Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Speedruns are...

*looks at chart*

bad????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rirse posted:

Alright Soviet Waffles, why don't you do a speedrun of say Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell the Blacklist if you think speedruns are bad? :D

Woops gotta go uhhhh my oven is burning my house down.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Maxwell Adams posted:

Caleb isn't allowed to rip his shirt off anymore.

It's worse.

That's actually a Twitch rule :eng101:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

dang, guess i'll just watch from home then...

Huh, I'm surprised there's never been a Goon Meal for one of these things, there's probably at least 10 goons attending??

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Petition to merge this thread and the Minneapolis Goon Meet Thread.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

That run was fun and hopefully not too long but a bit goofy :3:

Teikanmi posted:

Studio got $6000 to make videos for 5 months and he only did it for 2 months and then he disappeared and now speed runs

Destroy this man and all he stands for

I made like 80some vids, a bunch of shorts, and a did lot of casting for much longer.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

sweetroy posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gurl

edit: it was a good run, felt more like a lets play than a speedrun though.

I think the problem is that once you get the strats down it sort of its.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Stranger's Wrath will be a good run

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

elentar posted:

At SGDQ after 30-odd hours of traveling. Now to watch while finishing dissertation revisions, because my life decisions are the best and worst all at the same time.

If you're bored at night, the board game crew is usually quite alive :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Also, for those not in Minneapolis right now, there was a severe thunderstorm throughout the entire run. I was terrified the power was going to go out.

I have go take the light rail for 10 minutes and walk for 10 minutes to get back to the venue, and I'm not sure I want to go out there right now :ohdear:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

Also Jumper 2 was a pretty decent indie game for 2004.

I would've preferred to see An Untitled Story though. Has that ever been run at one of these?

Untitled Story is the most :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: game in the universe (actually, Runman is), but I feel like no one would know what's going on.

Studio fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 6, 2016

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

i'm freeing studio's post

I just wanted to post :3:.

Also An Untitled Story on the hardest difficulty is legit fun to watch, but uh, not consistent.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This run will take less time than the setup.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Undertale is one of those runs that's on the verge of being okay because there are some cool glitches, but the core of the run is text mashing or grinding. Any% is Genocide route with Muffet spared with a pastry. True Pacifist has some neat skips but it's so much text. I feel like it's a run that should be in a marathon once then never again (unless something great happens)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

i dunno if speedrun.com is reputable but neutral has apparently been done in 56 minutes

Yup. Finding encounters is sped up by pressing up down on a wall.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Are you at the hotel, Studio? I'm curious of the storm killed the power.

Nope, comfortably sending emails from prospect park :getin:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

Nope, comfortably sending emails from prospect park :getin:

*looks at Flash Flood warning* I've rused myself.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

wait you're in brooklyn?

Naw Minnesota just steals names from other states, or uses the most obvious naming possible (Apple Valley, a Valley that had Apples). There's both a Brooklyn Park Saint Louis Park nearby.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I... I run PC games and hate how mechanical keyboards feel

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

timp posted:

what is your dissertation

"Is Samus Real?"

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I played Cash n Gunz with Heinki and I was able to kill him in cold blood.

Worst feeling of my life :qq:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

elentar posted:

guys seriously if you could see the tech station right now

:getin:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oh you guys don't know how Arena runs work? It's the same dungeon 17 times.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

smell this posted:

Tell me the mods

Better horsecock, horsecock reloaded, horsecock textures+ (REVISED) more horses, horsing around, etc.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

You forgot the giant titted anime mods.

Ft. Horses

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Concept Hole posted:

Posted about horsecock

Horsecock was saved into my phone for that joke :negative:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

How in the world did he only just yesterday discover that the Cyclops' weakness is hitting it in the eye? Is this the only video game this guy has ever played? Or did he just start playing this game yesterday

Quit being a meanie

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

Quit being a meanie

<:mad:>

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

Here's a question for UA or other powers that be: could there be a mention of the console (or PC) in the schedule alongside with the game? If memory serves me right, this was a thing in some past events.

It was! I'm wondering if we might want an "expanded info" button that shows more information about the schedule (console, notes, stuff like that). I will pass this on to the web dev.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q28rSVWEmJA
C64 Bubble Ghost owns.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Who is John Glitch?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

butt games you say.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just finished the last of my big SGDQ duties. Gonna play Heart of Darkness with speedfriends :unsmith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

Was it you in the swag purple sweater in the end?

Where can I get one?

Yup! Those were super limited for staff a while ago, but I can see if we can make them available in the future?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Does someone have that one gif of uranium anchor acting surprised

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

UraniumAnchor posted:

Wandering the hotel the day after is always a bit hard after all the speedfriends have left. :smith:

Heading to the airport in an hour. See you guys in six months.

Resistance runback in January?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

We could hold a Minneapolis speed Goon meet :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The speed Goon community accepts non runners :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Teardown took less than 24 hours, but I believe we didn't need to takedown the risers and tables for the stage (they were the hotels). There were also a large amount of people helping load stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oyster, you've added an extra dimension to these marathons that I never thought I'd associate with GDQs. Thanks for opening up at a such a personal level, and you, Sam, Sam's family, and your brothers are always welcome at a GDQ. I owe you a bigger hug next time I see you.

• Locked thread