Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Besides the Best Games Done Quick blocks (often misidentified as Awful Games Done Quick), I'm looking forward to Pepsiman and Burning Rangers. Of course, it's the runs you don't see coming that turn out the best...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't usually go for this stuff but how could I not get a Pepsiman t-shirt.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crain posted:

At least it isn't the touhou guys again.

drat it, we need Touhou_Speed_Run.jpg in here.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh hey, the stream is running even if nothing is happening yet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Violently Car posted:

I dunno why but the couch looks really old and cheap on stream. I'm sure it's not, but it just looks... worn and grubby. This is what I spend my Sundays complaining about. Thanks for reading.

That couch is the same one that was in the basement with the original games done quick marathons. :colbert:

Not really.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Already one minute behind schedule. This marathon is so poorly run. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

Lame, the feed on their SGDQ website doesn't have a fullscreen option.

Easiest way to do it is go to http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/popout . It only loads the stream so you don't have to see the terrible chat at all.

Edit: I mean, you don't have to see the terrible chat if you don't look at this thread as well.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

Is there still time to donate for Sam? I didn't realize we were gonna do it now.

It's up next so it's not going to close for about fifteen more minutes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't heard anyone say this before but I was just thinking that Super Mario Sunshine is basically what Sonic Adventure 1 could have been if it was made by competent developers. What do you think?

And they still couldn't make the level design great. So that sounds about right.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Boo, rooCry. Boo that man.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I really want to like A Link Between Worlds but I really hate the item lending mechanic.

Finding the dungeon items (and finding out what they are since they vary from game to game) is the most fun part of a Zelda game, don't just put them all on a table at the beginning of the game :(

The fun there is that you can then jump to whatever part of the game you want.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

but it's not Zelda :arghfist::saddowns:

I think you'll find that going to whatever dungeon you want is explicitly Zelda. Except for the crappy Zeldas which make you do dungeons in order.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The video glitching is looking kind of rough. I hope that 3DS doesn't fail until they're finished.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

it's prob not the 3ds itself but their capture/cable equipment

The video lines make it look like it's the wire connection to the modded 3DS. That could be the cable or it could be the internal soldering they did for it. Either way, that 3DS is being shaken like an unwanted baby while speedrunning and it's probably not good for it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Are the GDQ guys open to suggsting a bid war on a run that doesn't have one? There's a Pokémon Red run toward the end of the week and a character name option might be fitting.

Given how much memory manipulation is involved in Pokemon runs, that might not actually be viable.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Every time I have to get up during this run it turns out I miss a dungeon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crain posted:

This made me look up what MSF brings in. And you're not wrong wrt overall revenue, but SGDQ seems to make up about 1/3 of MSFs fundraising revenue.

Which is pretty freaking sweet.

from here: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3628

I have to wonder if the SGDQ collection is actually under the donations. Not that being .3% of the total donations to one of the world's largest charities isn't impressive.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

man nurse posted:

The true Demon's Souls starts here

I am going to be the Old Monk and break the run.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Also lol at goons making GBS threads on giving to charity, bunch of cynical assholes

I don't know if I want to donate to SGDQ if the Russian military is just going to blow my donation up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Souls games have gotten a lot runs into *GDQ, I kind of want to see some King's Field take its slot. Less speed run and more speed slow walking. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

argondamn posted:

glad we get to see the swamp again

This is your fault.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'd look away from the Link Between Worlds run and I'd miss entire dungeons. I look away from this run and then they seem to be in the same spot.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Someone is cribbing DS Dad's style.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 are fun but I only paid $2 for them so the fact that they're only about an hour long each wasn't that big of deal.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Ignoring the anime garbage it seems like a fine little game

Wayforward.txt

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Initially the main character isn't running around in her underwear. She's running around in a police uniform themed bathing suit. :negative:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Good to see that Tiny Build Games continues to inform us what games to avoid.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Ummmmmmmmmmm do you knwo what loving weekend it is, bitch.

Canada Day weekend?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That was ten seconds lost on that level. The USA is going to fall!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

drat you SpikeVegeta, you let America down. :911:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure these guys are cheating.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

Never thought to see that sort of artifacting on a modern console, that was great.

It's because of how graphics processing works when there's no textures. A lot of 3D games do something similar when you go out of bounds.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oh Canada!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have to wonder if Moomooakai is secretly a maple syrup lover.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The fix is in! Check Team USA's bank accounts for a sudden infusion of loonies!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Burn Montreal to the ground!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wake up to some of the worst commentary on one of the most expensive video games ever.

Is there some reason someone keeps messing with the couch guy's sound levels?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

it was a mediocre meltdown too

Which kind of made it even more sad.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That terrible Flintstones run murdered the stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Harlock posted:

I've never even heard of Claymates

Claymates lead directly to Clayfighter, though! Everyone knows these games!

• Locked thread