Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My body & bar are ready for this week lets do this folks

Edit oddly enough I actually will get a ton of work out time in since I have something I can really watch and not get bored to death with :D

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Crain posted:

Hey what you got in your bar?

Local brand cheap stuff mostly. Vodka, Rum, some ginger stuff the GF drinks, lots of schnapps, and stuff to make a lot of long islands.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

I can't help but notice that most of the runs this time are under 2 hours with very few exceeding that. I think it's a good change and I'm glad there won't be any more super long boring slogs at night.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

This on purpose or because RPG Limit Break just happened so everyone who wanted that could have seen that

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

UraniumAnchor posted:

Blueglass isn't making it out this time, sadly. It was very last minute, we even have a Volunteer badge for him. :(

:cry:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FYI MS Edge doesnt use flash it just streams to screen and seems to do 720p60 no problem for those who dont wanna deal with livestreamer for whatever reason

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pomp posted:

is awful games done quick not done in the summer? :(

It's there they just didn't label the blocks for...some stupid reason

starts like 0030 monday

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I feel very sorry for whomever lost a bet about anime but the flip side you were stupid enough to bet on anime. Might as well make a bet to be waterboarded

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Also lol at goons making GBS threads on giving to charity, bunch of cynical assholes

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ignoring the anime garbage it seems like a fine little game, lots of hate in here.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Unless you have a stupid good CPU any browser video is going to fall flat trying to display 60FPS outside of maybe Youtube since they have their coding down pat. Always get the stream out of that poo poo if you're really watching something.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's watch how bad we can break the poo poo out of a great game

^ Tetris?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

You just reminded me of that insanely cringey Stepmania keyboard "skill showcase" AGDQ had as a substitute for Tetris. I hope they don't have anything like that this year

That poo poo was weird and dumb but apparently goons in the minority thinking so

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can least say everyone the room I was with was all looking at each other going "wtf is this"

Also yeah the "music" was a bunch of stupid noise that made the whole thing more dreadful

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It would look fine at 3.5"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Im sorry child you picked the wrong consoles :colbert:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was not on enough alcohol for that pony game

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Apparently I got some sort of minor PTSD from MM3 as a kid. I didn't remember why exactly but some spots made me :cry: as they came up and he usually died on them cause that game is way harder than it looks.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm gonna start speedrunning quest for glory since there's only like two people who do that and be a world champ!

e: is there any speedrunning on twitch's new eating channel? I'd be good at that

Someone actually did speedrun all the quest for glory games in about 90 minutes for the RPG marathon. The devs were on the line too it's actually pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ullNjSTq8
If you haven't played the games though this is hella confusing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Donator just said he took the week off for GDQ.

Really? :wtc:

I get a ton of vacation every year and am too poor for the immediate future for a real vacation so I tend to take this off too :sun:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

using GIGAQUAD technology

Im still kinda amazed this worked

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Is there a speed reason why a bunch of these games are in their native Japanese? Because if I can't read the text, I'm lost about whats going on and its less of a "hey, I should play this" situation.

e: echoing this run being boring. I fell asleep for a good hour or so.
On top of the text thing a lot of games before the PS2/XBox/GCN era were produced and released in Japan months ahead of everyone else and tend to have the most bugs because of that. They'd fix some things while translating and producing the game elsewhere in the 6 months between those releases.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh is this the thing pewdiepie is always screaming at?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Socks dude how can you not understand to let the guest or the runner talk over you have you not watched any of these before you twat?!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

I thought this meant Super Mario Bros and I got excited for BigJon but then I remember this dude went and got sick right on the week of GDQ

Give him his NES Golf run already you GDQ nazis

I really think BigJon's personality could carry just about anything

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I am loving these guys

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was clenching a little on that last boss that seemed like 0 room for error

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Athropos posted:

I miss dudebro from demons crest already

Those guys were entertaining and not some nervous motormouth who can't remember his own gimick

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

oh boy CPS jokes that seems like a great loving idea for an unfunny nerd

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

sadly I don't think being aggressively mediocre means you can't come back

loving up your incentive just because you can't be bothered should be though

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tech people need a sign that just says SHUT UP FOR 30s

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is so spot on it hurts, it hurts so good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

Don't forget the Demon's Crest run, that was a perfect late night run

Dude

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rirse posted:

Still have no clue what Tiny Build does for GDQ?

Im assuming sponsored means $$$

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The anger over bits thing seems like nerds being angry about everything for no real reason, less twitch bans donations otherwise. No one is holding a gun to their head to use them but their simple existence sending people into that kinda tizzy is just typical :jerkbag:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The singing didn't make me want to kill the sound so it must have been ok.

I can't really tell good from great my brain is broke

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

On the plus side the whole world gets to see how awful Tetris Attack/Puzzle League is at being a competitive game
Only if you're a scrub who can't keep up

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Not a Children posted:

So pissed I missed the Tetris Attack race. That and Puyo Puyo are the two puzzle games I got huge into for a while, and I wish there were modern (USA) versions.

Puzzle League on the DS/3DS?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know what you all are talking about they're punch drunk tired and this is great

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lets Pickle posted:

This started pretty funny, like just some guys having a chill time playing games, but now this guy is so sleep deprived that it's getting pretty awkward to watch. Like he's starting to slur his words, breathe weirdly, telling people not to clap for him, just saying all sorts of insane poo poo that people say when they really need to go to sleep. The guys on the couch are doing damage control, telling him he's going to do well at the game, giving him a shoulder massage. He's actually doing really well at playing the game (for now), hopefully he will finish it before he passes out.

Nah this is funny and you're trying too hard to make something of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

That Jeb donation was perfect

• Locked thread