Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Honestly milking bronies for donations in some favorite pony bid war seems like a solid idea to me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I know this is a big ol can o worms I prob shouldn't open up here but did anyone submit any Undertale Genocide runs? I watched some last year that were pretty entertaining especially cause the whole run is one giant buildup to one nearly impossible final boss fight. would be cool to see someone do it live at an event.s
Toby Fox specifically requested it not be run at AGDQ earlier this year as to not spoil people who had yet to play it. I imagine they're still honoring that request since the game hasn't even been out a year, and honestly I think it'd be a super dull game to speedrun unless they've found some fun glitches. I mean Genocide is 90% grinding random encounters and there's only two boss fights that are of any interest.

It'd probably bring in big donations, so maybe SGDQ 2017 will be enough time?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Compromise and speed run Undertale: Hard Mode

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Expecting the Energizer Bunny to come out at any moment

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stream crashed by incoming Awful Block viewers

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stream is back up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

chill, sarcastic runs are still good

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Double Bill posted:

I do love the thought of someone putting hours and hours into perfecting Crystal's Pony Tale. I bet he's had to do some explaining whenever someone entered the room while he was practicing
Honestly the ETA is 15 minutes so I dunno if it took that long to run it competently enough for a late-night marathon filler block.

I assume they decide to run these purely for the sake of charity. Or...I hope they do :stare:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eddie's character model is nightmarish

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game ever made. Get out of here with your Ocarinas and Majora masks
Awakening is good, but I'm afraid Link Between Worlds takes the crown :colbert:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Does this mean that Hyrule Warriors is also a dream? Which means everything connected to HW is also a dream?!

how deep does this rabbit-hole go
She even summons the Wind Fish to attack dudes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eonwe posted:

ill be home in 20 minutes :toot:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Didn't stealing also change your name to THIEF

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Four Swords is good, but is this really going to be an interesting run as just a vanilla single player run? Like, not even something wacky like one player with four GBAs

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

God I love how the SNES art style lets them flood you with enemies :allears:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

HoneyBoy posted:

Just off the cuff someone tell me how many Zelda games there are

answer: way too loving many
There's like ten or so titles in the "main" series" and About 19 if we got all the handheld ones and spinoffs like Four Swords.

There's almost as many Call of Duty titles despite the series coming out nearly two decades later.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I liked that it was a straightforward ending with no big tweest. Completely flew in the face of people expecting another Would You Kindly and made them mad. Great stuff.
The thing I hated was the "Collectivism is bad too." story which, besides really convoluted in order to pull off, seems like the sort of thing a publisher would to placate the Rand acolytes the first game pissed off. Not that Bioshock 1 was CUTTING POLITICAL COMMENTARY, but Bioshock 2 had nothing to say.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

glitchless, bah.
Does this mean no out of bounds exploiting? Because it's hilarious having the runner chilling on the ceiling while the poor monster roars in vain trying to get him.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When the minecart is too slow

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I wonder if the Dustforce run will actually finish this time. Last marathon they tried an all-SS run they went over and had to kill it. Getting SS rank on the final levels is rare, as in maybe 15 people have done it world-wide.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

That was something like 3 years ago, when Dustforce was out for barely a year. Now we've got practiced folk and apparently one of two people capable of doing all-SS runs to completion.
This was SGDQ 2014, and last year it seems like they did Any% specifically to keep it reasonable.

Those levels are just super loving hard to complete, much less SS, and I'm not surprised it's a hard thing to pull off consistently.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Finally, French gets its time to shine.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

lol if you haven't played Dustforce

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yotta already doing what it does best

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

two tries :stare:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Looking up this Jumper 2 game, it looks really bad. Confirm/deny?
No run is going to look good after that Dustforce run

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Imagine if Boshy wasn't trial-and-error and not riddled with obnoxious meme humor.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Halfcoordinated is running Momodora so I'm all in for that :frogc00l:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Yeah I feel like a 'speedrun' of Undertale would run to several hours at the very least and by the end of it chat would be a sea of ResidentSleeper and haHAA
By RPG standards Undertale is actually pretty drat quick. It's just more like Four Swords where it'll be entertaining for a little bit and then go on way the gently caress too long.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

elentar posted:

the event is about raising money and this stands to make a shitton of money so i feel like they could sacrifice an hour to it at least once a year and everyone can just take an extended piss break or something
So long as they schedule Fire Emblem runs, nobody can complain about an Undertale run.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

elentar posted:

the event is about raising money and this stands to make a shitton of money so i feel like they could sacrifice an hour to it at least once a year and everyone can just take an extended piss break or something
So long as they schedule Fire Emblem runs, nobody can complain about an Undertale run.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"If I don't mess up there."

proceeds to die like six more times

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"Time will be call-"

dies

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He was within his ETA so I don't see what the whining is all about since he clearly knew he'd die quite a bit.

It is funny though

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alighieri posted:

The estimate is 41 minutes, how many levels are in supermeatboy? I am an uncoordinated mongoloid who couldn't get that far in it.
The game has like 8 worlds (and I think Cotton Alley is World 9) plus dark worlds so roughly 320 levels counting dark + whatever Cotton Alley has.

It's not 100% so no bandages or having to die constantly to spawn glitch girl.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

Because he split from Team Meat and they don't wanna pay him for it. It's perfectly understandable.
This would be more meaningful if Team Meat ever put out another game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eonwe posted:

those fuckers cancelled mewgenics

what are they even working on at this point
They were working on a mobile version of Super Meat Boy (which is funny after doing a big rant over mobile games at GDC or wherever) and then all news on that dried up after like one PAX appearance.

I have no idea what Tommy is even doing, but since Edmund keeps putting out his own games I think it's safe to say Team Meat is largely dead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

BoI Afterbirth+, I'd assume. Haven't heard anything about it since, what, December? They're probably going for another October release.

Add me to the 'salty about Mewgenics' pile.
Isaac and other games like Fingered aren't Team Meat. They're just solo projects that Edmund does with other people.

Literally the only game Team Meat has put out is Super Meat Boy.

EDIT: Bumbo is also an Edmund-only project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Social Media posted:

tfw you're a grown man and your go-to aesthetic is early 00s newgrounds
Well the original Meat Boy was a Newgrounds game.

• Locked thread