately hurting my mouth from smiling so much. Waow!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to break down the whole setup?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ESA schedule:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10pDzvMt-RmudFO1E9hN0mPx58PRBevPqH4zhPxYyFB0/edit#gid=0

pokemon snap and doritos crash course :getin:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Aces High posted:

Hace has it right but didn't explain what Mukbang is. If you didn't google it: It's literally the food equivalent of a LP. It's weirdly popular in Asian countries. People will order a huge amount of take out or go get food or make dinner (I guess, most examples I've seen involve delivery) and just...eat it on stream. And talk about the food. Like, the nicest way I could describe it is as a "live food critic review". But it's not really. It's literally just people eating on stream.

And you watch them.

EDIT: Also it's not like they're ordering from high end places or eating obscure or rare stuff. Just lots of eating normal food.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The real oddity of social eating is that Twitch actually has a lot of really bizarre and specific rules about using (or not using) the Social Eating tag.

Like, if you're streaming some Counter-Strike and you take fifteen minutes to eat a sandwich and soda, you need to switch to Social Eating. Meanwhile, if you take fifteen minutes to eat a bag of Cheetos, you're supposed to turn your stream off because you can't not be gaming while using a gaming channel and you can't use Social Eating if you're eating junk food.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

eh if there is anything I have learned it's that if there is something weird in the world it proooobably came from Asia. I still don't understand why Vocaloid is a thing so the fact that people will pay to watch other people eat lovely food, that honestly isn't that surprising

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's not like Asia pioneered the strange idea of watching other people cooking and eating, cooking shows have been a staple of American TV for over fifty years.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RyokoTK posted:

It's not like Asia pioneered the strange idea of watching other people cooking and eating, cooking shows have been a staple of American TV for over fifty years.

I mean, cooking shows aren't about watching other people EAT, they're about watching other people COOK and make fancy recipes and poo poo. This is literally people eating whatever, as far as I can understand. It's weird as gently caress to me but let's be fair, we just watched nerds play games fast for a week, I'm not sure we get to judge anything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RyokoTK posted:

The real oddity of social eating is that Twitch actually has a lot of really bizarre and specific rules about using (or not using) the Social Eating tag.

Like, if you're streaming some Counter-Strike and you take fifteen minutes to eat a sandwich and soda, you need to switch to Social Eating. Meanwhile, if you take fifteen minutes to eat a bag of Cheetos, you're supposed to turn your stream off because you can't not be gaming while using a gaming channel and you can't use Social Eating if you're eating junk food.

These aren't really rules that Twitch will go out of their way to enforce though. They aren't gonna penalize you for not switching your stream off because you chose to take a snack break and have your camera on just you eating. Especially because a lot of the time people will use that as an opportunity to do a little Q&A with chat, and Twitch is not gonna do anything for that. Dodger (DexterityBonus) for instance does an hour long Q&A, sitting and drinking coffee in her PJs morning stream every saturday where it's just her on camera with the chat, half the time not even talking about video games. I mean hell, Crendor, if any of you know who that is, will leave his stream sometimes for like 45 minutes with the camera just on his empty chair and he's never gotten in trouble for it (in fact he somehow gains viewers).

You kind of have to go out of your way to really get the Twitch admins attention enough for you to get in trouble for breaking minor rules.

Dias posted:

I mean, cooking shows aren't about watching other people EAT, they're about watching other people COOK and make fancy recipes and poo poo. This is literally people eating whatever, as far as I can understand. It's weird as gently caress to me but let's be fair, we just watched nerds play games fast for a week, I'm not sure we get to judge anything.

What about shows like Man vs Food? Shows where Anthony Bourdain or Gordon Ramsay go around trying different foods? Weird as it sounds, people like to watch other people eat. I bet it's especially popular with people who don't make a lot of money that wish they could go around the world and try all these foods and instead have to live vicariously through the tv personalities.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Aces High posted:

eh if there is anything I have learned it's that if there is something weird in the world it proooobably came from Asia. I still don't understand why Vocaloid is a thing so the fact that people will pay to watch other people eat lovely food, that honestly isn't that surprising

haha yeah those crazy asians, not like us enlightened, normal westerners

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Macaluso posted:

These aren't really rules that Twitch will go out of their way to enforce though. They aren't gonna penalize you for not switching your stream off because you chose to take a snack break and have your camera on just you eating

Then why write the rules at all? Who cares? It's just odd that they had to write so many rules about the channel that they want people to use if they're eating and not playing a game for a while.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RyokoTK posted:

Then why write the rules at all? Who cares? It's just odd that they had to write so many rules about the channel that they want people to use if they're eating and not playing a game for a while.

Who knows? Maybe they have to write those rules for some legal reasons or to appease advertisers? Rules not being strictly enforced is a thing that happens literally everywhere at all times. I'm just sayin that despite those rules they probably aren't going to come down hard on you for them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

What about shows like Man vs Food? Shows where Anthony Bourdain or Gordon Ramsay go around trying different foods? Weird as it sounds, people like to watch other people eat. I bet it's especially popular with people who don't make a lot of money that wish they could go around the world and try all these foods and instead have to live vicariously through the tv personalities.

Eh, those shows are more travel shows than eating shows. I'll say that seeing people react to eating weird poo poo has been a thing for the longest time tho.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Mukbang sounds like some kind of Pokemon themed bukkake

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Was pepsi man a full priced game? And were japanese games the equivalent price of other countries?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rorus Raz posted:

I'd estimate at least 40 manhours of work, way more if you count world9 collecting all their TVs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope six months from now I go around exclaiming "take a bath" after all my small victories.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Teardown took less than 24 hours, but I believe we didn't need to takedown the risers and tables for the stage (they were the hotels). There were also a large amount of people helping load stuff.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Rorus Raz posted:

I slept in until 4pm the day after and didn't actually get downstairs until about 6, and then I went to eat. And then played a game of Resistance. And we still had everything packed up in plenty of time to go play a few rounds of Codenames before I crashed into bed again at around 2am.

Granted other people were up and actually doing things well before I was, but still. :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

living the dream

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how does one sign up to volunteer at adgq

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Mortimer posted:

how does one sign up to volunteer at adgq

They put up some threads and forms on SDA shortly before AGDQ

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can i volunteer to be Caleb Hart's handler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ew

• Locked thread